Windows 10: [SOLVED] Can't login, keyboard keeps spamming

Discus and support [SOLVED] Can't login, keyboard keeps spamming in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone, My laptop just asked to restart to install a system update Windows 10, but after it was done installing I'm having trouble signing in.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Schwabber, May 6, 2017.

1. Schwabber Win User

[SOLVED] Can't login, keyboard keeps spamming

Hi everyone,

My laptop just asked to restart to install a system update Windows 10, but after it was done installing I'm having trouble signing in.

PROBLEM:

First of all, the cooler is going like crazy, constantly. Secondly, and this is the real problem, the keyboard is spamming /////// at a quick and constant pace. This makes it impossible for me to login.

ATTEMPTS AT SOLUTION:

I've tried quite a few things. My first reaction was to plug in an external keyboard, but it keeps spamming ///// into the login field. I can type various things, but not quickly enough to login.

My second try was to try and use system restoration, but that apparently also requires logging in, which of course isn't possible.

My last try was to try and open the Ease of Access menu to open the on-screen keyboard using the button in the bottom right of the login screen, but when I press it using the mouse or switching to it using TAB on my external keyboard, nothing happens, so that's out of the question too.

CONCLUSION:

I have no idea if the update did this or if it's a hardware error. The last thing I can think of trying is taking apart the laptop and unplugging the keyboard from the motherboard and see if that does something, but it's a lot of work and doesn't seem like a viable long-term solution.

A long time ago (maybe 1½ or 2 years) someone spilled a bit of water into the laptop so it wouldn't turn on. I took it apart and dried it off and let the moisture dry. After that it has worked with no issues whatsoever, so I don't think this is the problem.

The laptop is an older HP Pavilion model (4 years old, approximately) which originally came with Windows 8. It was later upgraded to Windows 10.

Anyone have any possible solutions to this? It would be greatly appreciated!

:)

Schwabber, May 6, 2017

2. Is There a Way To Bypass Signing In?

My laptops internal keyboard is completely broken and keeps spamming the number 7 and so my USB keyboard can't type. I need to have access to the OS to disable the internal keyboard and I can't sign in to do that. I'm freaking out because I'm worried I
    bricked my laptop and I don't have the money for a new one.

Steve Lee28, May 6, 2017
  3. Jane Lla Win User
    Built in laptop keyboard keeps spamming.

Hello Zach,

Based on the details you've indicated in your post, best to check for any dust build-up in your laptop keyboard. Also, as you've confirmed to have a history of possible hardware issue, you may try to disable the said keyboard through the Registry. To perform
    the registry edit, please post your concern in our
    TechNet forum
    for further assistance.

Moreover, I would suggest to visit your local technician to check and sort possible hardware issue.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Regards.

If you think this was useful, feel free to mark it as answer to help those who are facing the same problem.

Jane Lla, May 6, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, May 6, 2017
  5. Schwabber Win User
    I don't have any, so I wouldn't know. I suppose I could make one if I have a USB drive large enough. What would that do, exactly?

Schwabber, May 6, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Insert flash drive in a Windows 7/8/10 computer.
    Open a Command Prompt (Admin) [or "run as administrator" Command Prompt]
    In the Command Prompt Window run the following commands:
    diskpart
    list disk
    select disk # <- replace # with the number of the USB flash drive from the list. MAKE SURE IT IS CORRECT!
    clean <- THIS WILL ERASE THE DRIVE SELECTED ABOVE!
    create part pri
    select part 1
    format fs=fat32 quick
    active
    exit
    exit

Download Kyhi's recovery tools ISO file. It is more than likely going to be the 64-bit that you need. Mount the ISO file. Windows 8 and Windows 10 will mount ISO files by right clicking on them and selecting Mount. Windows 7 requires a program like WinCDEmu:
    WinCDEmu - Download

Copy all of the files and folders from the mounted ISO file to the USB flash drive. You know have a recovery flash drive that will boot in either a UEFI or legacy BIOS computer. Boot the troubled computer from the flash drive. If everything is normal, then your problem is the Windows 10 on the computer. If you have the same problem, then it is a hardware problem.

If everything is normal in the recovery drive, then I would enable safe mode on the troubled computer using option 3:
    Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10 - Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

and try booting the troubled computer into safe mode.

