Windows 10: SOLUTION: Computer won't shut down / Boots up automatically

Discus and support SOLUTION: Computer won't shut down / Boots up automatically in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Folks, I had been struggling with my Windows 10 install, my machine wouldn't go to sleep and booted itself up automatically. I have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gunstar, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Gunstar Win User

SOLUTION: Computer won't shut down / Boots up automatically

Hi Folks,

I had been struggling with my Windows 10 install, my machine wouldn't go to sleep and booted itself up automatically.

I have been trawling this forum and a few others and none of the advice worked. Yesterday the problem went away and I thought it might have been a glitch and thought no more of it. Today my eldest son booted his machine and mine booted too, so I turned his off, shut mine down the booted my wife's laptop, my computer booted too.

Turns out if you have a network with multiple devices and file/printer sharing the other devices can wake your machine up.

Solution: Goto Device manager > Network adapters > Properties > Power Management and uncheck "Allow this device to wake the computer" and "Only allow a magic packet to wake the computer"

SOLUTION: Computer won't shut down / Boots up automatically [​IMG]

That solved the issue for me. I have seen many others struggling and hope this is of some help. Sorry if it's old news or a well know fix. *Smile

:)

Gunstar, Aug 8, 2015

2. Windows 10 Update

Automatic update occurred and computer will not complete boot up. Stuck/endless cycle boot up to shut down. Automatic System Repair cannot find the issue. Restoring to a previous point does not work. At a loss. Use this computer for work. Losing money...
    please help.

ericspivey, Aug 8, 2015
  3. cdt8874 Win User
    Cannot reboot after update

Hi, my girlfriend updated her laptop last night as it shut down, and when she went to use it today it automatically goes into boot up mode, maybe bios. She is using windows 10 by the way. The screen options read Boot Menu, App Menu. In Boot Menu she has
    highlighted the 'Windows Boot Manager' option and tried to click enter so it boots up, but it won't click on it. It won't activate or boot up when clicked on. Please help.

cdt8874, Aug 8, 2015
Thema:

SOLUTION: Computer won't shut down / Boots up automatically

1. SOLUTION: Computer won't shut down / Boots up automatically - Similar Threads - SOLUTION Computer won't

2. Windows 11 has shut down and won't boot up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 has shut down and won't boot up.: I was using Windows 11 on my Lenovo IdeaPad 3i with 4gb of ram, I was about to run photoshop and my pc instantly shut down and wont boot up, even when i try to go into recovery mode to reset it and its asking me for an recovery key, can anyone please help?* Original title:...
  3. Windows 11 has shut down and won't boot up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 has shut down and won't boot up.: I was using Windows 11 on my Lenovo IdeaPad 3i with 4gb of ram, I was about to run photoshop and my pc instantly shut down and wont boot up, even when i try to go into recovery mode to reset it and its asking me for an recovery key, can anyone please help?* Original title:...
  4. Computer won't fully shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer won't fully shut down: Simply put, my computer won't fully shut down for some reason. I select to shut down the computer and it seems to shut down as it always does. However, LEDs, Fans, etc. are still running while my monitor shows no connection to the computer. I've seen that people suggested...
  5. Computer won't fully shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't fully shut down: Simply put, my computer won't fully shut down for some reason. I select to shut down the computer and it seems to shut down as it always does. However, LEDs, Fans, etc. are still running while my monitor shows no connection to the computer. I've seen that people suggested...
  6. Computer won't fully shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Computer won't shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't shut down: I installed a new modem today, and got rid of the older one. This went fine and I'm able to surf and have a private wifi. But, when I clicked "Shut down" from the popup menu, my computer appeared to restart. I had left my desk and then noticed a light was showing behind the...
  8. My computer is shutting down automatically

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer is shutting down automatically: Hey guys I was using windows 8.1 for quite a while but then I decided to upgrade to win 10. I finished the installation perfectly and the computer is working fine but it started to shutdown after approximately 6 or 7 mins. I changed the sleep mode timer to never but still the...
  9. my computer won't shut down

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    my computer won't shut down: when i go to shutdown my computer, the button doesn't work. the other buttons also don't do anything. can someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-wont-shut-down/130d52fc-8598-4bfb-82fb-ef40a317728e
  10. Windows 10 won't boot up after shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 won't boot up after shutting down: I have been having this problem for a while now. Every time I shutdown Windows 10 and I power it up again it is stuck on the boot screen I don't know what you call it. Windows can boot if I manually restart it with the physical buttons/cutting power to the computer. I have...