Windows 10: SOLVED: Startup speeds slow

Discus and support SOLVED: Startup speeds slow in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; the windows logo comes, the circle starts. it boots fast; the next time very slow (circle goes on and on, until it starts); the next time fast; the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by miel, Jun 1, 2016.

1. miel Win User

SOLVED: Startup speeds slow

the windows logo comes, the circle starts.

it boots fast; the next time very slow (circle goes on and on, until it starts); the next time fast; the next time very slow..... ???

this is a fresh install of windows 10 pro on a good empty hard drive.

:)

miel, Jun 1, 2016
  2. thegandro Win User

Modem speed change and general slow internet

I am struggling with the same slow speedSOLVED:  Startup speeds slow :( Did you solve it?

thegandro, Jun 1, 2016
  3. Internet conection is very slow on windows 10

Internet conection runs very very slow on windows 10 but at good speed on other devices

How to solve it

sahilshowkat, Jun 1, 2016
  4. jds63 Win User

jds63, Jun 1, 2016
  5. jds63 Win User
    How long has this been happening ? Since upgrade to Windows 10 ? Have you recently added any new drivers or hardware ? Have you ever updated drivers for this laptop ? Tougher when it does not happen all the time to detect. Can be as i said in my first post drivers or software and maybe hardware.

jds63, Jun 2, 2016
  6. miel Win User
    well ill be dammed.

tried everything on the internet and re installed and nothing worked

miel, Jun 2, 2016
  7. jds63 Win User
    Have you updated important system drivers from Toshiba ? As it can be a driver issue, conflict and or hardware issue. Nothing was changed in hardware correct ? Reinstalling windows, how, clean install, refresh ?

Difficult when it is not a constant problem but random. Clean boot or safe mode you can try and eliminates running processes and drivers that maybe conflicting, but not hardware issues.

jds63, Jun 2, 2016
  8. miel Win User

I found out win 10 has a weird 'hibernate' setup, even if you never hibernate !

it must be DISABLED. open a command window and type:

powercfg -h -off

hit enter and then type 'exit' to get out of the command window

done !!!

to jds63: those 'uncheck the box' tricks did not work... the command did. thanks.

miel, Jun 4, 2016
  9. jds63 Win User
    Miel i would of suggested that, but did not know if you ever wanted to use Hibernate as fast startup is only there if you use Hibernate, but was a suggestion to try to stop this issue. So if you never use Hibernate by all means disable it this way of course i knew this, yes.

jds63, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. SOLVED: Startup speeds slow - Similar Threads - SOLVED Startup speeds

2. Download speed for computer slowing down considerably after startup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download speed for computer slowing down considerably after startup.: Hi all!I was having issues with my computer last month and came here for some help. You can see the issues I was having in this post here:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-for-computer-is-fine-for-first-ten/0715a9b2-e246-4cd1-bbac-ba80a2e75b5eI...
  3. Download speed for computer slowing down considerably after startup.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Download speed for computer slowing down considerably after startup.: Hi all!I was having issues with my computer last month and came here for some help. You can see the issues I was having in this post here:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-for-computer-is-fine-for-first-ten/0715a9b2-e246-4cd1-bbac-ba80a2e75b5eI...
  4. Missing Startup Apps and Slow Startup Speed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing Startup Apps and Slow Startup Speed: I'm hoping that someone here may be able to help or point me in the right direction. I noticed a couple of months ago that my list of startup apps has gone completely blank, and around the same time, I also noticed that my computer takes a very long time to become usable...
  5. Missing Startup Apps and Slow Startup Speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Startup Apps and Slow Startup Speed: I'm hoping that someone here may be able to help or point me in the right direction. I noticed a couple of months ago that my list of startup apps has gone completely blank, and around the same time, I also noticed that my computer takes a very long time to become usable...
  6. Missing Startup Apps and Slow Startup Speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. nvme ssd gets very slow write speed solved

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    nvme ssd gets very slow write speed solved: i got 20000 mb of write speed at first but now only 300 mb.samsung 980 proedit:I SOLVED IT kind ofthe thing is: whenever i restart my pc, the drive becomes slow. but if i shut it down and turn it on manually, it works perfectly fine!!!.it may or may not depend on me turning...
  8. Slow Startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow Startup: I have a dell inspiron 3593. It's been a month since I am having it, at first it was working dine but now it is having problems such as blue screen while restarting and the biggest of all it takes too much time in startup. I have tried everything such as using best...
  9. Slow startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slow startup: When I power my PC up it takes a long time before I can do anything without having to wait. I have checked and my 'C' drive is 100% busy for several minutes. What can I do to alleviate having by disk thrashed (and thereby get to being productive without having to wait while I...
  10. Slow startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow startup: Good day to all. I have a Acer Aspire E1-572 Laptop. It's running well on windows 10. The only thing is very slow on startup timed it this morning on a restart it took two min 35 seconds. I have looked on this forum and did find good info tried most of it but no joy. On...