Windows 10: Software to send Audio FROM phone TO TV / Chromecast

Discus and support Software to send Audio FROM phone TO TV / Chromecast in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there seems plenty of stuff around to GET audio from TV TO a phone --I'd like it the OTHER way around --FROM PHONE TO TV. I can use Bluetooth... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimbo45, Feb 7, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Software to send Audio FROM phone TO TV / Chromecast

Hi there

seems plenty of stuff around to GET audio from TV TO a phone --I'd like it the OTHER way around --FROM PHONE TO TV.

I can use Bluetooth for a Bluetooth speaker - but Bluetooth is pretty horrible compared with decent HD audio -- and the top end phones have quite decent DAC's in them making transmitting HD Audio worthwhile.

I want it primarily to CAST Internet radio streams (.OPML streams) to my TV speakers - chromecast should be able to receive the audio.

I have no problem with local Audio FILES (using PLEX) and VIDEO (again using PLEX) but there's no option for capturing and streaming Internet radio either.

There's a Tunein app on the phone that can do it (sort of) but the interface is so horrible (can't select stations by genre etc and no way to save favourites for example) so if I can stream the audio output from my phone which captures Internet streams from Logitech media server and Cantata / MPD streams I'd be happy.

So any ideas -- please note it's from PHONE TO TV not the other way around. I've got the latest Chromecast device too.

Here's the sort of stream I want -- I like the Football (Soccer) stuff from BBC R5 Live

line URL="http://opml.radiotime.com/Tune.ashx...mvoice&partnerId=16&serial=1a20f32a2c 429a2f4027ab0d4ed25c17" icon="http://radiotime-logos.s3.amazonaws.com/s24943q.png" text="BBC Radio 5 live 909 (News)" type="audio" />

Not sure how to fiddle with PLEX to get that into a playable stream -- I'm sure someone out there has fiddled with this stuff.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Feb 7, 2016
  2. BuzzFW Win User

Audio through HDMI stopped working on Surface Pro 3

Been using audio/video through hdmi just fine. One time disconnecting and reconnecting the cable and audio stopped working while video continued. Both work fine through Chromecast still.

Read previous posts and tried deleting the TV from the Device Manager and rearstarting before reconnecting. Now the TV won't show up again or the drivers. Problem remains the same though, video, but no audio.

BuzzFW, Feb 7, 2016
  3. LCRT Win User
    Lumia 650 Cast to Tv and Google App for this device.

You can cast to tvs with that phone. Just not to a Chromecast device. You need a miracast compatible TV or accessory.

LCRT, Feb 7, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Does Microsoft Edge run on the phone and allow "Cast media to device" as it does on the desktop version?

philc43, Feb 7, 2016
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there --sorry -it's an ANDROID Samsung S5 phone so only chrome.

Chrome can cast but that means getting some type of RDP from phone to access desktop but the music server is actually doing the music streaming. I've got the music playing fine on the phone and can also play to Bluetooth -- it's to the TV speakers where I want to route the output to.

I've managed to get the stream for BBC R3 classical -- but it's a too convoluted process to do it manually

but here it is and it plays fine in VLC.

http://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live...dio_three.m3u8

Open VLC and choose Open network stream and paste in the URL.

BBC R5 Live (sport)
    http://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live...five_live.m3u8

and BBC R5 sport extra

http://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live...rts_extra.m3u8

From there I can now cast it -- but it's going to be a lot of work so I hope there's a better way !!!.

added -- a link for some European Radio stations too. Loads of links including BBC local stuff.

Radiozenders Streaming URL's

Belgium has separate list

http://users.skynet.be/roderic/miend...vestreams.html

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Software to send Audio FROM phone TO TV / Chromecast - Similar Threads - Software send Audio

2. Is there a way to extend my screen to a Google TV Chromecast?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to extend my screen to a Google TV Chromecast?: So, it seems like my external monitor is on the way to deads-ville.For the last several days, when I turn it on, it goes on, displays its desktop for a second or two, then goes dark. Usually turning it on and off for a couple minutes eventually fixes it, but today it did not....
  3. Is there a way to extend my screen to a Google TV Chromecast?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to extend my screen to a Google TV Chromecast?: So, it seems like my external monitor is on the way to deads-ville.For the last several days, when I turn it on, it goes on, displays its desktop for a second or two, then goes dark. Usually turning it on and off for a couple minutes eventually fixes it, but today it did not....
  4. Cannot send audio from my phone to Windows 10 via Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot send audio from my phone to Windows 10 via Bluetooth: I have a BCM94352HMB Wifi Card AzureWave Wifi/Bluetooth adapter in my Dell Laptop running Win 10 Pro. Some more details about the Bluetooth adapter: BCM20702A0, Product ID: 0x21fb and Vendor ID: 0x0a5c (Broadcom Corp.) I have no problem pairing my phone with it and can...
  5. Cannot cast from laptop in WIndows 10 to my chromecast on tv.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot cast from laptop in WIndows 10 to my chromecast on tv.: All threads seem to be locked. New to WIndows 10 and I see no icon, no option to cast to my chromecast on tv from my laptop? Thankful that I have wireless and using no data. I was apple to use an app on android and cast to tv from a url, but cannot do it from my windows10...
  6. Cast from laptop to TV with chromecast

Cast from laptop to TV with chromecast: I have a Dell laptop with Windows 10. I have a Vizio smart TV with Chromecast attached. I am able to cast from my phone to the TV via Chromecast. How can I cast from this laptop to the TV?...
  7. Send audio from any Windows app to Chromecast

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Send audio from any Windows app to Chromecast: I have struggled to find software that will send audio from any Windows app (such as iTunes or Firefox) to Chromecast devices and Google Home speakers. The software that I have recently found and that I have been using with success is described at ......
  8. Can I cast photos to TV using Chromecast?

Can I cast photos to TV using Chromecast?: I have pictures in Windows Pictures sub-folders and need to cast them to the TV. I tried to cast them using Chromecase but it didn’t work. I have my computer and TV on the same home network. Help, please....
  9. Casting Photos to TV via Chromecast

Casting Photos to TV via Chromecast: I have been trying for a long time to figure out how to cast photos from Windows Pictures sub-folders to my TV using Chromecast. I am able to cast other things but not this. When I right-click a photo in a Pictures sub-folder and then click "Cast to Device" I get "Searching"...
  10. Using Google Chromecast to stream media from local PC to TV on W10

Using Google Chromecast to stream media from local PC to TV on W10: Hi there, It's not very clear on the sales blurb about Google's Chromecast (probably for obvious reasons) but this device works fine for watching locally stored movies etc on your TV when streamed from a local PC (or PC connected to your network). These movies are on Local...