Windows 10: Solution to slow Windows at last

Discus and support Solution to slow Windows at last in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For years I have been watching the thread "Why is Windows so Slow". I have tried all the recommendations other than a complete reload of all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by cviclark, Aug 10, 2018.

1. cviclark Win User

Solution to slow Windows at last

For years I have been watching the thread "Why is Windows so Slow". I have tried all the recommendations other than a complete reload of all programmes. My PC is a Lenovo Edge E520 which started life on Win 7. Performance was so bad that I ended up buying an Android Tab for all but my old Legacy programmes some of which keep record back over 20 years. MS Office and Money, Adobe Photoshop, Acrinos, all were expensive essentials and took time to learn. Some are no longer available, many do the job better than any APP. I still do not use any, cloud services and back up monthly. Old habits die hard and I past new tricks.

At last things are now working well.

My PC is running WIN10 and is fast and stable. It still takes a couple of mins to boot up from cold but once up it is like a new PC.

The magic bullet? An EVO 860 mSATA 500GB SSD (was already at the max 8GB RAM).

As it fitted into the empty slot in my E520 installation could not have been easier. All the software Downloads, Magic and Migration worked without a hitch. Quick trip to BIOS to change the boot order and it is like a new machine (better than the original).

I am aware that it should boot faster, but I have cleared out the startup, checked the BIOS, cleared out all the junk, stopped (and started) fast boot but it still takes about 1min 10secs. That's fine as once loaded it is stable and quick for the first time in years. Even better now the old mechanical drive is removed Battery life is over 6 hours. This is at a cost that is at a fraction of a new PC .

:)

cviclark, Aug 10, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 10, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 10, 2018
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Solution to slow Windows at last - Similar Threads - Solution slow last

2. [SOLUTION] Disable Auto-Login of Last User in Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    [SOLUTION] Disable Auto-Login of Last User in Windows 10: For those having the same problem as this post, I have created a simple batch script to automatically edit the registry and its permissions to bring back the ability to choose a user upon startup, so you don't have to manually go to regedit and do the changes.For those who...
  3. [SOLUTION] Disable Auto-Login of Last User in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [SOLUTION] Disable Auto-Login of Last User in Windows 10: For those having the same problem as this post, I have created a simple batch script to automatically edit the registry and its permissions to bring back the ability to choose a user upon startup.For those who want to try, feedback would be great for me to see if my solution...
  4. PC suddenly slow, need a solution

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC suddenly slow, need a solution: So I was recently gone at work and came back to my PC running incredibly slow. So slow it barely is able to run the start up program processes like steam activation etc. I was trying to transfer video from an SD card that I’ve viewed video from and suddenly was unable to open...
  5. A solution to slow Macrium mirror creations

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    A solution to slow Macrium mirror creations: I changed the SATA connections randomly. Full mirror backup with verification of the 31Gb system drive took five minutes and 5 seconds. The compressed file is 20Gb. Previously, it took 18+ minutes for the same operation. Some helpful details. * Write down the devices'...
  6. A solution for a slow laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A solution for a slow laptop: I tried looking for solutions off the internet and asked "Windows Advisors" for help, but they just couldn't do anything and still, I've got the same problem. submitted by /u/mzosz [link] [comments]...
  7. All Solutions to slow internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All Solutions to slow internet: Step 1 ---------------------------- Go down to your search bar and type "cmd" after right click "cmd" and run as"Administrator" Type these commands in. "ipconfig /release" hit enter "ipconfig /renew" hit enter "ipconfig /flush dns" hit enter "netsh winsock reset" hit...
  8. Black Screen after last Windows update. Any solutions?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen after last Windows update. Any solutions?: Black Screen blue's.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-after-last-windows-update-any/bd02ddb8-6629-45ac-bc5c-536a8c1a97e6
  9. slow desktop to Internet solution?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    slow desktop to Internet solution?: Takes quite a while to go from desktop screen to the Internet. Could I just leave the computer on the Internet all the time or would this make the computer more vulnerable to viruses and malware?...
  10. Internet slow after last Windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet slow after last Windows update: I used to have an internet speed of 50Mbps on my wifi in my laptop Acer 5830, Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 PCI-E which has only 2.4Ghz . On the network cable, the speed used to go up to 90Mbps on my internet connection. I can test my internet connection on my phone and it gives...