Windows 10: Solved: Can't see other computers in Workgroup on Windows 10

Discus and support Solved: Can't see other computers in Workgroup on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm finding Windows 10 enjoyable and pleasant for the most part. Unfortunately, some things that are easy to find or to do (probably due... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by keseyken, Jun 24, 2015.

1. keseyken Win User

Solved: Can't see other computers in Workgroup on Windows 10

Hi all,

I'm finding Windows 10 enjoyable and pleasant for the most part.

Unfortunately, some things that are easy to find or to do (probably due to years of experience) in Windows 7 and 8/8.1 are not easy to find, assuming they exist at all, in Windows 10 build 10130. For instance, I've looked high and low for "Change PC Settings" and it is like the proverbial needle in the haystack.

My present problem is that I can't see other computers in my network/workgroup. They are visible to my Windows 7 and 8.1 computers. My network is set to private in Windows 10. Find devices is set to on.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks,

I note that I can ping all my devices, Squeezeboxes, WDMycloud hard disk, chromecast, computers etc., and the squeezeboxes, Logitech Media Server , WDMYcloud and Chromecast are showing up as devices.

:)

keseyken, Jun 24, 2015
  2. Louie Del Win User

Can't see other computers in workgroup anymore

Hi Johann,

There are several reasons why you're having this issue. This can be related to a software conflict or a corrupted system files after the update process. To isolate your concern, you may use the following methods:

Method 1: Start your PC in safe mode. This will help detect if there are any third-party
    applications that may cause the issue.

Method 2: Run the System File Checker tool. This
    tool will allow you to scan for any corruption in Windows system files and restore it at the same time.

Let us know if the provided methods work for you.

Louie Del, Jun 24, 2015
  3. Can't see other computers in workgroup anymore

Hi

I can't see other computers in workgroup anymore, but they can see and access me.

Network discovery and File sharing are enabled.

I have tried two different routers.

Internet works fine.

I have not installed anything lately other than the automatic updates.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Johann

Johann Tietjen, Jun 24, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

There's a Settings icon in the start menu, just about the All Apps button and Power Buttons. This is the same as "Change PC Settings" in Windows 8.x

Mystere, Jun 24, 2015
  5. keseyken Win User
    Thanks Mystere.

On going into "Change advanced sharing settings"

Private (current profile)
    "Turn on network discovery" is checked
    "Turn on automatic setup of network-connected devices" is checked
    "Turn on file and printer sharing" is checked

I can't see my blooming computers nevertheless. So what other witchery is afoot?

keseyken, Jun 24, 2015
  6. linw Win User
    I've had this before, as well, but network shares seem to be OK now (10130).

Try re-booting your routers and see whether the shares show up then.

7. keseyken Win User
    Thanks for the suggestion linw. Unfortunately no joy.

It seems to me that File and Printer sharing is not actually turned on, even though "Turn on file and printer sharing" is checked.

When I click on the only thing showing under "Network" i.e. the Windows 10 computer name icon, I see only a blank page. When I do the same in e.g. Windows 7 with the Windows 7 computer name icon, I see the link for "Users/Share".

keseyken, Jun 24, 2015
  8. keseyken Win User

Well, knock me down with a feather.

Change Windows 10 login from a PIN to password and the other computers, devices on the network become visible and accessible.*Cool

keseyken, Jun 24, 2015
  9. linw Win User
    Ah, never thought of that! Never used a pin, myself.

So, the problem is one of credentials, I guess.

10. sgage Win User
    Yes! I was having the same issue, but simply signing on with my password vs. PIN solved it.

sgage, Jul 4, 2015
  11. mbagshaw Win User
    Same problem here, and sure enough the problem was using a PIN. Not using a PIN is hardly a solution, though – I find it much more convenient to use a PIN. Let's hope Microsoft fixes this.

mbagshaw, Aug 27, 2015
  12. Hmmm , I am having a similar problem but I don't use PINS .

Suddenly, today, from my MAIN pc, I can no longer see my other networked PCs in File Manager. I can see all other networked devices, just not the computers!!! I can ping the other computers, I can remote access all computer vis TeamViewer, but I cannot see other computer or map a drive ( as I no longer can see them listed).

On the other PCs, I can see all my computers, including the MAIN one. All discovery in on for all computers as it always was. Everything is on the same workgroup ; nothing is on a homegroup. Everything in on Windows 10.

