Windows 10: [SOLVED] Crashes, newly installed and no improvement

Discus and support [SOLVED] Crashes, newly installed and no improvement in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello I bought for my wife an ASUS ux310uak a half year ago. For several weeks she had crashes with the browser and also I believe BSOD's. I have run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kiwig, Feb 18, 2018.

1. kiwig Win User

[SOLVED] Crashes, newly installed and no improvement

Hello
    I bought for my wife an ASUS ux310uak a half year ago. For several weeks she had crashes with the browser and also I believe BSOD's.
    I have run SFC's ,CHKDSK's and Dism's before the new install. No improvement so reinstalled W10.
    Have done the SFC after the install to check if everything is ok though got unfixed errors. Dism result is "access denied" errors. I have tried to upgrade online with W10 Assistant again with errors.
    The chkdsk and sfc logs are attached. 238GB SanDisk (SSD)
    Would anyone of you have time and patience to look at this?
    Thanks

:)

kiwig, Feb 18, 2018
  2. Cavinn Win User

Computer always crashes after reinstalling windows 10

I recently reinstalled windows 10. However, the newly installed system always crashes. The mouse cursor always stops moving in the middle of use. Would anyone tell me why? What do I need to do to solve the problem?

Cavinn, Feb 18, 2018
  3. Newly installed windows 10 crashes every day

You mean it is a CUSTOM BUILT computer?

(Or because I gave a Dell Laptop as an example, you assumed I was trying to imply you had a laptop?)

Battlefield issue?

BF1.exe causing a crash in Windows 10 Pro 64

Shenan Stanley, Feb 18, 2018
  4. [SOLVED] Crashes, newly installed and no improvement

Hi kiwig.

When you ran chkdsk did you run with /r parameter chkdsk /r c:

Could you share how you did the clean install? Did you get new media from MS? Did you follow a guideline like the TenForums Clean install tutorial? The CBS log show lots of files that aren't repairable. Sometimes it can take three passes of SCF to fix. You should have to fix anything with a clean install.

Clean Install Windows 10

After the clean install did you reference device manager to ensure all devices installed okay?

Caledon Ken, Feb 18, 2018
  5. kiwig Win User
    Thanks for your prompt reply.
    Yes, the clean install is from MS and downloaded with the media creation tool and loaded onto a usb. It took a bit of time for the updates to get the drivers. I did run chckdsk with r.
    I might try a new download and install again as I have done a few runs of scf"s.
    Unless you have another suggestion?
    Hmmm..... now I get an error while downloading onto the usb.*Redface

kiwig, Feb 18, 2018
  6. When you did the clean install did you delete current partitions so you are truly starting new.

I would also do something of an audit against the drivers on the Asus site. MS can load generic MS drivers for devices instead of the manufactures drivers. So I would be looking at chipset, storage, Management Engine.

If you run chkdsk again is it reporting any errors? In my opinion it shouldn't be. Since it is Samsung SSD is the Samsung Magician reporting drive health as okay?

7. kiwig Win User
    I have downloaded the drivers and got them ready.
    Here the result of the 'magician'

kiwig, Feb 18, 2018
  8. kiwig Win User

This is truly a disappointment.
    Installed 1709 with the media creation tool and went straight forward. Checked with sfc /scannow soon after the install.
    Maybe it is to soon?

kiwig, Feb 18, 2018
  9. Here is your CBS Log boiled down.

sfcdetails.txt

I wonder if your USB is the issue. It says the source is corrupt for some files it is trying to repair.

Did you delete partitions on C: before installing.

10. kiwig Win User
    Thanks.
    Yes I did delete and formatted the install partition.
    This time round I used a different USB stick as previously as I left the other install on the first usb stick.
    Just did an: "C:\WINDOWS\system32>Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth" and it gave : "access denied"
    Should I use another USB port and another stick to yet again download another install setup?

Off to work now.......

edit: or should I use a different laptop for the download?

kiwig, Feb 19, 2018
  11. zbook New Member
    Please run this version of the log collector and post a zip into this thread:
    log collector v2-beta08.zip

The chkdsk report displayed that it was done on line.

Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
    chkdsk /x /f /r
    Perform this on every partition using the syntax: chkdsk /x /f /r C: or chkdsk /x /f /r D: and change the drive letter to the applicable drive letter.

This command may take many hours.
    The computer will not be able to be used while the command is run to fix and recover problems with the drive file system. It may display a number in the low teens while the fix and recover is performed.

C:\Windows\system32>chkdsk /x /f /r
    The type of the file system is NTFS.
    Cannot lock current drive.

Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another
    process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be
    checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N)

Type: Y
    reboot

Use the information in this link to find the chkdsk reports in the event viewer > copy and paste > notepad > save to desktop > post into the thread
    Read Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

Run HD Tune:
    HD Tune website
    For each drive post 3 images into the thread:
    a) Health (SMART)
    b) Benchmark
    c) Full error scan

zbook, Feb 19, 2018
  12. kiwig Win User
    Will do that tonight(about 12hrs)
    Thanks

kiwig, Feb 19, 2018
  13. kiwig Win User

Thanks again
    I have done the following scans:
    Chkdsk C: on the SSD(the ssd has only one working partition, C*Smile and also Chkdsk on the USB(one partition) :
    I have tried to collect the date as per instruction and got the error result below.
    Done the tests on the SSD and USB and are also here below.
    I hope I got the details you mentioned, more or less. The "HD Tune" results look ok to me.
    In this case I am not sure how to proceed from here*Confused !

kiwig, Feb 19, 2018
  14. zbook New Member
    See post #8.
    Please post a zip into the thread for the log collector.

zbook, Feb 19, 2018
  15. kiwig Win User
    I'm sorry, I was a bit slow on this.

kiwig, Feb 20, 2018
Thema:

1. [SOLVED] Crashes, newly installed and no improvement - Similar Threads - SOLVED Crashes newly

2. Newly installed speakers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Newly installed speakers.: I just installed Z313 Logitech speakers, and, even though I hooked everything up according to directions, I get no sound. How can I check if NVIDIA is working? The speakers I replaced didn't work either. In testing the speakers, nothing seems to be amiss, but they still don't...
  3. Newly installed speakers.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Newly installed speakers.: I just installed Z313 Logitech speakers, and, even though I hooked everything up according to directions, I get no sound. How can I check if NVIDIA is working? The speakers I replaced didn't work either. In testing the speakers, nothing seems to be amiss, but they still don't...
  4. Crashes on Newly Built Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crashes on Newly Built Desktop: Hello!Around a month ago now, I built a custom built PC with new components ordered online. Ever since building it, I have been having issues constantly with the computer. Usually, it starts with a game repeatedly crashing this happens randomly from 10-60 minutes into a game,...
  5. Crashes on Newly Built Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crashes on Newly Built Desktop: Hello!Around a month ago now, I built a custom built PC with new components ordered online. Ever since building it, I have been having issues constantly with the computer. Usually, it starts with a game repeatedly crashing this happens randomly from 10-60 minutes into a game,...
  6. Crashes on Newly Built Desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Crash while installing windows 10 on a newly built pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Crash while installing windows 10 on a newly built pc: So I had just finished building my pc and got to the part where I had to install windows. I inserted the USB, booted from it and began the installation process. Midway through, there was a crash with the message: irql_less_or_not_equal Any help to fix this is greatly...
  8. Newly built PC crashed

Newly built PC crashed: Hi, I just built a pc but it just crashed on me and I'm trying to figure it out. is there a way to figure out why my PC crashed using a .dmp file? All i see in there is unknown characters. Here's the link to the file...
  9. Newly installed windows 10 computer crashes BSOD

Newly installed windows 10 computer crashes BSOD: I have a windows 10 computer that has been having problems for a while. The computer crashes and shows the blue screen of death with different stop codes. I checked all hardware to be sure that it was not a hardware problem, and then reinstalled windows 10 from scratch but...
  10. Newly Installed SSD Crashes on Windows 10

Newly Installed SSD Crashes on Windows 10: Hi, Recently I purchased and installed a brand new Samsung 960 EVO (500GB) SSD, but have been having problems with it. I've been getting regular freezes and crashes (and by regular, I mean at least every 5 minutes, happens especially during gaming). I'll get all sorts of...