Windows 10: SOLVED: Laptop Touchpad fully functional, but not in Universal apps

Discus and support SOLVED: Laptop Touchpad fully functional, but not in Universal apps in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Has anyone found this an issue, and is there a solution? My laptop touchpad (Synaptics TouchPad V7.4 latest drivers 15.0.10.0 26/02/2010) is fully... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by geoffers, Oct 15, 2015.

1. geoffers Win User

SOLVED: Laptop Touchpad fully functional, but not in Universal apps

Has anyone found this an issue, and is there a solution?

My laptop touchpad (Synaptics TouchPad V7.4 latest drivers 15.0.10.0 26/02/2010) is fully functional in existing windows programs. So things like the right-hand scroll area work, two-finger scrolling, pinch to zoom etc all work as expected IN EXISTING WINDOWS PROGRAMS)

However, in any of the new-fangled W10 Universal Apps this enhanced functionality doesn't seem to work - for instance, the right-hand scroll area is being detected (as the little scroll icon appears), but the actual functionality isn't working - the only way I can scroll is using the default mouse method with the cursor on the scroll bar and left-button/slide to scroll

:)

geoffers, Oct 15, 2015

2. SOLVED: Laptop Touchpad fully functional, but not in new Win10 Universal apps

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + Q”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.
    • Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.
    • Follow the On Screen instructions.
    Method 2:
    Un-install and re-install touch pad drivers from the manufacturer’s website and see if that helps:

Step 1:
    un-install the drivers:

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows Key + Q” from the keyboard.
    • Type “device Manager” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.
    • Right click on the touchpad drivers and select
      “Uninstall”.
    • Restart the computer once it is uninstalled.

Step 2: Download the latest touchpad drivers from manufacturer’s website.

Refer the steps to install a driver in compatibility mode:

a. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select
    Properties

b. Select Compatibility Tab

c. Place a check mark next to
    Run this program in Compatibility mode.

Hope this information helps and let us know the status of the issue we will be glad to help you further.

Thanks.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Oct 15, 2015
  3. SOLVED: Laptop Touchpad fully functional, but not in new Win10 Universal apps

OK - sorted it finally :

• in step one/two above you delete the existing Synaptics drivers then have to reboot
    • unfortunately when the PC restarts it installs some generic touchpad drivers which have the basic functionality
    • So although step4 (run setup) appears to work, it hasn't actually done anything as the generic drivers are already there
    So what you have to do is this...

• In device manager, select the mouse device and click update drivers.
    • Then select Browse My Computer
      > Let me pick from a list > Have disk button, and select the folder with the new Synaptics drivers (I'm running 32-bit windows so selected ..\WinWDF\x86).
    • The green progress bar shows the drivers are loading, then when it's all done you now have the new functionality installed -
      RESULT!!!

• SOLVED: Laptop Touchpad fully functional, but not in Universal apps [​IMG]

telemarker, Oct 15, 2015
  4. geoffers Win User

Just for an update, I've tried doing the following(having imaged the drive first so I can recover if required).

SOLVED: Laptop Touchpad fully functional, but not in Universal apps [​IMG]

• Downloaded the 19.0.19.1 drivers from Synaptics
    • Deleted the existing 15.0.10 Synaptics program settings in control panel (as the setup won't run until this is removed)

• Run setup from the downloaded 19.0.19.1 Synaptics driver files
    • After this, the extra "Device Settings" tab is not present in the "Mouse Properties" window, and the enhanced functionality is no longer available in anything.
    So I've now reinstalled the disk image to get back to the Synaptics functionality.

geoffers, Oct 16, 2015
  5. geoffers Win User
    OK - sorted it finally :
    • in step one/two above you delete the existing Synaptics drivers then have to reboot
    • unfortunately when the PC restarts it installs some generic touchpad drivers which have the basic functionality
    • So although step4 (run setup) appears to work, it hasn't actually done anything as the generic drivers are already there
    So what you have to do is this...

• In device manager, select the mouse device and click update drivers.
    • Then select Browse My Computer > Let me pick from a list > Have disk button, and select the folder with the new Synaptics drivers (I'm running 32-bit windows so selected ..\WinWDF\x86).
    • The green progress bar shows the drivers are loading, then when it's all done you now have the new functionality installed - RESULT!!!

geoffers, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. SOLVED: Laptop Touchpad fully functional, but not in Universal apps - Similar Threads - SOLVED Laptop Touchpad

2. Touchpad not functioning correctly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad not functioning correctly: I have a 4 year old HP Pavilion 15 laptop. The hard drive was playing up so I have installed an SSD in it's place. Rather than clone the old HDD to the new drive, I did a clean install of Windows 10 intending to migrate data and settings across later. I have also updated the...
  3. Touchpad not functioning correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad not functioning correctly: I have a 4 year old HP Pavilion 15 laptop. The hard drive was playing up so I have installed an SSD in it's place. Rather than clone the old HDD to the new drive, I did a clean install of Windows 10 intending to migrate data and settings across later. I have also updated the...
  4. Touchpad not functioning correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Universal mail App

Universal mail App: I purchased the Universal mail App. When I tried to log in to my third-party email account it gives the message "account type not support" . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/universal-mail-app/82675005-5158-41aa-aa4f-f4f9343170c2
  6. Touchpad functionality is not working

Touchpad functionality is not working: I have a brand new Acer Spin SP513-54N. The touchpad functionalities of right click, double click etc. are not working though the touchpad works for scroll movements. I was advised to reinstate the device to factory settings but the same has not helped either. Any advise...
  7. Touchpad suddenly not functioning

Touchpad suddenly not functioning: Hello everyone! Hopefully you're all surviving this pandemic without too much disruption. Anyway, I'll just get on with it. Please see the timeline of events below: Bought an Acer Aspire 7 A715-74G laptop brand new just under four months ago when I started my own...
  8. Universal apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Universal apps: Hello Microsoft I need a bit of help with something. I need a way of hiding Universal apps from being in my start bar. thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/universal-apps/0e601425-6323-4ead-b1b4-0e6f208dd544
  9. Touchpad suddenly not fully functional

Touchpad suddenly not fully functional: My touchpad works, but the two finger scroll up and down is not working anymore. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-suddenly-not-fully-functional/9a010716-8e87-41a3-bd48-1dbfcffedb48
  10. Universal apps how to?

Universal apps how to?: Is there a way to check if an app is Universal or not? For example, if I want to install the Netflix Universal app, will it just automatically be the one in the store? Because, isn't there still a non-universal version? Also, I have heard about people sorting or organizing,...