Windows 10: (SOLVED) Black Screen After Graphics Driver Update

Discus and support (SOLVED) Black Screen After Graphics Driver Update in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Greetings, everyone. I've been experiencing framerate problems with my PC so I decided to downgrade by graphics drivers(Nvidia) to 359.06, while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Fir, Apr 24, 2017.

1. FIR
    Fir Win User

(SOLVED) Black Screen After Graphics Driver Update

Greetings, everyone. I've been experiencing framerate problems with my PC so I decided to downgrade by graphics drivers(Nvidia) to 359.06, while installing my monitor suddenly bluescreened. I'm not talking about a BSOD by the way, my system is hooked up to a TV and my TV bluescreened and my manufacturer's logo is on the screen. At st I thought this was normal as this happened when I installed graphics updates, but it was taking very long to go away, so I restarted my computer. While it was booting my computer would keep changing resolutions from 1024x768, 720x400, 640x480 and the refresh rate was also messed up going from 60Hz to 70Hz. After the BIOS screen loaded, I would see the Windows 10 logo, and then after that, Blue Screen with the tv's logo moving around the screen. I would appreciate your assistance.

:)

2. tugabat Win User

DISPLAY BLACK PROBLEM

automatic windows update after my desktop have screen black problem. recommended screen resolution is 1366*768 graphics looks normally but screen black problem ! If change the screen resolution screen black problem solved but program applications icon graphic
    not good pixel how to fix it ?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup

tugabat, Apr 24, 2017
  3. saucylegs Win User
    Black screen, cannot get into computer

Update: after reinstalling the graphics card driver, I was able to get to the log in screen. However, after logging in, I was met with another black screen.

saucylegs, Apr 24, 2017
  4. (SOLVED) Black Screen After Graphics Driver Update

Have you tried onboard graphics? Also if you have another PC, try that graphics card on the other one.

RoasterMen, Apr 25, 2017
  5. JSheridan Win User
    Or try a PC monitor if you have one. The computer might be trying to display a format that the TV doesn't support.

JSheridan, Apr 25, 2017
  6. FIR
    Fir Win User
    I have tried that before, all I got was a blackscreen.

7. FIR
    Fir Win User
    I don't know how to do that, also I don't have another PC.

8. FIR
    Fir Win User

Okay I have more to say. I turned on my computer and it worked fine. Tonight I tried turning on my computer, I tried to access my BIOS settings and pressed my DEL key too late and I pressed while Windows was loading, for some reason because of this, Windows loaded with 1280x960 instead of 1360x768, I restarted my computer and got a BSOD. It says SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION nvlddmkm.sys. I restarted again and I experience the bluescreen with my TV again.

9. clam1952 Win User
    359.06 is a very old driver and I seem to remember caused a few problems around Christmas 2015. Suggest use a more up to date driver.

Just checked on Nvidia Forums, buggy driver.

clam1952, Apr 25, 2017
  10. FIR
    Fir Win User
    Thanks for everyone who helped, but I finally fixed it. I couldn't get same mode to work by pressing F8 so I rebooted my PC 3 times and got to troubleshooting mode, I enabled safe mode through there, and my computer finally booted atleast properly. I still have 381.06 so I reinstalled it, restarted my PC and it worked while getting a 50-60+ fps boost in my game. Finally I fixed it.

Thema:

1. (SOLVED) Black Screen After Graphics Driver Update - Similar Threads - SOLVED Black Screen

2. Windows turned to black screen with cursor after graphic driver update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows turned to black screen with cursor after graphic driver update: Currently posting from a phone. Even when I do ctrl shift win b, nothing happens. I downloaded the graphic card driver update directly from GeForce Experience,and this never happened before. Can anyone please help me solve it?...
  3. Black screen during graphic driver update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen during graphic driver update: So I am using CCleaner to update my drivers and then I made it on for graphics and then I got a black screen. It's been hours. I tried doing the methods like Windows Key + Ctrl + Shift + B and Win Key + X but none of them worked. I also can't see my cursor. I'm scared to turn...
  4. Black screen during graphic driver update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen during graphic driver update: So I am using CCleaner to update my drivers and then I made it on for graphics and then I got a black screen. It's been hours. I tried doing the methods like Windows Key + Ctrl + Shift + B and Win Key + X but none of them worked. I also can't see my cursor. I'm scared to turn...
  5. Black screen during graphic driver update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Windows 10 Black Screen after updating graphics drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Black Screen after updating graphics drivers: Yesterday, I decided to update my graphics drivers. When the update was complete, the installer said that a restart of the computer was required. After I did that, my computer will refuse to boot. I am stuck on a black screen without a cursor. I can toggle caps lock, num...
  7. Windows 10 Black Screen after updating graphics drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Black Screen after updating graphics drivers: Yesterday, I decided to update my graphics drivers. When the update was complete, the installer said that a restart of the computer was required. After I did that, my computer will refuse to boot. I am stuck on a black screen without a cursor. I can toggle caps lock, num...
  8. Windows 10 Black Screen after updating graphics drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Graphics driver update... Black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Graphics driver update... Black screen: Hey allI have an AMD RX580 8GB and have just downloaded the latest drivers through the radeon app. The update needed me to restart the PC however the PC failed to restart and has left me with a blank screen. I have tried turning it on and off numerous times however this...
  10. Screen turns black after updating graphics card driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen turns black after updating graphics card driver: Hello there. I have been experiencing the following issue: on January 15th my screen suddenly turned black. I tried the combination windows+ctrl+shift+b - no response. I deinstalled some drivers - nothing. Since my computer is only for gaming, I decided to reinstall Windows...