Windows 10: [SOLVED] I can't get rid of dual boot option after installing RemixOs

Discus and support [SOLVED] I can't get rid of dual boot option after installing RemixOs in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, A friend of mine brought me an old hard disk in which he wanted me to install remix os on, we plugged it in my pc (using a USB adapter),... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by alaslipknot, Feb 24, 2018.

1. [SOLVED] I can't get rid of dual boot option after installing RemixOs

Hi,

A friend of mine brought me an old hard disk in which he wanted me to install remix os on, we plugged it in my pc (using a USB adapter), installed Remix Os (choosing hard disk option) then unplugged the disk (he went home, didn't like the OS and ended up formatting the whole disk).
    Now whenever i turn on my computer, i get this :
    [SOLVED] I can't get rid of dual boot option after installing RemixOs [​IMG]

Msconfig-> boot have don't have any trace of RemixOs :

And neither does the Startup and Recovery in Advanced system settings :

what can i do to solve this please ?
    thanks

Solution in comment #23

:)

alaslipknot, Feb 24, 2018

2. Toshiba PC BSoD at start up `PHASE1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED`

I installed remixos on the C:\ drive and then the BSoD started happening, i had the charger that i just got fixed and the ethernet cable. i recently have installed nothing. i have tryed going into the bios and tryed to get it to boot from recovery usb.
    pc came with windows 8.1 upgraded to 10. cannot boot into windows 10 currently or remixos. i was using a edit of windows 10 called windows 10 extreme lite by bob pony (network.bobpony.org)

ELECTRONICNONWIZ1, Feb 24, 2018
  3. Remove RemixOS from dual boot

Hi,

There are a few methods that can be done to uninstall programs on a Windows device. One of the most common would be using the Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs option. To completely uninstall the program, kindly perform these steps:

Method 1:

• Press the Windows button + R on your keyboard.
    • Type "appwiz.cpl" and then press the Enter key.
    • Search the program that you want to remove by highlighting it, and then click on the Uninstall button.
    • After uninstalling the program, restart your computer.

In the event that the program isn't listed on the Application Wizard, then you can perform these steps instead:

Method 2:

1. Right-click on the shortcut launcher.

2. On the drop-down list, click "Properties".

3. On the "General" tab, click on Open File Location button.

4. Once you are on the folder location, look for the program's executable file. Usually, it would be named as "setup.exe" or "Uninstall.exe" or abbreviations like "Uninstll.exe" and such.

5. Run it to uninstall the program.

6. Restart your computer.

7. Check if the program is still present.

Another method that you can perform is the uninstallation of the program by using the Built-in Administrator. To do so, follow these steps:

Method 3:

1. On your keyboard, press the Windows + X button.

2. Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

3. On Command prompt, and type "net user administrator /active:yes"

4. Exit the command prompt and restart your computer.

5. After restarting the computer, perform the same steps stated in Method 2.

Note: The hidden Administrator account has more privileges than a regular administrator account. Privileges that can easily generate a conflict
    on your system. We only recommend enabling the built-in Administrator account for troubleshooting purposes and you have to disable it once you are done.

To disable the hidden Administrator account, follow these steps:

• On Search type CMD to open Command Prompt.
      Right click on CMD then choose Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation,
      type the password, or click Yes.
    • In the Command Prompt window, type net user administrator /active:no then hit the Enter key.
    • The administrator account will now be disabled, and shouldn’t show up on the login screen anymore.

In the event that the program still exists after performing the troubleshooting methods above, we advise that you contact the support team of the program that you are trying to uninstall. This is for you to be advised of any possible uninstaller that they
    have. Uninstallers could wipe clean any system file that is associated to the program.

If you have further questions, please don't hesitate to reply to this thread.

Darleen Pen, Feb 24, 2018
  4. Samuria Win User

[SOLVED] I can't get rid of dual boot option after installing RemixOs

You need to repair the boot record do you know if the disk is uefi, gpt, or mbr if in doubt post a screenshot from disk management

Samuria, Feb 24, 2018
  5. here :

6. AddRAM Win User
    I see a page file on Disk 0 which should not be there unless you put it there, it may have come from the Linux install you did.

