Windows 10: Solved recover from sleep bluescreen

Discus and support Solved recover from sleep bluescreen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For the last several days I have been puzzled about the fact that suddenly my computer would not wake up from sleep any more without bluecreening,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by falkunmalti, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Solved recover from sleep bluescreen

For the last several days I have been puzzled about the fact that suddenly my computer would not wake up from sleep any more without bluecreening, although it would go to sleep all right. I don't know if this was caused by a windows update or some other reason. I even posted about this in the BSOD area and reinstalled my OS (windows 10) and all my programs but the problem remained.

I think I have found the reason. I did not have the administrator account set up. It appears that you have to have the administrator account set up, although it doesn't have to be visible (/active:no). I am not sure what the reason is unless it has to do with how the computer goes to sleep. Maybe someone knows and can post the answer. I have tried this time and time again and whereas before I used to bluescreen every time. now the computer recovers from sleep no problem.

I tried it also with hibernate and it is different. Every time I wake it from hibernate, the computer reboots but no bluescreen. I don't know if this is the normal operation for recovery from hibernate.

I have not marked this as solved yet pending comments from others.

:)

falkunmalti, Feb 14, 2017
  2. Dan(H)303 Win User

Video_TDR_Failure (igdkmd64.sys)

I have the same configuration as that of Keith L.

My bluescreens always occur after I wake up my PC from Sleep Mode.

But the bluescreen only occurs if I've had a USB mouse+KB and HDMI Monitor attached before going into sleep mode.

I can even disconnect everthing, wait 3min or so for the system to quiesce, and then put into sleep mode. Even then, when I wake up the PC from sleep, I get multiple "video monitor / resolution adjustments" (for lack of a better term), then bluescreen.

Windows StopCode = Video TDR Failure

igdkmd64.sys

All drivers are up-to-date.

-Dan

Dan(H)303, Feb 14, 2017
  3. Windows 10 doesn't shutdown or restart properly

I have uninstalled the Intel Management Engine from device manager and now the problem is solved my laptop shutdowns, restarts, hibernate and recovers from sleep mode properly you should also try it.

Zeeshan Ali Qureshi, Feb 14, 2017
Thema:

Solved recover from sleep bluescreen

1. Solved recover from sleep bluescreen - Similar Threads - Solved recover sleep

2. Bluescreen After Waking PC from Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen After Waking PC from Sleep: A few times I've gotten a bluescreen after waking up my PC. In one occurrence, I couldn't click or type, but I could move my cursor, until it stopped as well. Wondering if it maybe has something to do with the built in virus protection but I'm unsure.Here is the dump file for...
  3. Bluescreen After Waking PC from Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluescreen After Waking PC from Sleep: A few times I've gotten a bluescreen after waking up my PC. In one occurrence, I couldn't click or type, but I could move my cursor, until it stopped as well. Wondering if it maybe has something to do with the built in virus protection but I'm unsure.Here is the dump file for...
  4. Recovering files from old recycle bin solved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering files from old recycle bin solved: I had the same problem recover files from Recycle Bin of an old, no longer existing machine. Thus without UUID of the user as discussed many years ago in...
  5. Recovering files from old recycle bin solved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovering files from old recycle bin solved: I had the same problem recover files from Recycle Bin of an old, no longer existing machine. Thus without UUID of the user as discussed many years ago in...
  6. Recovering files from old recycle bin solved

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Recovering from Hibernate or Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovering from Hibernate or Sleep: Since, I think, the last Windows Update, moving the mouse to recover from sleep or pressing power button to recover from hibernate, brings up a fresh and quite pleasant picture. Sometimes I click, or double click and it brings up the Windows "Sign In" box which I click and...
  8. Bluescreen after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluescreen after waking from sleep: Never had a bsod occur on this machine. If anyone could provide me details on determining the cause of the situation, it'd be gladly appreciated *Party attached is the debug zip folder If there's somewhere where I can upload the memory.dmp or mini dump.. let me know. 42660
  9. windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown - BlueScreen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown - BlueScreen: I've had several of these unexpected shutdowns on my 10 year old HP running Vista in the past couple of weeks. I'm wondering if there is any way of telling if this is a software or hardware issue. I know it's time for a new computer, but I really like Vista better than Win...
  10. system doesn't want to recover from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    system doesn't want to recover from sleep: Infrequently I go back to my laptop and it will be in sleep, and I move the mouse, then press a key, and nothing happens. I press power and nothing happens. The solution I've found that works is to hold down power and reboot the system. Today I found that if I close the...