Windows 10: [solved] show all data and folders in explorer, but hide desktop.ini

Discus and support [solved] show all data and folders in explorer, but hide desktop.ini in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hi at all, i wanna know, if there's a possibility to hide "desktop.ini" on desktop, without loosing the visibility off all the folders and data in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Perlchamp, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Perlchamp Win User

[solved] show all data and folders in explorer, but hide desktop.ini

hi at all,
    i wanna know, if there's a possibility to hide "desktop.ini" on desktop, without loosing the visibility off all the folders and data in explorer ?
    many thanks

so long

:)

Perlchamp, Mar 1, 2017

2. [.ShellClassInfo] files on desktop

These lines are contained within C:\Users\Public\Desktop\desktop.ini and C:\Users\username\Desktop\desktop.ini respectively. To hide these files from view go to File Explorer > View tab on ribbon > Options > View tab in Folder Options dialog and:

1. Select Don't show hidden files, folders, or drives

2. Check Hide protected operating system files

RobertJWin, Mar 1, 2017
  3. "This PC" folders are incoherent

Type this in the Address bar:

C:\Users\Xavier\Desktop.ini

This opens the Desktop.ini contents in Notepad. Delete all the lines and save the file.

-or-

Note that this file need not exist under your user profile home directory. To delete the file, enable Folder Options to show all files, and uncheck "hide protected operating system files..." option.

Delete the desktop.ini file. (C:\Users\Xavier\Desktop.ini)

Revert back the Folder Options settings as before.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Mar 1, 2017
  4. [solved] show all data and folders in explorer, but hide desktop.ini

Hi Perlchamp

The desktop.ini is usually a hidden file. I'm going to assume you have hidden files set to "Show".

If you hide hidden files it should disappear.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 2, 2017
  5. Perlchamp Win User
    ... with loosing the visibility of all other systemfiles in explorer (they will be hidden, too) ... sorry, that's not the goal for sure

Perlchamp, Mar 2, 2017
  6. Wullail Win User
    No , it's all hidden files showing or none showing , there is no middle ground.

Wullail, Mar 2, 2017
  7. Perlchamp Win User
    ok, thanks ... i've deleted it yet, so what ;-) ...

Perlchamp, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

[solved] show all data and folders in explorer, but hide desktop.ini

1. [solved] show all data and folders in explorer, but hide desktop.ini - Similar Threads - solved show data

2. Desktop folder in file explorer doesn't show all the shortcuts on the desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop folder in file explorer doesn't show all the shortcuts on the desktop: I have multiple desktop shortcuts on my desktop, but not all of them are showing up in the windows file explorer folder view.I have enabled hidden folders, and have rebooted both the computer and file explorer multiple times.Image: https://ibb.co/n3df39p...
  3. Desktop folder in file explorer doesn't show all the shortcuts on the desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop folder in file explorer doesn't show all the shortcuts on the desktop: I have multiple desktop shortcuts on my desktop, but not all of them are showing up in the windows file explorer folder view.I have enabled hidden folders, and have rebooted both the computer and file explorer multiple times.Image: https://ibb.co/n3df39p...
  4. Desktop folder in file explorer doesn't show all the shortcuts on the desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Not showing desktop folder icon in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not showing desktop folder icon in File Explorer?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RedPlammer [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/wmskhz/not_showing_desktop_folder_icon_in_file_explorer/
  6. Show/Hide Desktop icons

Show/Hide Desktop icons: Is there a keyboard shortcut to hide or show desktop icons? submitted by /u/Deathpact231 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i193tb/showhide_desktop_icons/
  7. Desktop in Explorer not showing all files

Desktop in Explorer not showing all files: For some reason when I access 'Desktop' by using the explorer it's not showing all the files on my desktop, as an example the recycling bin and a shortcut for Adobe Creative Cloud is not showing however it's showing a shortcut for other stuff. When I use "shell:desktop" it...
  8. Explorer doesn't show all my folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer doesn't show all my folders: My Windows 7 computer was just replaced by a Windows 10 machine. I copied my library folders to and external hard drive and then copied them to the new machine. It looked successful in terms of the numbers of files and bytes copied. Today I want to open a folder. I can't...
  9. Desktop INI and Autorun

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop INI and Autorun: So... I have multiple external hdds. I have autoruns on them to generate Labels and Icons. That is working properly. I have multiple sub folders on those hdds. I need 2 different types of Desktop INIs that I cannot seem to get working. **NOT Working** I need the parent on...
  10. [Solved] Hide the Menu bar in the Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    [Solved] Hide the Menu bar in the Explorer: Hello people, so quick and easy: I want to know how to hide the menubar. [img] I appreciate any help. Have a nice day! 85490

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Folders can be seen in Explorer but not in Citrix

2. show all data in explorer