Was working fine all this time. until today. Any suggestions?

mediaman09, Sep 9, 2015
  13. Pendaws Win User

I wish I could help but I am now a victim of this. Until tonight, I could see all the computers attached to my network and the 2 NAS units but, for some reason, one of my NAS units has disappeared?
    I have a network with a unique IP address setup and my main machine, the one I am typing on, was upgraded from Win 7 with no issues and I have added anything new to the machine in the last
    4 days and just 1 update so, I am at a loss to understand. My other machine I have just added Windows 10 insider build 10565 and the ONLY computers that show up are "computers", no NAS.

Has anyone got an idea? BTW, I don't and have NEVER used a P.I.N. to sign in in either machine.

Pendaws, Oct 20, 2015
  14. UKMedia Win User
    I've heard of this before but I use both PIN and workgroups with no problem. If you change back to PIN does it stop working?

Regards

UKMedia, Oct 20, 2015
  15. UKMedia Win User
    I get this problem sometimes but can always access if I type the LAN name for the NAS in File Explorer. I eventually got around the problem by creating a network location:

- Open File Explorer and right click on 'This PC'
    - Select Add a Network location and follow the wizard (You may need to type the address)

These links have always worked for me.

Regards

UKMedia, Oct 20, 2015
Thema:

1. Solved: Can't see other computers in Workgroup on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Solved Can't computers

2. I can't see other Pc's in my workgroup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't see other Pc's in my workgroup: I worder if there is a service which isn't running on my Pc because I can't see my streaming unit or any other Pc's in my workgroup. The Pc is new and on my laptop I can see the units in my workgroup but not on this Pc. I have compared the two Pc's sharing configuration and I...
  3. Why can't I see other workgroup computers in Network?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why can't I see other workgroup computers in Network?: Why can't I see other workgroup computers in Network? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-see-other-workgroup-computers-in/9ed3297c-4660-4a7d-b237-079eaa692ae2
  4. Computers can't see each other on workgroup

Computers can't see each other on workgroup: Recently added both laptops to a workgroup as suggested here to enable file sharing and it worked perfectly. Then suddenly today 1 of the computers can't see the other one. Laptop 1 can't see laptop 2 1 did have a Pin as security while 2 had a password. I've changed 1 to...
  5. Can't see the Computers on WorkGroup, or access an NAS shared folder

Can't see the Computers on WorkGroup, or access an NAS shared folder: Hi, I have a home network that is a simple workgroup. There is an NAS that has some shared folders on the network, with some media servers, etc. I have a desktop computer attached to the router through cable, some laptops, tablets, cell phone, etc. that are attached to the...
  6. XP Can't see WIndows 10 computers on workgroup

XP Can't see WIndows 10 computers on workgroup: Ever since I updated my two work computers to the Creators Update version, I can no longer see them from Windows XP when I try to browse via Network Connections. I can see them if I reference them directly via the UNC name,I.E. \\SHOP10HX64 or \\SHOP10PX64. This was...
  7. Workgroup Windows 10 and XP machines no longer see each other

Workgroup Windows 10 and XP machines no longer see each other: My 4 machine workgroup network, 2 XP and 2 Win 10 machines, was functioning fairly well until the recent "Creator" upgrade. Now the XP machines can no longer see the 10 machines and the 10 machines can't see the XP machines. The machines of the other OS are not listed. Would...
  8. Another can't see other shares in Workgroup thread.

Another can't see other shares in Workgroup thread.: Ever since the Win10 1709 update, my network has gone off the rails. I'm hoping you folks can help me get it back. I have three computers connected through a router. An office computer, shop computer and a laptop. The office and shop are hard wired and the laptop is...
  9. Windows 10 PC can't see other shares in Workgroup

Windows 10 PC can't see other shares in Workgroup: We set up our small business network as a Workgroup awhile ago with all Windows XP computers. Some have been since upgraded to Windows 7, others to Windows 10. The most important issue is a folder on an XP machine that all others in the network need to be able to access....
  10. Cannot see other computers in workgroup

Cannot see other computers in workgroup: I have a home network defined by workgroup (not homegroup). Three computers are Windows 10 (vers 1703) and one is Windows Vista. One of the Windows 10 computers can not see any of the other network computers. Nor can it see any of the network devices (including the network...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i cant see the other computers in my workgroup