Windows 10: SOLVED-Blank screen after reset windows 10

Discus and support SOLVED-Blank screen after reset windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I started doing a full clean reset of windows 10 about 30+hours ago and all I have is my monitor lights blinking as if the computer is turned off but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Causticflamingo, Apr 18, 2016.

1. SOLVED-Blank screen after reset windows 10

I started doing a full clean reset of windows 10 about 30+hours ago and all I have is my monitor lights blinking as if the computer is turned off but the computer is running. I have a 2tb external connected could that be why its taking so long or is this not a normal thing, please any help would be greatly appreciated as I am worried something is messed up.

:)

Causticflamingo, Apr 18, 2016

2. Microsoft edge starts but gets stuck with blue screen

MS Edge used to work fine when windows 10 was installed. Of late it has stopped working. After clicking on a link or the desktop icon edge starts but stops on a blank blue screen. There is no menu visible even to get into settings to refresh/ reset.

Please suggest how to solve.

SanjayGolchha, Apr 18, 2016
  3. Blank Screen with cursor during installation, Computer is now useless

Never-mind. Problem Solved. After the blank screen appeared, I waited an additional 45 minutes before doing anything to allow the Windows 10 to finish loading, just in case it was still in progress.

Then I tried addressing to the blank screen. Nothing seemed to work. In frustration I tried rebooting several times in succession. The windows recovery screen appeared. The message indicated that Windows 10 was having trouble starting.
    I had been using an older display monitor from 2008 (1650x1050) At this point I tried using a newer Full HD display monitor and reset the computer. Fortunately, Windows 10 was then able to start.

Thanks.

Vince747RM, Apr 18, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

SOLVED-Blank screen after reset windows 10

Hello *Smile

It is not normal to be taking 30+ hours. Do you have a light that indicates hard disk activity and is it flashing?

If not I would suspect the system has frozen and so you will need to turn it off, remove the plug, wait for a minute or two and see what happens when you reconnect the power and start up.

philc43, Apr 18, 2016
  5. The light on my external 2tb hdd is on if that is what you're asking? (The light is on solid no blinking)

6. philc43 Win User
    No I was asking about the light that is sometimes present on a desktop or laptop for the built in hard disk.

philc43, Apr 18, 2016
  7. im not seeing any lights so i will try what you said about turning it off. Thank you for the quick responses!

8. SOLVED-Blank screen after reset windows 10

Some folks have reported on other forums that having external WD drives plugged in during boot causes problems.

I have not noticed that with mine, but then, I have not enabled the WD encryption features on mine.

You might try disconnecting the external drive and see if that makes any difference.

Good Luck

Mark Phelps, Apr 19, 2016
  9. Thanks I tried doingg what philc43 said and it seems like everything is working fine.

Causticflamingo, Apr 19, 2016
  10. philc43 Win User
    Glad to hear you have everything working again. Have a look through some of the tutorials on this site to learn more about W10 and it's various features and options.

philc43, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

SOLVED-Blank screen after reset windows 10

1. SOLVED-Blank screen after reset windows 10 - Similar Threads - SOLVED Blank screen

2. After Reset of PC Windows security is showing blank screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Reset of PC Windows security is showing blank screen: i tried reset and repair of windows security applicationand some terminal commands https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-reset-of-pc-windows-security-is-showing/4b46ebf7-a93e-41a8-a3d6-81ded1d4db20
  3. After Reset of PC Windows security is showing blank screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After Reset of PC Windows security is showing blank screen: i tried reset and repair of windows security applicationand some terminal commands https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-reset-of-pc-windows-security-is-showing/4b46ebf7-a93e-41a8-a3d6-81ded1d4db20
  4. Blank Screen After Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank Screen After Windows 10 update: Hello, I'm facing a problem with my laptop dell xps 13, where there is a blank screen after singing in, this happened immediately after I updated the system. I went into Microsoft support page...
  5. Blank screen after logging in to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank screen after logging in to Windows 10: I updated my PC this morning to the latest version, but I get a blank screen once I log in. The screen is blank with the cursor; Problem solving methods; .- PC restarted .- The video configuration in BIOS was modified to IGD .- Safe Mode Tried every troubleshooting I could...
  6. Blank screen after logging in to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank screen after logging in to Windows 10: I updated my PC this morning to the latest version, but I get a blank screen once I log in. The screen is blank with the cursor; Problem solving methods; .- PC restarted .- The video configuration in BIOS was modified to IGD .- Safe Mode Tried every troubleshooting I could...
  7. Blank screen after logging in to Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Blank Screen after Restore Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blank Screen after Restore Windows 10: So I was having problems with my laptop and did a System Restore to nearly a month ago when a critial update took place. Maybe 2-3 hours it took then I was met with a blank screen and only the cursor swapping to the timer every few seconds. I reset it today and met with the...
  9. SOLVED-Blank screen after reset windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    SOLVED-Blank screen after reset windows 10: I started doing a full clean reset of windows 10 about 30+hours ago and all I have is my monitor lights blinking as if the computer is turned off but the computer is running. I have a 2tb external connected could that be why its taking so long or is this not a normal thing,...
  10. reset now blank screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reset now blank screen: i reset my pc now the i get a black screen. thanks when you reset ease of access turns of the background under (make computer easier to read),make sure remove background images is box is clear 59252

Users found this page by searching for:

1. blank screen after reset windows 10

2. resetting windows 10 blank screen

3. windows 10 reset blank screen