Windows 10: Solid color login screen?

Discus and support Solid color login screen? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi! Does anyone know how to make ones login screen solid color? I tried the regfix at How to Change the Login Screen Background on Windows 10 but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bulldows95, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Solid color login screen?

bulldows95, Aug 9, 2015
  2. DonnyB5 Win User

Meaning of Windows 10 boot screen colors?

This is not a problem, but I'm curious to know what is the significance of the color of the boot screen on Windows 10. I'm speaking of the solid background color during the boot process while the "load wheel" is spinning, before the login screen takes over. (Solid
    background color also appears on the shutdown screen.) On some computers it's green, on others it's yellow, and on one computer it was red. Is there any meaning to the colors?

DonnyB5, Aug 9, 2015
  3. edjejong Win User
    edjejong, Aug 9, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Solid color login screen?

Brink, Aug 9, 2015
  5. Thank you - but the .reg key from the HowToGeek article looks just the same doesn't it?

Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System] "DisableLogonBackgroundImage"=dword:00000001[/quote]

bulldows95, Aug 9, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Yeah, it's the same method. I'm not sure what went wrong for you, but it does still work. At least in my Windows 10 Pro.

What are you seeing instead?

Do you have any other policies set that may be overriding this one?

Brink, Aug 9, 2015
  7. Nope, no policies, and seeing pretty much the same backgrounds as always. I'm on Windows 10 Pro as well.

bulldows95, Aug 9, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 9, 2015
  9. bulldows95, Aug 9, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    In that case, double check to see if one those programs may have an option that is overriding this one.

Brink, Aug 9, 2015
  11. Hi!

It appears the reason is that I've disabled automatic updates, and disabling the login screen background image is something only available to recent updates.

Big ups to the RibbonDisabler author for helping me get to the bottom of this.

Cheers!

bulldows95, Aug 25, 2015
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Great news. Thank you for posting back with your results. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Solid color login screen? - Similar Threads - Solid color login

2. Solid color pc crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Solid color pc crash: So I have a issue where when I play video games off of my hp gaming pc it crashes to a solid white screen or a solid color I have 2 monitors and each one turn a different solid color but I have noticed that for some reason this only happens when I play games off of steam for...
  3. Solid color pc crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Solid color pc crash: So I have a issue where when I play video games off of my hp gaming pc it crashes to a solid white screen or a solid color I have 2 monitors and each one turn a different solid color but I have noticed that for some reason this only happens when I play games off of steam for...
  4. solid color background

in Windows 10 Customization
    solid color background: Hello there , I've read somewhere that using solid color background in win7 would cause 30 sec delay in the boot up. what about windows 10 ? what is the best desktop background regarding performance in win10 ? thanks ....
  5. Laptop screen turns solid color

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop screen turns solid color: I’ve been having this problem for over at least like 6 months but almost everytime I try to run a game like Valorant my screen will turn a solid color like brown and I have to manually shut it down. I’ve done almost everything I was recommended before so im starting to think...
  6. Screen turns solid color and freezes

Screen turns solid color and freezes: If I try to play any game on my laptop my drivers will just fail. I’ve tried legit everything and nothing has worked for me and my screen still turns to a color and crashes. Im guessing its a hardware problem but im just asking arround first before I get it checked submitted...
  7. Screen turns solid color and freezes

Screen turns solid color and freezes: So Ive been having this problem for at least a month now. Everytime I try to load up games like Minecraft or some other stuff. My screen turns to a solid color like green or brown and my laptop freezes and I have to reset. Ive tried uninstalling my drivers and reinstalling,...
  8. Screen turns a solid color, audio stops.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen turns a solid color, audio stops.: Whenever I'm doing anything on my PC, gaming or anything, sometimes the screen will turn the most common color seen at the time for example, if I'm on my desktop it would turn beige and I stop hearing everything, but my PC is still running....
  9. A Solid Colored Background Blocks My Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A Solid Colored Background Blocks My Screen: A solid colored background blocks my screen out of the blue. It was the same color as the taskbar. I tried to get rid of it by putting my computer on sleep mode, and then waking it up in a few seconds. How can I stop that solid colored background from blocking my screen out...
  10. Tutorial: Change Logon Screen Background to Solid Color

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tutorial: Change Logon Screen Background to Solid Color: Hey there everyone. I'm not quite sure if there's a post about this already, but here it goes. I would assume people may want to tinker with their logon screen background picture. (an example of this screen, to clarify, is below) [img] This is the picture that is...