Windows 10: Solve Backup Error

Discus and support Solve Backup Error in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Using Backup & Restore, this is the third night I got backup errors (red X), but the first time I saw the message. "Backup failed on shadow copy on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by BellaDonna, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Solve Backup Error

Using Backup & Restore, this is the third night I got backup errors (red X), but the first time I saw the message.

"Backup failed on shadow copy on source volume got deleted. Might be caused by high write activity on the volume.
    retry backup.. Consider increasing shadow copy storage using VSSADMIN resize shadow storage command.
    Error code 0x80780169."

Retrying will be futile. Somebody suggested increasing the volume to 15%. There is very little information online.
    Any suggestions? Should I increase the volume? I have never gotten this message in the years that I have been using Backup & Restore.

I am just supposed to be backing up my files; not creating an image, unless it copies to the disk regardless of what I choose to send to external drive.

In Event Viewer there were at least a half-dozen messages that the oldest volume was deleted. According to "Manage your space," I think I have one image on the drive and another image in backup, but I don't know if I can trust the info.

Thank you.

:)

BellaDonna, Sep 28, 2016

2. How do I solve error code 0x800700E1 backup failure?

error code 0x800700E1 backup failure. How to remedy

FrederickParker, Sep 28, 2016
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Sep 28, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Solve Backup Error

Hi, it's great you maintain images. This won't be the response you may be hoping for, but may point you to something better.

A number here have experienced problems with Backup and Restore and not found solutions. Instead, turn to a 3rd party solution such as Macrium Reflect (free) or maybe Veeam Endpoint if you prefer a simpler GUI.

These are more robust, updated, and supported, and more feature rich and flexible. Hopefully too you get more comprehensible error messages! Macrium certainly has an active forum and good help and explanatory videos.

For file backup, you might consider using Windows File History; some of these 3rd party programs also support file backup.

dalchina, Sep 28, 2016
  5. You are absolutely right. I still want an answer.
    This time w/Win10, I have been backing up my backups. I am using several programs other than Backup and Restore. As my trial with Macrium ended in disaster, I am using Acronis 2017.

Thank you.

BellaDonna, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Solve Backup Error

1. Solve Backup Error - Similar Threads - Solve Backup Error

2. solve this error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    solve this error: who do solve this error? Script:C:\Users\Asus\AppData\Local\CDContent\ytcheckts.vbsLine:41Char: 5Error: 7,22:Userld:AsusCode: 80070057Source: null https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/solve-this-error/3cd7f5e9-4bfb-4228-b728-3e51f31169ee
  3. solve this error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    solve this error: who do solve this error? Script:C:\Users\Asus\AppData\Local\CDContent\ytcheckts.vbsLine:41Char: 5Error: 7,22:Userld:AsusCode: 80070057Source: null https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/solve-this-error/3cd7f5e9-4bfb-4228-b728-3e51f31169ee
  4. Backup Errors

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup Errors: Consistently get the following after each automatic backup: Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\OneDrive. Error:STATUS_WAIT_2 0x80070002 Backup encountered a problem while backing up file...
  5. [Solved] Double backup, origin of 2nd unkown.

[Solved] Double backup, origin of 2nd unkown.: So I'm running win 10 and have File History set up on an external drive because everybody needs a backup. What I don't need is two. I'm reasonably computer savvy, so I tried figuring it out, did some googling, but nothing has led me to a solution. The problem is this: File...
  6. ERROR SOLVING

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ERROR SOLVING: I opened word and I got the error message 0xc0000142 I'm on Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/error-solving/17fa3bf8-52f5-42c6-86c2-99ce7ac25908
  7. Backup errors

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup errors: Hi I tried to backup my Dell Latitude E6510 which runs W10 (32 bit) on an external 500Gbyte hard disk. First time I got an error code OX80780049 - tried a second time and got error code OX800706BA Any idea why? What to try next? Thanks for any help. Peter 117829
  8. Backup error

Backup error: Good morning, For the last 2 weekend I'm unable to backup my computer, I get an error code 0x80070013. My last valide restaure date is from June 6 to July 8 2018. Can you help ?...
  9. Backup errors

Backup errors: I have been using Windows 7 backup system to backup Windows 10 without difficulty until installing the anniversary update. Since then I have received these errors after doing the backup. Backup encountered a problem while backing up file...
  10. Backup error

Backup error: Hi folks, back again. I've just realised that backup to my external hard drive (Freecom HDD) hasn't worked since I upgraded to 10. It is shown on my list of drives but when run backup I get the following error message 'Task object version is either unsupported or invalid...