Windows 10: [SOLVED] Hard Drives not showing up

Discus and support [SOLVED] Hard Drives not showing up in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I installed two 500 GB Western Digital Blues yesterday, and they worked fine. But, after a reboot today, they no longer show up. They are in device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dukethedj, May 5, 2016.

1. dukethedj Win User

[SOLVED] Hard Drives not showing up

So I installed two 500 GB Western Digital Blues yesterday, and they worked fine. But, after a reboot today, they no longer show up. They are in device manager and in my UEFI, but disk management doesn't show it. I reset the bios with no prevail on the issue. Samsung Magician also thinks that I am in RAID mode, so could that be why? I don't think it is because I reset the bios to AHCI. I appreciate any help given. Thanks.

:)

dukethedj, May 5, 2016

2. External Hard drives stopped showing up on computer

I have been using my external hard drives (Seagate - small ones, but not USB) for a couple of years. One is only six months only. Today, they stopped showing up on my computer. I hear the ding when I connect them, but they do not show up on my computer
    or on file explorer.

What have I done wrong?

Thanks.

keystonerose, May 5, 2016
  3. External Hard drives stopped showing up on computer

Hi,

We would like to know more about your concern regarding the external hard drive. Have you tried connecting the hard drive in a different device? Have you tried entering Safe Mode in your computer and connecting the device? Have you made any changes prior
    the issue?

Please keep us posted for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, May 5, 2016
  4. dukethedj Win User

Yep! That seems to be the issue. Fixed.

dukethedj, May 6, 2016
Thema:

1. [SOLVED] Hard Drives not showing up - Similar Threads - SOLVED Hard Drives

2. Hard drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive not showing up: After cleaning my pc, my computer has been facing a lot of hard drive issues. At first my hard drive wasn't showing up in file explorer and disk management, but today it automatically came back. It had a different drive letter and when I opened a file in the drive it woud...
  3. Hard drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive not showing up: After cleaning my pc, my computer has been facing a lot of hard drive issues. At first my hard drive wasn't showing up in file explorer and disk management, but today it automatically came back. It had a different drive letter and when I opened a file in the drive it woud...
  4. Hard drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hard Drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard Drive not showing up: I have both an SSD and a HDD. When I go to file explorer only the SSD shows up. In the bios both the HDD and the SSD shows up. The HDD doesnt show up in device manager either. How to I get the HDD to start appearing?...
  6. Hard Drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Drive not showing up: I have both an SSD and a HDD. When I go to file explorer only the SSD shows up. In the bios both the HDD and the SSD shows up. The HDD doesnt show up in device manager either. How to I get the HDD to start appearing?...
  7. Hard Drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Hard Drive Not Showing Up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Drive Not Showing Up: Hello, I have a hard drive installed, in a computer I just built, it shows up in my Asus bios and everything but it doesn't show up on my computer devices. It is so weird. Can someone help?...
  9. Hard drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive not showing up: While building a computer I was told that installing the OS on a SSD would lead to a faster boot time than if I Installed it on a hard drive So I recently did the only problem is that now windows isn't acknowledging the hard drive in "This PC". I have tried the following...
  10. hard drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    hard drive not showing up: my win 10 broke so i decided to reinstall win 10 by usb. before my win 10 broke it would show up that i had two drives now it doesn't. if i check disk management it on shows that i have only one drive submitted by /u/collsheryar [link] [comments]...