Windows 10: SOLUTION-Windows Defender will not start if your computer has a second virusprogram...

Discus and support SOLUTION-Windows Defender will not start if your computer has a second virusprogram... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi All, as many others I also had a problem with the WinDef startup. I tried with Microsoft support NULL! So to make it work without the hazzle of... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BusBosse, Jul 23, 2018.

1. BusBosse Win User

SOLUTION-Windows Defender will not start if your computer has a second virusprogram...

Hi All, as many others I also had a problem with the WinDef startup. I tried with Microsoft support NULL!

So to make it work without the hazzle of going through the menu options from time to time I just made a shortcut on the desktop.
    Put it on the desktop just above the start button for convenience. So when I get the warning or when start sequence is complete I just click the shortcut.

Have a good one!

Moved from: Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & personalization /

:)

BusBosse, Jul 23, 2018

2. What the hell, windows defender?

It is true, none my own personal machines have mining apps on them. But as an IT tech/consultant, and the family/friend/neighborhood "go-to" computer guy, I am no stranger to mining and crypto-currancy systems.

My reply was referring to the fact I saw "none" of the issues on any of my systems you had on yours. Neither did any of the users of the dozens of other computers I am responsible for. None that run with alternative anti-malware solutions suddenly had WD enabled after installing those (or any) updates. And some of those users run mining programs. None of the computers had UAC settings changed. None of my computers had my custom settings revert back to the default settings. Nor did I receive any reports from any of my clients, friends, family complaining some Windows Update changed their custom settings back to the defaults. That was my point.

And for the record, while I may not always hear from friends, family, and neighbors, most of my business clients always call us for problems because we are already contractually obligated to support those systems. Full disclosure - none of those contracted systems run mining programs, all run WD or an alternative solution.

I don't think any company, regardless their product or services, should be so harshly bashed for not supporting the extreme 1% fringe portion of their customers - especially when they are erring on the side of increased security.

Absolutely if you have an alternative anti-malware solution installed (and you have not instructed that solution keep Windows Defender active), then Windows should honor your choice and not enable Windows Defender when any new Windows Update is installed. No argument from me on that whatsoever!

BUT, if you disabled Windows Defender and you have no alternative real-time anti-malware solution installed and running, IMO Microsoft is doing the right thing to enable Windows Defender again. Why? Because without some anti-malware solution running, if you connect to a network that has Internet access you are not just a threat to yourself, you are a threat to me, my family and the rest of society too. Whether you choose to believe it or not.

To report any file/program to Microsoft you suspect might be malicious, or that you believe was incorrectly tagged by Windows Defender as malicious, see Submit a file for malware analysis.

Bill_Bright, Oct 14, 2018
  3. SOLUTION-Windows Defender will not start if your computer has a second virusprogram installed - SOLUTION

Hi BusBosse,

Thank you for your insight about the issue. I am hoping that many will be helped by this solution.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Oct 14, 2018
  4. BusBosse Win User

SOLUTION-Windows Defender will not start if your computer has a second virusprogram...

SOLUTION-Windows Defender will not start if your computer has a second virusprogram installed - SOLUTION

Hi All, as many others I also had a problem with the WinDef startup. I tried with Microsoft support NULL!

So to make it work without the hazzle of going through the menu options from time to time I just made a shortcut on the desktop.

Put it on the desktop just above the start button for convenience. So when I get the warning or when start sequence is complete I just click the shortcut.

Have a good one!

Moved from: Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & personalization /

BusBosse, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

1. SOLUTION-Windows Defender will not start if your computer has a second virusprogram... - Similar Threads - SOLUTION Defender start

2. windows defender has blocked your PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows defender has blocked your PC: Got a screen pop up that says windows defender has blocked your pc please call support1-888-630-1823. PC is locked up can't type in anything or use the mouse. Can we just turn off the pc?...
  3. windows defender has blocked your PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows defender has blocked your PC: Got a screen pop up that says windows defender has blocked your pc please call support1-888-630-1823. PC is locked up can't type in anything or use the mouse. Can we just turn off the pc?...
  4. Windows Defender - Your IT administrator has limited access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender - Your IT administrator has limited access: I have reset Windows, start with clean HD. Did the basic set up and still get the same message in Windows Defender when trying to access Virus & threat protection,, action recommended. There is no 3rd party antivirus and no school accounts. User account is an Administrator,...
  5. Windows Defender - Your IT administrator has limited access

Windows Defender - Your IT administrator has limited access: I have reset Windows, start with clean HD. Did the basic set up and still get the same message in Windows Defender when trying to access Virus & threat protection,, action recommended. There is no 3rd party antivirus and no school accounts. User account is an Administrator,...
  6. Second Monitor has problem starting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Monitor has problem starting: Hello guys!Wish you guys have a good day!I have a main monitor, and several others connected through an 8-port hdmi splitterAll of sudden, my windows desktop can not detect the second monitors, even though the hdmi port is still working. The second monitor is sometimes on,...
  7. Second Monitor has problem starting

Second Monitor has problem starting: Hello guys!Wish you guys have a good day!I have a main monitor, and several others connected through an 8-port hdmi splitterAll of sudden, my windows desktop can not detect the second monitors, even though the hdmi port is still working. The second monitor is sometimes on,...
  8. SOLUTION-Windows Defender will not start if your computer has a second virusprogram...

in Windows 10 Customization
    SOLUTION-Windows Defender will not start if your computer has a second virusprogram...: Hi All, as many others I also had a problem with the WinDef startup. I tried with Microsoft support NULL! So to make it work without the hazzle of going through the menu options from time to time I just made a shortcut on the desktop. Put it on the desktop just above the...
  9. windows defender will not delete - solution to problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows defender will not delete - solution to problem: If you want to delete windows defender and have been unable to: 1. find windows defender folder in Programs 2. right click and send to zipped file 3. send to desktop 4. save for later use or delete 80318
  10. Starting computer and Defender update

in Windows 10 Support
    Starting computer and Defender update: Hello,Recently two problems 'arrived'.1. On starting the computer, after desktop and all icons and system loaded, get a message about "Class not registered", as on attached screenshot. I click on ok, it gone, and everything is fine.2. Updating definitions in windows defender:...