Windows 10: (Solved) igdkmd64.sys BSOD happens every single day at 3AM

Discus and support (Solved) igdkmd64.sys BSOD happens every single day at 3AM in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So, i've been struggling with a certain BSOD for months now. I've tried fixing it by myself over and over again to no avail, and even though i'm used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JustValor, Mar 4, 2016.

1. JustValor Win User

(Solved) igdkmd64.sys BSOD happens every single day at 3AM

So, i've been struggling with a certain BSOD for months now. I've tried fixing it by myself over and over again to no avail, and even though i'm used to it by now, it's still a pain in the butt. So, from the beginning: it's a consistent BSOD regarding a SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION with 'igdkmd64.sys'.

At first i thought it was related to laptop overheating but after a while i noticed it happened every single day between 3AM and 4AM, and it would occur 2 times in a row (BSOD, restart PC, BSOD again, after another restart it doesn't happen anymore until the next day). If the PC is turned off at that time, the double BSOD happens as soon as i turn it on. I was hopeless for a long time until recently i found out that it only happens if i have an internet connection. If i disconnect from my Wi-Fi the problem won't happen until i reconnect it, causing an immediately crash.

Bottom line is: I'm now fairly sure that it is related to windows trying and failing to update my video card or something like that, but that's just what i suspect (video card because igdkmd64 is related to it apparently). I've tried disabling 'Windows Update' in 'Services' (Administrative Tools) but that didn't do it. Any ideas on how to approach this?

I'm attaching the logs here, just be aware that some things may be in Brazilian Portguese, as it's my Windows language. If you need any particular thing translated don't be afraid to ask. Thanks in advance for any help.

Attachment 67725

:)

JustValor, Mar 4, 2016

2. Windows 10 Video Scheduler Internal Error BSOD

I have a Surface Pro 3, had this issue as well as a Video_TDR_Failure (IGDKMD64.SYS) BSOD.

ChrBrown30, Mar 4, 2016
  3. BSOD - System service Exception on shut down and GPU crashes

Ive just done this, hopefully it works. Now on the memorydump are there any errors regarding the BSOD igdkmd64.sys?

Sheittanis, Mar 4, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

That sounds like a problem with a task, disable all non-microsoft tasks in the task manager (can be done through Ccleaner) to see if that improves anything.
    Attachment 67837

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

• Uninstall Daemon Tools
    • Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

(Solved) igdkmd64.sys BSOD happens every single day at 3AM [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

Please remove / disable items from the startup in taskmanager
    These programs could interfere with the boot process giving you trouble and increase the boot time.

axe0, Mar 4, 2016
  5. JustValor Win User
    I was unable to check for SPTD, i tried both standalone versions (x32 and x64) but an error message tells me "This platform is not supported", but regardless i uninstalled Daemon Tools and disabled the scheduled tasks, i'll be back in 8 hours to report back with results.

JustValor, Mar 5, 2016
  6. JustValor Win User
    Hey axe0,

I'm afraid it didn't work. I feel like my PC performance has improved a bit, i assume by the removal of Daemon Tools, but the BSOD keeps happening. Happened yesterday (the day i made the modifications) and again today. Any other ideas?

Thanks!

JustValor, Mar 6, 2016
  7. axe0 New Member
    Diagnostics Test
    System File Check
    Please try following:
    • Open an admin command prompt
    • Copy/paste "sfc/scannow" (without quotes) and press enter
    • When it finished reboot your system
    • Open again an admin command prompt
    • Enter sfc/scannow again
    If sfc/scannow says "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them" after the second SFC, please upload the cbs.log file located at {windows partition}\Windows\Logs\CBS\, if the file is too large try a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, onedrive, google drive, mediafire etc.
    System File Check(SFC a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection) needs to have your system rebooted in order for sfc to try to fix the problems that it finds.

Please uninstall everything of Intel graphics using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from your manufacturer. Be sure to ONLY install the drivers using custom/advanced options.
    Attachment 68096

axe0, Mar 6, 2016
  8. JustValor Win User

OK, bad news. I have tried it three times now (the last one i left it running for about 10 hours) but the "sfc/scannow" command keeps stopping at 53%. There are no error messages or nothing to indicate what went wrong, but the verification stays at 53% forever and i made sure to start cmd on admin mode. Should i still uninstall the things from Intel Graphics?

