Windows 10: [SOLVED]Moving an All Apps item to the first Start Menu

Discus and support [SOLVED]Moving an All Apps item to the first Start Menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just completed installing 9879 using Brink's instructions on how to do it over Win 7 to get all of my apps included without having to reinstall them!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JJG10, Dec 23, 2014.

1. JJG10 Win User

[SOLVED]Moving an All Apps item to the first Start Menu

I just completed installing 9879 using Brink's instructions on how to do it over Win 7 to get all of my apps included without having to reinstall them! Thanks Brink.

However I am left with one annoying situation. Wnen I press the Windows key, several of the folders containing my most used apps do not appear but are buried in the "All Apps" screen. I cannot drag those folders to the first screen where I really would like to have them. Is there any way I can move those folders? Or perhaps creating a folder in the first screen and then moving the apps to that new folder?

Thank you

:)

JJG10, Dec 23, 2014

2. Start/search menu's not working?

I've had this problem a few times, where the entire right side of my start menu disappears. It's frustrating and a nuisance creating new user profiles and moving everything - which until now, has been the only way I've been able to solve the issue. However,
    today (with start menu items/app icons missing) I right-clicked on an application and pinned it to my start menu. It's there! All by itself, but it's there! I'll play a bit and see if I can recreate my groups, etc. That would sure beat previous solutions!

J.Coop-Klamer, Dec 23, 2014
  3. vgsmike Win User
    November Update wiped my settings

Thanks for the reply. I uninstalled the November Update to restore all my settings, but I attempted to install the update again tonight and got the same results as shown above.

I have performed both method 1 and 2 to no avail.

"Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."

After doing some digging, all of my apps in the "Program Files" and "Program Files (X86)" and tons of stuff in the ProgramData directories, fonts, etc... basically everything was all moved to Windows.old rather than kept in place. That solves the mystery
    of the missing apps. I moved them all back.

But file associations are still broken and the start menu is still blank. Is there a way to restore the start menu tiles to the default, so that I have more than 3 tiles?

Where are old start menu items stored? Maybe I can manually recover them.

vgsmike, Dec 23, 2014
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Dec 24, 2014
  5. JJG10 Win User
    Once again, Brink to the rescue! Thank you.

Yes, I thought of that but that would leave me with a bunch of individual items in the Start List. I found the folders containing the items on the C drive and simply pinned them to the Start List. It seems too easy.

Thanks again

JJG10, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. [SOLVED]Moving an All Apps item to the first Start Menu - Similar Threads - SOLVED Moving Apps

2. Moving All Apps button on Start menu dialog

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving All Apps button on Start menu dialog: Windows 11 Professional.I click on the start menu icon. The bottom of the popup shows my username button on the bottom lower left, and the shutdown button on the bottom lower right. Going vertical, there's some space then a Recommended text. Moving up there are icons of...
  3. Moving All Apps button on Start menu dialog

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving All Apps button on Start menu dialog: Windows 11 Professional.I click on the start menu icon. The bottom of the popup shows my username button on the bottom lower left, and the shutdown button on the bottom lower right. Going vertical, there's some space then a Recommended text. Moving up there are icons of...
  4. How Remove Item in All apps in Windows 11 Start menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Remove Item in All apps in Windows 11 Start menu?: I deleted the game yesterday from the game pass through the game shortcut. The game was deleted, but the shortcut remained. Planet of Lana game. I searched on the disks and in the registry and found everything with the same name and deleted it, but it did not help. I...
  5. How Remove Item in All apps in Windows 11 Start menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Remove Item in All apps in Windows 11 Start menu?: I deleted the game yesterday from the game pass through the game shortcut. The game was deleted, but the shortcut remained. Planet of Lana game. I searched on the disks and in the registry and found everything with the same name and deleted it, but it did not help. I...
  6. Creating custom folders in Start Menu and moving all apps there?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating custom folders in Start Menu and moving all apps there?: So in past Windows versions, I had topic based folders (such as Games, Graphic, Java and such) and moved all the corresponding shortcuts there for ordered, faster access. Is this possible in Windows 10? Because I found no way yet. Cheers. submitted by /u/thatguyfromvienna...
  7. Start menu missing all installed programs/apps and pinned items

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu missing all installed programs/apps and pinned items: I'm running windows 10 Pro 1903 and have been having some trouble with my start menu. The other week pinned items would not work so I done a repair install to fix the problem. Today suddenly most of my pinned items on the start menu have mysteriously vanished and all my...
  8. Set all apps first instead of Pinned tiles in Start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set all apps first instead of Pinned tiles in Start menu: Here is the answer to that question which the microsoft moderator said you cannot do. Settings->Personalization->start Set "Show app list in Start menu" to on. this will now default to apps and not show the pinned tiles first. ***Modified title from: Start Menu No...
  9. Rename Items in All Apps in Windows 10 Start Menu

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Rename Items in All Apps in Windows 10 Start Menu: How to: Rename Items in All Apps in Windows 10 Start Menu How to Rename Items in All Apps in Windows 10 Start Menu All apps in the Start menu displays an alphabetical list of shortcuts to all installed Windows apps and desktop apps on your Windows 10 PC. Some of these...
  10. Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Items in All apps in Windows 10 Start menu All apps in the Start menu displays an alphabetical list of shortcuts to all installed Windows apps and desktop apps on your Windows 10...