Windows 10: Software to sync folders on PC and USB thumb drive

Discus and support Software to sync folders on PC and USB thumb drive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; it cant be simpler robcopy d:\work c:\work /mirror thats its just change the folders names it doesnt get any simpler You are so right, job done and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by daniellouwrens, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Software to sync folders on PC and USB thumb drive

You are so right, job done and lots of time saved.

Thanks for your help and thanks to all contributers to the thread, it all helps.

Cheers

Daniel

daniellouwrens, Apr 5, 2018

2. Hi

I carry a USB drive that contains the data I use for work, when I get to work
    I plug in the USB and work from the folders on it then When I get home I copy
    the contents to my PC as a backup.

Is there software available that will sync the contents of the USB drive
    to my PC on demand?

Copy and paste does not work well because data I have deleted from the USB
    remain on the PC and I need the two to be identical, and deleting the data
    on my PC then copying it over takes too long.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Daniel

:)

daniellouwrens, Apr 9, 2018
  3. How best to sync a USB flash/thumb drive with folder on my laptop?

I need to be able to work off a flash drive when at work or traveling, and I want to sync that (only the changes) with a folder on my home PC. I need it to sync both ways so that if changes are made in the home C folder it is transferred to the USB drive
    (once it is inserted), and vice versa. I'm using Windows 10, and everything important is on OneDrive. I've read that synctoy is not a good option with Windows 10, and really isn't even compatible ALSO, once I have syncing of the flash drive set up I think
    I can sync the PC folder to OneDrive...and then if I make changes to a document on OneDrive through the internet, those changes should sync with the home PC folder, which will sync with the removable flash drive....or the other way...changes done to documents
    on the flash drive will be synced with the hoe PC folder then synced with OneDrive. First though, what is the best option, software, or whatever to sync that portable thumb drive with a folder on my pc? If you can offer advice on the whole thumb drive to
    OneDrive setup that would be great too. Thanks!

StevenKY76, Apr 9, 2018
  4. flvasmith Win User

Software to sync folders on PC and USB thumb drive

How to create Recovery disc in windows 10

This program provides for the creation of a USB thumb drive instead of a disc [CD] as introduced. If completed on a USB thumb drive, will the thumb drive act to boot the PC if required? Thanks.

flvasmith, Apr 9, 2018
  5. Samuria Win User
    Very simple it's built into Windows robocopy run from cmd line you simply mirror option you can download a free GUI if you want and you can use the cmd in a script if you want. Basically it's robocopy d:\work c:\work /mirror it was built for servers and very fast

Samuria, Apr 9, 2018
  6. Clintlgm Win User
    Clintlgm, Apr 9, 2018
  7. Hi

does it copy and paste or does it sync?

Thanks

Daniel

daniellouwrens, Apr 10, 2018
  8. Samuria Win User

Samuria, Apr 10, 2018
  9. Thanks but even with the GUI it is a seriously complex process and I do not have the time to work
    it all out.

Thanks for you input.

Regards

Daniel

daniellouwrens, Apr 12, 2018
  10. Samuria Win User
    it cant be simpler robcopy d:\work c:\work /mirror thats its just change the folders names it doesnt get any simpler

Samuria, Apr 12, 2018
  11. ap1978 Win User
Thema:

1. Software to sync folders on PC and USB thumb drive - Similar Threads - Software sync folders

2. Usb Thumb Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb Thumb Drive: Earlier today my thumb drive was working fine but now when I plug it in to view it it only shows up in files for a few seconds then disappears. In devices it says that it is connected but won't let me view files. I also tried it on a chrome book but would not work. Any ways...
  3. Usb Thumb Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb Thumb Drive: Earlier today my thumb drive was working fine but now when I plug it in to view it it only shows up in files for a few seconds then disappears. In devices it says that it is connected but won't let me view files. I also tried it on a chrome book but would not work. Any ways...
  4. Usb Thumb Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Free software for syncing folders between pc and external hard drives?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Free software for syncing folders between pc and external hard drives?: What's the best freeware that you suggest for syncing files and folders between PC and external hard drives? 183511
  6. USB thumb drives

USB thumb drives: Sorry not really a w10 issue but how much actual data should I expect to get from a 32g drive? I just bought one and it is only 28.6 should I return it? I contacted Sandisk and this is what they said; Thank you for contacting SanDisk® Global Customer Support. I understand...
  7. Duplicate USB Thumb drive letters

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate USB Thumb drive letters: Greetings all, Can anyone tell me why I would be seeing duplicate drive letters for any USB drive i.e. thumb, ssd, etc., in the MS Explorer navigation pane. Also, when I click on the "Safely remove hardware" icon on the taskbar to remove the USB drive, it's always...
  8. backup to usb thumb drives?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    backup to usb thumb drives?: Is it possible to do backups to thumbdrives? If so, is it possible to do those backups with common backup apps such as macrim and/or AOMEI? If so what are the pros and cons? Windows 10 Pro 64 bit CPU: i7-4770k @350GHz Ram: 16GB Graphics: Radeon 580 8GB vram Winver 1903...
  9. Syncing Thumb Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Syncing Thumb Drive: Our church secretary likes to keep most of her documents on a thumb drive which creates a problem when she's gone, since no one but her has her drive. We've asked that she keep church stuff on the churches computers for this reason, but to no avail. She said this time, "I...
  10. Is this USB Thumb drive toasted or is it the USB Port?

Is this USB Thumb drive toasted or is it the USB Port?: Hello; I found that a 32GB LEXAR USB 3.0 thrumb drive was not being fully recognized by my PC. When using File Manager and clicking on Removable disk (I:) under This PC, I am getting a prompt: Please insert a disk into Removeable Disk (I:). [The volume name used to be shown...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Are thumb drives available that sync with PCs