Windows 10: Solitaire app opens on laptop but not desktop. Both are Win 10 Pro 64

Discus and support Solitaire app opens on laptop but not desktop. Both are Win 10 Pro 64 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; A few days ago Solitaire stopped working on my desktop machine. *Sad A window seems to open, but then closes without any user prompt. The usual Google... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by x509, Oct 5, 2016.

1. x509 Win User

Solitaire app opens on laptop but not desktop. Both are Win 10 Pro 64

A few days ago Solitaire stopped working on my desktop machine. *Sad A window seems to open, but then closes without any user prompt. The usual Google search yielded two methods to fix the issue, but neither one worked, which was also the problem for many people in the search result threads.*Confused

On my laptop, no such problem. Both are Win 10 Pro 64, both fully up to date with Microsoft patches.

If it matters, I play solitaire (and freecell) as a guest. Both Win 10 installations were upgrades, without a Microsoft account. *Tongue

Any ideas?

:)

x509, Oct 5, 2016

2. Windows 10 upgrade to 1511 (10586) problems. Windows 10 pro 64 and windows 10 home 32.

I have windows 10 pro 64 (Win ver 10240) with my desktop and windows 10 home 32 (Win ver 10240) with the laptop. Upgrading to 1511 (10586) both download went ok, but with the desktop freezes at 2% at the moment of the coping the files after the restart
    and with the laptop blackout after the restart. Both computers went back to windows ver 10240 after forcing both computer to restart again.

ReneDugarte, Oct 5, 2016
  3. Upgraded two Win 10 in two different computers but anxious that both of the product keys are same

I have one desktop and one laptop., with different product keys of Win 8. My laptop was bought with a Win 7 Home and later upgraded to Win 8 Pro and then updated to Win 8.1 Pro. My desktop had Win 8 Pro and later updated to Win 8.1 Pro. In both of my computers,
    I received 'Get Windows 10' icons. I upgraded the laptop first on Aug 1 and the desktop on Aug 4,I.e.,today. But I found that the last 5 alphanumerics in both of the product keys were same. From last night, the laptop stopped working and I was unable to open
    it. All the product keys of Win 8 Pro are genuine with original Win 8 dvd's. Please help.

Thanks

Anjan Ghosh

AnjanGhosh, Oct 5, 2016
  4. Solitaire app opens on laptop but not desktop. Both are Win 10 Pro 64

Does anyone play that even today? When I get too bored in the office, I play it. Maybe the app is corrupted.

Fernando22, Oct 6, 2016
  5. x509 Win User
    bumpity bump *Think *Sad

6. Re-install it and see if the problem goes away. The update may have screwed that game up

RoasterMen, Oct 13, 2016
  7. x509 Win User
    The entire update?

x509, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Solitaire app opens on laptop but not desktop. Both are Win 10 Pro 64

1. Solitaire app opens on laptop but not desktop. Both are Win 10 Pro 64 - Similar Threads - Solitaire app opens

2. Upgrading win 10 Home 64 bits to Win 10 64 bits Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading win 10 Home 64 bits to Win 10 64 bits Pro: I have a laptop with win10 Home 64 bits installed on it. I need t upgrade it to Win 10 Pro 64 bits. I have a digital Licence on my PC Pro 64 bits. I have already tried to upgrade my laptop with clean install but Microsoft does not give me any choice except buying the...
  3. Help replacing Win.7Pro 64, to Win.10 Pro 64?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help replacing Win.7Pro 64, to Win.10 Pro 64?: Howdy all! I am unfortunately in a situation where I think I will need to replace hardware, [ie: B85 Chipset MoBo, and Intel core i7, CPU] before installing either a "clean," or an "upgrade" to WIN10? I perform upgrades every six or seven years, to keep up with technology....
  4. Need to UPGRADE Win 7 Pro X 64 to Win 10 Pro X 64

Need to UPGRADE Win 7 Pro X 64 to Win 10 Pro X 64: Upgrading Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro: Running Win 7 Pro with Service Pak 1 on a HP PC Desktop Mo h8-1360t 1.00 and I want to upgrade (not a fresh install) upgrade Win 7 Pro 64 bit to Win 10 Pro. 64 Bit Spec: Processor is Intel (R) Quad Core I-7-3770CPU 3.4 GHZ, 10 GB Mem ,...
  5. Win 10 Pro 64-bit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit: Since, in my 2 laborious (!) years of experience with Windows 10 Pro (64 bit) on the nicely-'appointed' desktop I built, it does not work as advertised, can I return it to MS and replace it Windows 7 Pro (64-bit which does work as advertised)? I thought I was being smart to...
  6. Dual boot Win 7 and Win 10 both 64 bit

Dual boot Win 7 and Win 10 both 64 bit: Though this question has been put up many times earlier but one thing is not clear. I have independently installed Win 7 and Win 10 on separate hard disks. When I installed Win 7, the Win 10 hard disk was not attached. In the same way when I installed Win 10, the Win 7 hard...
  7. Spider Solitaire on WIn 10 64

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spider Solitaire on WIn 10 64: got to ask guys, could Spider Solitaire work on Win 10 X64? I ask this because i never go back to an older OS. thanks Jeff 2762
  8. UAC Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    UAC Win 10 Pro 64 bit.: Hi all, Good to be here. Somehow I have managed to mess up my only UAC (the hidden one in Command Prompt. It does show up on the login page but Account name is "NewUsername", Username is "Brian-HP/NewUsername" and it asks for a password. Which I cant find or remember as it...
  9. How to Repair ONLY Win 7 in dual-boot Win 7 and 10 PC? Both Pro 64-bit

How to Repair ONLY Win 7 in dual-boot Win 7 and 10 PC? Both Pro 64-bit: I have a nice PC that dual-boots Win 7 Pro 64-bit and Win 10 Pro 64-bit. I'd like to do a "non-destructive repair" of ONLY the Win 7 [probably by using the "upgrade" function of a Win 7 installation CD or img] but what steps should I take to make sure the Win 7 repair...
  10. can I upgrade both my desktop (win 7 64 bit) and my laptop (win 7 32)?

can I upgrade both my desktop (win 7 64 bit) and my laptop (win 7 32)?: May have been answered previously but search didn't find. If so - sorry! Have 2 computers -a desktop (64 bit) and a laptop (32 bit) - both Win 7 Pro Sp1. Can I upgrade each to the appropriate Win 10 (IE 64 to 64 and 32 to 32)? Only use laptop when on vacation ... use...