Windows 10: Solved...Removal of Quick access and DnD

Discus and support Solved...Removal of Quick access and DnD in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; To anyone having this problem, I'm not sure when it started, but all of a sudden I discovered that I did not have the ability to Drag and Drop a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Justdave, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Justdave Win User

Solved...Removal of Quick access and DnD

To anyone having this problem,

I'm not sure when it started, but all of a sudden I discovered that I did not have the ability to Drag and Drop a file from File Explorer's right pane to the left pane. I get the circle with line through it indicating that I can't do that. I can drag and drop a file within the right pane but not to the left pane. To move a file, I could only copy or cut and paste.

I wondered if some of the registry tweaks that I performed to clean up the Navigation Pane some days earlier might be causing the anomaly. I had followed Shawn's tutorials to remove Videos, Pictures and Music folders. I also removed HomeGroup and Quick Access. His instructions worked flawlessly.

To see if any of those tweaks was causing the DnD problem, I systematically reversed each one, one at a time. Here is my finding.

As soon as I restored Quick access my ability to Drag and Drop in File Explorer was restored! To verify my findings, I removed Quick access and lost my DnD again. Restored it a regained DnD again. I Hope this can help those who are having the DnD problem.

:)

Justdave, Jul 22, 2015

2. Cannot unping wrong Download Folder from Quick Access

I moved all my User folders to a separate drive by doing the usual Properties on each one and changing the location. It worked like a treat except for most except Quick Access on Desktop and Downloads. Seems there is a bug there in Windows 10.

Anyway, I managed to get Quick Access to remove the errant folders by re-creating the previous folder locations and then simply deleting the folders.

Quick Access noticed and removed them.

Problem solved.

James_5489000, Jul 22, 2015
  3. Quick Access - "Location is not available"

I solved the problem without following steps 1, 2, and 3. The solution is stupidly simple and it doesn't make any difference as to whether the problem item in the Quick Access list is pinned or unpinned.

1. Create the folder in the same path where Quick Access reported it to be unlocatable. The folder will be empty.

2. Delete the folder you just created. The Quick Access item that WAS listed in Quick Access disappears!!

Note that #2 does not remove or delete the item from Quick Access. It deletes the empty folder you just created *from the machine* (i.e., it goes to the Recycle bin) and as a consequence of the deletion, it disappears from the Quick Access list.

KarenMullen, Jul 22, 2015
  4. swarfega Win User

I do prefer the old Favourites over Quick Access.

swarfega, Jul 22, 2015
Thema:

1. Solved...Removal of Quick access and DnD - Similar Threads - Solved Removal Quick

2. File removal from Quick Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File removal from Quick Access: I permanently deleted a file which was located in 'Downloads'. However, it is still getting shown in 'Quick access'. If I try to remove it, it says Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. How can I remove the file from 'Quick access' which is still getting...
  3. Quick Access folder removed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access folder removed: I didn't know how to work with Quick Access and when I saw my file there - I requested file to be removed. Now I can not locate my file anywhere. Where do files go when removed from Quick Access....
  4. How to remove these quick access icons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove these quick access icons?: I've been googling about this and I've found nothing to fix this problem. I don't know how to remove these icons. The one I found on google was just to remove the icons above This PC, not below it. Really appreciate if someone can help me out to get rid of this bug....
  5. Removal of Quick Access - can't do it!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removal of Quick Access - can't do it!: I have tried unsuccessfully using the Windows instruction to remove the "Quick Access" from appearing in my desktop after start-up. The standard method of going into "File Explorer Options" and changing the drop-down from "Quick Access" to "This PC" and unchecking the 2 boxes...
  6. Remove Quick Access for good

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove Quick Access for good: Does anyone know how to remove Quick acess from file explorer when updating a driver? I already removed it from file explorer with Winaero Tweaker but on some occasions it still shows up. 146862
  7. Remove from Quick access

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove from Quick access: You guys have helped me with other technical problems so lets see if anyone can help with this one ! Cannot delete or remove from Quick access the 3 files that say recent files, i have tried uninstalling OneDrive & reinstalling which didn't work ! Any ideas on how to either...
  8. added Quick Access to Taskbar - then removed - now quick access twice

in Windows 10 Customization
    added Quick Access to Taskbar - then removed - now quick access twice: Added Quick Access to Taskbar - then removed - now quick access twice in File Explorer left navigation pane. How to remove the extra? 94546
  9. Removing Quick access from the Navigation

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing Quick access from the Navigation: How do you remove Quick access from the left side of your folders when you have the navigation enabled? I can remove all of the icons under it just fine, but I cannot remove Quick access as a whole. 9281
  10. Removing Quick Access

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing Quick Access: I seem to be having a problem permanently removing the Quick Access option from my Windows 10 Creators Update machine (I also had this issue on the Anniversary Update install before upgrading). I get the following icon randomly appearing on my desktop: [img] and in...