JustValor, Mar 7, 2016
  9. axe0 New Member
    axe0, Mar 7, 2016
  10. JustValor Win User
    Hey axe0, just giving you an update as to what is going on.

Last night i did the in-place upgrade by downloading the .iso and following the instructions. The first 3-4AM period after that there was no BSOD, but i had internet issues during that time so i decided to give it another day. Turns out that 1 hour ago there was another one, but this time my PC started to " analyze and repair unit C: " on the reboot . I'm not sure if this ever happened before, i want to say that it did but i don't remember for sure.

Since there was this repair i'll try and give it another day. Thanks again for the help you've been giving. I'll come back as soon as i have an answer.

JustValor, Mar 9, 2016
  11. JustValor Win User
    Seems to have solved it. Two days in a row without a Blue Screen!!

Thank you so much axe0, the in-place upgrade didn't solve it by itself but after it windows was able to repair whatever it was that was going on. *Biggrin

JustValor, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. (Solved) igdkmd64.sys BSOD happens every single day at 3AM - Similar Threads - Solved igdkmd64 sys

2. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOTHANDELD BSOD with igdkmd64.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOTHANDELD BSOD with igdkmd64.sys: I keep crashing and getting the blue screen of death, I have looked at endless forum posts about the same issues but none of the methods have solved the problem.I understand it has to do with the intel graphics driver and I am using a Surface Studio Laptop with the nvidia...
  3. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOTHANDELD BSOD with igdkmd64.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOTHANDELD BSOD with igdkmd64.sys: I keep crashing and getting the blue screen of death, I have looked at endless forum posts about the same issues but none of the methods have solved the problem. I understand it has to do with the intel graphics driver and I am using a Surface Studio Laptop with the nvidia...
  4. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOTHANDELD BSOD with igdkmd64.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOTHANDELD BSOD with igdkmd64.sys: I keep crashing and getting the blue screen of death, I have looked at endless forum posts about the same issues but none of the methods have solved the problem. I understand it has to do with the intel graphics driver and I am using a Surface Studio Laptop with the nvidia...
  5. BSOD - Video_Tdr_Failure : igdkmd64.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD - Video_Tdr_Failure : igdkmd64.sys: Hi! I have been facing this "Video TDR Failure" in windows 10 on my MI Notebook 14 Horizon Edition.When I install the latest intel graphic driver switching from Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. It shows a yellow exclamation mark and in the properties, it shows "Windows has...
  6. BSOD error igdkmd64.sys (5109aeb3)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD error igdkmd64.sys (5109aeb3): Hello, please help me to solve this problem. DM Log Collector below 74093
  7. BSOD while gaming VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (igdkmd64.sys)

BSOD while gaming VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (igdkmd64.sys): I've been getting BSODs regularly while gaming since I upgraded to Windows 10. The error is VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (igdkmd64.sys). I'm using Intel HD 4600 integrated graphics chipset and I've already updated the drivers to the latest from the Intel site. Searching around the...
  8. BSODs and hangs to do with igdkmd64.sys

BSODs and hangs to do with igdkmd64.sys: Hi, I've recently been struggling with hangs on my laptop. Using driver verifier as a guide, I disabled Intel Smart Connect (uninstalled and blocked updates) and uninstalled Realtek High Definition Audio (downgraded to the default Microsoft driver). I have also rolled back...
  9. BSOD : VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (igdkmd64.sys)

BSOD : VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (igdkmd64.sys): Hi there. I have a BSOD screen when I play a game 20-30 minutes . The error is : VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (igdkmd64.sys). Before installing W10 i could play games as Counter-Strike : Global Offensive, Minecraft and League of Legends at their full power without interrupting. And...
  10. BSOD tdr_failure_igdkmd64.sys

BSOD tdr_failure_igdkmd64.sys: I have been encountering this error frequently when running games, mostly World of Tanks and the World of Warships beta test. I ALWAYS get this error whenever I accidentally bump the windows key on my laptop in game. If I am at the port or garage screen with all my ships,...
Tags: