Windows 10: SOLVED! Build 10122, AMD HD6970 issues with drivers or broken card? :(

Discus and support SOLVED! Build 10122, AMD HD6970 issues with drivers or broken card? :( in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey hou. Ill give it a shot. First at 99xx build I put up, I started to have random screen blackouts after a 3minutes to 3hours (either on windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by batlhilz, May 26, 2015.

1. batlhilz Win User

SOLVED! Build 10122, AMD HD6970 issues with drivers or broken card? :(

Hey hou. Ill give it a shot.

First at 99xx build I put up, I started to have random screen blackouts after a 3minutes to 3hours (either on windows desktop, on bootup or ingame). Now Ive searched through a some posts and forums where this problem has been going on.

Im quite sure that I had all the WU stuff updated back then, but I still had it 2 pretty fast blackouts with 10122 build with AMD, so I went back to NVidia GTX 550 and havent had problems now.

Is there any suggestions, how to fix that AMD blackouts? Im hoping that my card isnt broken cause it "suddenly" started doing this on Windows 10 and I cba to go back to 8.1 cause I love Win10.

Tried to check the forums for a sameish thread but I couldnt find any. WTB help, offering cookies and coffee.
    Thanks in advance.

:)

batlhilz, May 26, 2015

2. Driver / gpu issue / game bugs

Hi elfenliedtopfan5,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 Technical Preview is much appreciated.

Since Windows 10 Technical Preview is still in development stage (testing environment), certain features might not work in the usual manner. Hence you may face some issue with Windows 10.We are looking forward to improve it.

Which build you are in?

In build 10122, we had known issue related to AMD Drivers. Check the below blog:

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10122 for PCs - Windows Experience Blog

I would suggest you to install the latest build 10130 and check for the issue. Refer the below blog:

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10130 for PCs - Windows Experience Blog

For any Windows related assistance in the future, feel free to contact us and we will be glad to help.

Annu Singh, May 26, 2015
  3. Lowell971 Win User
    How to download build 10122 to Windows 10

I am trying to download build 10122 to fix blurry text issue.

Lowell971, May 26, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

Did you download the updated drivers from Windows Update?

Mystere, May 26, 2015
  5. batlhilz Win User
    yeah had them all done. actually im now going to remove all the drivers with DDU and put the radeon back in since im running with 10125. so thumbs up and lets see how it goes.

batlhilz, May 26, 2015
  6. batlhilz Win User
    yeah had them all done. actually im now going to remove all the drivers with DDU and put the radeon back in since im running with 10125. so thumbs up and lets see how it goes.

edit - looks like i didnt post this yet but here i am, with the Radeon 6970HD now - havent yet installed any drivers and it shows microsoft basic display adapter. WU shows no updates at all.

batlhilz, May 26, 2015
  7. Even with the updated drivers members with AMD graphics still have issues, so you're not alone.

I was able to install the 14-12 drivers and things are working well.
    Download the package from AMD and extract the files (I use 7-zip). Then update driver from Dev mgr - browse my computer and point to the files in the folder created when you extracted the package - select the sub-folders check box. I don't remember if I had to restart, but if you don't see a change - give that a shot.

If 10125 helps let everyone know that too *Wink

Slartybart, May 26, 2015
  8. batlhilz Win User

ok so. this is what Ive done now (removing drivers in safe mode ofc):
    a) removed integrated graphics drivers with DDU (Intel)
    b) removed nvidia drivers with DDU
    c) removed AMD drivers with ddu
    d) installed as slarty said - 14.12 version through device manager, was ok for a minute, then freeze my computer (only mouse worked) and i had to force reboot (didnt require reboot after installation)
    e) issue / problem is now 15% overscan, that I have to install Catalyst control center (or some other comparable) to make the fullscreen working, 4minutes now up and running with only spartan up

let us have more problems by installing CCC now

batlhilz, May 26, 2015
  9. batlhilz Win User
    installed also now
    D:\Temp\AMD 14-12\AMD-Catalyst-Omega-14.12-Without-DOTNet45-Win8.1-64bit\Packages\Apps\CCC2\Core-Static-Net4\ccc-core-static.exe (which only installs the CCC without any addons or so).

driving it now without autolaunch option and gonna play some games

edit - that fun didnt last more than 14minutes on Diablo3, singleplayer mode with all the juicy effects on *Sad I was even using audio device G930 instead of HDMI -sound

batlhilz, May 26, 2015
  10. batlhilz Win User
    minitoolbox says (list devices -> problems only) only thing regarding the display/s (check the list below). anyone else noted this sort of problem? also speccy says right after the boot GPU was @ 45celsius so its not overheating.

~

Name: Generic PnP Monitor
    Description: Generic PnP Monitor
    Class Guid: {4d36e96e-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
    Manufacturer: (Standard monitor types)
    Service: monitor
    Device ID: DISPLAY\GSM7666\5&F70C38D&2&UID0
    Problem: : Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45).
    Resolution: The device is not present or was previously attached to the computer.
    To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer.
    If Device Manager is started with the environment variable DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES set to 1 (which means show these devices), then any previously attached (NONPRESENT) devices are displayed in the device list and assigned this error code.

batlhilz, May 26, 2015
  11. Ok, good luck

Are you on 10_125 ?
    It sounds as though you have dual GFX cards
    a) removed integrated graphics drivers with DDU (Intel)
    b) removed nvidia drivers with DDU
    c) removed AMD drivers with ddu

And you're choosing NVidia or AMD as the conditions dictate.

As I read your last post, the integrated gfx is uninstalled (DDU) and you were able to install the AMD 14-12 driver (followed by installing CCC, sans .NET4.5, normally)

There have been reports of issues re: dual GFX cards. I don't recall if anyone found a good solution. If you decide you want to try using the integrated card (switchable graphics?) with either the NVidia or AMD card and that causes issues, at least you have a workaround.

Keep members updated on your testing - thanks.

Slartybart, May 26, 2015
  12. batlhilz Win User
    yes. im on 10125. im not running AMD and Nvidia with side by side, just separately. now im good with these drivers (when on desktop). playing netflix now with some other videos to try see if its on rendering error or directx11 error or something like that.

any suggestion about .NET framework versions or so? I need to check out the dxdiagnostics too, forgot that side also

edit - uhm, dxdiagnostics shows "directx12" as a version and anything less than 7xxx series wont support it. now to check how to downgrade that. this actually shares some light in the tunnel, cause now the desktop is stabile with videos up and running and it only crashes when gaming with directx 9.0 or 11.0 in the game settings

batlhilz, May 26, 2015
  13. SOLVED! Build 10122, AMD HD6970 issues with drivers or broken card? :(

hmmm, is there an .inf file for the monitor? (LG 32" TV)
    Probably not, but if there is, try try clicking and select install.

The minitoolbox output is missing *Wink

I'm not sure what Speccy means here: Enabled, primary, unsafe

To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer.
    Did you?

In Dev mgr, try uninstalling any ghost entries (nonpresent devices)

I'll catch up to your other posts in a minute

+edit
    .NET 4.6 is all you need even though some installers complain (AutoCAD won't install - says it needs 4.5).
    You cannot put previous versions of .NET on the machine with Win10 installed.

dxdiag might give a nugget of information that gets you closer to a resolution, but in the end it might not be worth too much time in a preview release. Do, however, provide MS feedback on the issues encountered on your machine,-edit

Slartybart, May 26, 2015
  14. There is a beta driver for AMD ... current beta is 15-4 - I think the WU version is 15-2 or 15-3. Worth a shot?

Slartybart, May 26, 2015
  15. batlhilz Win User
    yeah im gonna upgrade to 15-4 today, now im just trying to crash this desktop-mode with everything in my power *Smile WU doesnt show any upgrade options to me even im on 14-12

batlhilz, May 26, 2015
Thema:

1. SOLVED! Build 10122, AMD HD6970 issues with drivers or broken card? :( - Similar Threads - SOLVED Build 10122

2. AMD driver issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD driver issue: So if any other users have had this issue but windows 11 and 10 do this i went back to windows 10 to see if it fixed it but nope but it just started for a month ago and now its sticking around so if you install AMD drivers new windows will roll back to a older one no matter...
  3. AMD driver issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AMD driver issue: So if any other users have had this issue but windows 11 and 10 do this i went back to windows 10 to see if it fixed it but nope but it just started for a month ago and now its sticking around so if you install AMD drivers new windows will roll back to a older one no matter...
  4. AMD Driver Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD Driver Issue: Hi!I have Dell Inspiron 15 3541 Series With AMD Radeon R2 Graphics Driver. I faced a issue that my cursor jumps and lag alot when I Move the cursor it stops at a place and jumps somewhere else. So, When I deleted my AMD Graphics Card the problem was solved but I cannot use My...
  5. Build 10122 and bitdefender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Build 10122 and bitdefender: Don't try installing bitdefender on build 10122 unless you're very familiar with using safe mode. You'll get the frowny BSOD screen to greet you and a non booting machine..... 6195
  6. since build 10122

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    since build 10122: Ever since build 10122 installed, my PC has been going round and round "Checking for updates." It goes on for hours and hours. It finally ends with " There were some problems installing updates. We'll try again later. error (0x800705b4) This has been going on for a week or...
  7. Build 10122 - Activation required or not

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Build 10122 - Activation required or not: Hi there So far I haven't had any requests for activation on build 10122 - however if you look in control panell ===>system you'll see under Windows activation that the Product ID is not available. Will this version require activation (previous builds did) and if so...
  8. AMD GPU Driver Update for Build 10122

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    AMD GPU Driver Update for Build 10122: Updated driver availability for AMD GPU's for Build 10122 was announced about 24 hours ago by Gabe Aul and we are to get it through Windows Update. I have a laptop with 10122 and fast build selected. I have asked to "Check for Update" over a dozen times and it is not found....
  9. New Build 10122 coming today!

in Windows 10 News
    New Build 10122 coming today!: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date
  10. AMD released new drivers which should work with Windows 10 build 10122

in Windows 10 News
    AMD released new drivers which should work with Windows 10 build 10122: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date 6284