NavyLCDR, May 6, 2017
  7. Schwabber Win User
    Alright, so I did that and here's the update:

The laptop is indeed still doing the same thing, although now it's spammin ***** instead. I'm noticing that //// and **** are right next to each other on the num pad, so perhaps it's the numpad that is done for.
    Also the left click button on the laptop isn't working either. The laptop continues to fire on all cylinders when it comes to the fan, and the left side of the laptop (where the fan is located) is developing excessive heat. The table it's standing on is uncomfortably hot from the laptop standing on it, and i'm getting whifs of warm plastic smell.

So, I'm guessing it's a hardware error? It just seems weird to come out of nowhere at the exact moment that the computer was updated. What are my options at this point? Is it likely that I can somehow fix this problem, perhaps by disabling the numpad?

Schwabber, May 6, 2017
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

I would completely disassemble it and start looking for physical signs of hardware failure and also start looking for a replacement.

NavyLCDR, May 6, 2017
  9. Schwabber Win User
    I'm not hugely technical when it comes to hardware, so I'm not completely sure what to look for. I think my prowess goes no further than perhaps jerking around the flat cable connecting the keyboard to the motherboard to see if that does anything.

Replacing it is really out of the question as I have no money and no job, so I have to make it work somehow.

Schwabber, May 6, 2017
  10. Schwabber Win User
    Okay, so I managed to solve the problem!
    Or rather, I didn't solve anything as I still don't know what caused it, but I took the laptop completely apart and reassembled it, and now it works. The hard way of "turning it off and on again".

Thanks for all your help NavyLCDR!

Schwabber, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. [SOLVED] Can't login, keyboard keeps spamming - Similar Threads - SOLVED Can't login

2. My keyboard keeps spamming the L blulttlonl STOP. OK. IT KEEPS SPAMMING THE L BUTTON. HELP.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard keeps spamming the L blulttlonl STOP. OK. IT KEEPS SPAMMING THE L BUTTON. HELP.: My keyboard just started randomly spamming L and so i figured there was just something inside of it pressing it down, so i took off the key piece and cleaned under it. it didn't work. i tried to restart the computer, it didnt fix anything. i went to device manager and...
  3. My keyboard keeps spamming the L blulttlonl STOP. OK. IT KEEPS SPAMMING THE L BUTTON. HELP.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My keyboard keeps spamming the L blulttlonl STOP. OK. IT KEEPS SPAMMING THE L BUTTON. HELP.: My keyboard just started randomly spamming L and so i figured there was just something inside of it pressing it down, so i took off the key piece and cleaned under it. it didn't work. i tried to restart the computer, it didnt fix anything. i went to device manager and...
  4. My keyboard keeps spamming the L blulttlonl STOP. OK. IT KEEPS SPAMMING THE L BUTTON. HELP.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My keyboard keeps spamming random keys

My keyboard keeps spamming random keys: My keyboard on my windows 10 keeps spamming keys. It first started spamming "j" and then it started spamming "0" and "8" I thought because I accidentally got water on it so I dried it off and it won't work, so I've been trying different solutions along with buying a new...
  6. My keyboard keeps spamming random keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    My keyboard keeps spamming random keys: My keyboard on my windows 10 keeps spamming keys. It first started spamming "j" and then it started spamming "0" and "8" I thought because I accidentally got water on it so I dried it off and it won't work, so I've been trying different solutions along with buying a new...
  7. My keyboard keeps spamming random keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. my keyboard keeps spamming - button

my keyboard keeps spamming - button: And when I check keyboard tester it shows that the button - is spamming in the num pad but my laptop doesn’t actually have num pad and I don’t use external keyboard with num pad...
  9. my keyboard keeps spamming - button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my keyboard keeps spamming - button: And when I check keyboard tester it shows that the button - is spamming in the num pad but my laptop doesn’t actually have num pad and I don’t use external keyboard with num pad...
  10. SPAM subscriptions can't be blocked: they keep reappearing

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    SPAM subscriptions can't be blocked: they keep reappearing: I was part of the Equifax breach, Blue cross/blue shield breach, AVAST! breach, and Drop box breach. Wowzer what is with these companies who don't take security serious until they get hit? Got that off my chest!! but seriously they got my email and some of my former...