I would think EasyBCD could delete the extra boot menu items.

Wait for an expert to confirm *Smile

EasyBCD - NeoSmart Technologies

AddRAM, Feb 24, 2018
  7. thank you but that doesn't seems like a free solution isn't ?

8. AddRAM Win User

EasyBCD is free, you just have to register.

AddRAM, Feb 24, 2018
  9. oh! i totally missed that *Tongue Thanks!

alaslipknot, Feb 25, 2018
  10. Samuria Win User
    Drive c should normally be disk 0 it does work without but far better to have it as 0 swap cables

Samuria, Feb 25, 2018
  11. will that fix the dual boot issue ?

12. Hey, i just tried EasyBCD, it does nothing unfortunately, just like Windows 10 tools, it doesn't see the other Boot option at all

Also tried the "Re-create/repair boot files" Action, didn't do anything too.

13. Samuria Win User

Samuria, Feb 25, 2018
  14. Update :

the only "honest" utility xD

So apperantly i have a bootmgr file in the HarddiskVolume6 under \EFI\REMIXOS\BOOTX64.EFI,
    the only problem is, that i don't have a 6th Volume !!

I am assuming that is the Hard disk that i plugged through USB ?
    is there a way to fix this now ?

thank you

15. The given method in post #11 should work = rebuilt the UEFI boot partition. The easiest way is in the BIOS under boot order.

Disable the efi Remix partition.

MikeMecanic, Feb 25, 2018
Thema:

1. [SOLVED] I can't get rid of dual boot option after installing RemixOs - Similar Threads - SOLVED can't rid

2. No boot options after creating Windows dual-boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No boot options after creating Windows dual-boot: I used to have a dual-boot with Manjaro and Win10 1909, but decided to stick with Windows for the time being and removed the dual boot and deleted the Manjaro partition. However, Manjaro still appeared in my boot options. I recently tried to create another dual-boot with 2...
  3. No boot options after creating Windows dual-boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No boot options after creating Windows dual-boot: I used to have a dual-boot with Manjaro and Win10 1909, but decided to stick with Windows for the time being and removed the dual boot and deleted the Manjaro partition. However, Manjaro still appeared in my boot options. I recently tried to create another dual-boot with 2...
  4. No boot options after creating Windows dual-boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Dual boot option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual boot option: Hello sir, i have a dual boot os on my windows 10 and i already delete the other one using msconfig option, Now i want to bring back the dual boot option again.. Is it possible?...
  6. Boot option restore BSOD after installing Ubuntu in dual boot mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot option restore BSOD after installing Ubuntu in dual boot mode: I bought a new HP laptop ck2018tu with Windows 10 Home pre-installed. I wanted to install Ubuntu in dual boot. I installed it. But after restart, intead of getting grub menu it is showing blue screen with message 'Restoring boot option' then goes black, again same blue screen...
  7. Getting rid of Dual boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Getting rid of Dual boot: I've just installed Windows 10 Pro on an SSD and now have a Dual Boot System with Windows 10 Home on another SSD. I would like to remove the "Home" O/S to reclaim lost disk space, apart from anything else but am concerned because UEFI BIOS will only "see" the "Home" SSD as a...
  8. Can't get rid of the "korean" language option (not there?)

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't get rid of the "korean" language option (not there?): so I updated to 1903 after making a macrium reflect backup of my 1809 setup, and there's something hinky going on I got the language bar on my taskbar visible, and its giving me two choices: english, or korean. I do not remember installing korean, and when I tried to...
  9. Dual boot no option menu

Dual boot no option menu: I'm currently running ver 14393 (32) and tried installing 14986 (insider) on a partition. The install went ok but the installed version had some problems: repeated BSODs and really slow response. The hard part was getting back to my working version. I thought there was a boot...
  10. Dual Boot Option Missing

Dual Boot Option Missing: It was there - options for booting into Win7 or Technical Preview. The 'time to display....' is set at 30 seconds but only Win7 is showing. Any thoughts appreciated - regards. 3716