Windows 10: SOLUTION: Computer won't shut down / Boots up automatically

Discus and support SOLUTION: Computer won't shut down / Boots up automatically in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Folks, I had been struggling with my Windows 10 install, my machine wouldn't go to sleep and booted itself up automatically. I have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gunstar, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Gunstar Win User

SOLUTION: Computer won't shut down / Boots up automatically

Hi Folks,

I had been struggling with my Windows 10 install, my machine wouldn't go to sleep and booted itself up automatically.

I have been trawling this forum and a few others and none of the advice worked. Yesterday the problem went away and I thought it might have been a glitch and thought no more of it. Today my eldest son booted his machine and mine booted too, so I turned his off, shut mine down the booted my wife's laptop, my computer booted too.

Turns out if you have a network with multiple devices and file/printer sharing the other devices can wake your machine up.

Solution: Goto Device manager > Network adapters > Properties > Power Management and uncheck "Allow this device to wake the computer" and "Only allow a magic packet to wake the computer"

SOLUTION: Computer won't shut down / Boots up automatically [​IMG]

That solved the issue for me. I have seen many others struggling and hope this is of some help. Sorry if it's old news or a well know fix. *Smile

:)

Gunstar, Aug 8, 2015

2. Windows 10 Update

Automatic update occurred and computer will not complete boot up. Stuck/endless cycle boot up to shut down. Automatic System Repair cannot find the issue. Restoring to a previous point does not work. At a loss. Use this computer for work. Losing money...
    please help.

ericspivey, Aug 8, 2015
  3. cdt8874 Win User
    Cannot reboot after update

Hi, my girlfriend updated her laptop last night as it shut down, and when she went to use it today it automatically goes into boot up mode, maybe bios. She is using windows 10 by the way. The screen options read Boot Menu, App Menu. In Boot Menu she has
    highlighted the 'Windows Boot Manager' option and tried to click enter so it boots up, but it won't click on it. It won't activate or boot up when clicked on. Please help.

cdt8874, Aug 8, 2015
Thema:

SOLUTION: Computer won't shut down / Boots up automatically

1. SOLUTION: Computer won't shut down / Boots up automatically - Similar Threads - SOLUTION Computer won't

2. PC shutting down automatically

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC shutting down automatically: We had a windows 2012 server with us and MySQL for an application is working with it. The day before yesterday it starts shutting down automatically and showing an error like entering to low power state in event manager. We thought it was due to some heating problem or...
  3. Computer shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer shutting down: My computer loads up and allows me to login and after a couple of seconds, command prompt pops up and then my computer shuts down I dont know what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-shutting-down/f4b4f549-89cb-4357-8ba4-cd8245d7915c
  4. Computer Shutting Down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer Shutting Down: Hello - can anyone help with this problem please? My computer is shutting down periodically, but its getting more regular. On some days it can shut down several times in the day, and then go for several days without shutting down. Things I've checked; The load is usually...
  5. Automatic shut down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic shut down: Since recent updates my computer will automatically lose the screen and has to be restarted. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for occurances. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-shut-down/ed48e7ad-7223-4c82-bbc2-8a7a77185a97
  6. why does my computer shut down automatically

in Windows 10 Support
    why does my computer shut down automatically: this computer shutdown when not use after about 5 minutes even though the power option says never in both locations. It does not completely shut down because the startup screen is still on and I do have reenter my password. Any help on this problem would be greatly...
  7. Automatically shut down computer after backup completes

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Automatically shut down computer after backup completes: Hello, Is there a way I can have Windows automatically shut down the computer when the backup finishes? 88306
  8. Computer shuts down on its own, then boots back up

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer shuts down on its own, then boots back up: This issue has only started today. I recently got a new motherboard, new CPU, and new memory. Everything had been working absolutely perfectly until today. While playing a game (SC2) my computer will abruptly shut down on its own, then re-boot after a few seconds. All the LED...
  9. Shut down computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Shut down computer: Hello, Yesterday before going to bed, I went to shut-down the computer as always, it takes about 20-30 seconds. On screen had the usual notice something like 'shuting-down..', screen went black and I left the room. Then before going to bed I checked again and see the light...
  10. Computer won't shut down, Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer won't shut down, Windows 10.: I upgraded to Windows 10 from 7, everything went pretty smooth surprisingly, not perfect though. I was able to shut down my computer with 10 for some time, but all of a sudden the power button doesn't turn off. That is either through Start > Shut Down, or even holding the...