Windows 10: Some apps failing to launch

Discus and support Some apps failing to launch in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This is a repeat of an earlier posting which seems to have a solved tick, when it has not been solved. Any suggestions welcome I had an update to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Staras, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Staras Win User

Some apps failing to launch

This is a repeat of an earlier posting which seems to have a solved tick, when it has not been solved. Any suggestions welcome

I had an update to windows a few days ago. Now some of the apps are not launching. The following work as normal: Settings, calculator, paint, hearts deluxe, witcher 3, Machinarium. Those not working include: Asphalt, flow free, hill climb racing, super golf land - all games from the store. I have tried reinstalling them but to no avail. When I click on one there is a brief flash and the screen reverts to what it was. I have no problems with other programs installed.
    I ran SFC - a few errors were found and reported as repaired.

Ran SFC a second time "Windows did not find any integrity violations"
    Ran DISM - no problems reported
    Ran SFC a final time, no integrity violations.
    The problem with apps not loading remains as it was. The only other thing I have done in the last few days is to use disc cleanup to remove unwanted files on C drive, including "Old Windows"

:)

Staras, Aug 2, 2015

2. Windows 10 Apps failing to launch

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I appreciate the effort made towards trying to fix the issue. Let's try the steps as below and check.

Step 1: Clear the store cache

Press Windows key + R, type wsreset.exe and click
    OK

Step 2: Run System File Checker tool

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Press Windows key + X and click
    Command Prompt (Admin)

Type the following command and press Enter

sfc /scannow

Note: Do not close this Command Prompt window until the verification is 100% complete. The scan results will be shown after this process is finished.

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Resz182 Win User
    Windows 10 Apps failing to launch

Hi

Thanks for the tips there, I've run both but it's made no difference to either of the apps I want to open. Is there anything else I can try before reinstalling Windows?

Resz182, Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

Some apps failing to launch

1. Some apps failing to launch - Similar Threads - apps failing launch

2. Some of my apps wont launch.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some of my apps wont launch.: I've been having many problems with my asus vivobook recently, particularly the fact some of my apps wont launch after I try launch them, this includes microsoft store, intel apps and myAsus. I've tried to launch the apps in many different ways but when i click open nothing...
  3. Some of my apps wont launch.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some of my apps wont launch.: I've been having many problems with my asus vivobook recently, particularly the fact some of my apps wont launch after I try launch them, this includes microsoft store, intel apps and myAsus. I've tried to launch the apps in many different ways but when i click open nothing...
  4. app launch fails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    app launch fails: My client has developed an app, which is supposed to start from an executable EXE. But the app fails to launch on most Windows 10/11 machines not all. Where can we go to get support on this?...
  5. app launch fails

app launch fails: My client has developed an app, which is supposed to start from an executable EXE. But the app fails to launch on most Windows 10/11 machines not all. Where can we go to get support on this?...
  6. Some of my apps and games are not launching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some of my apps and games are not launching: So recently i downloaded Spider-man miles morals and everything were working well until that time then my pc asked me to update my graphic driver and i did through GeForce Experience, then i relaunched it and it worked but my other games and some of my apps stopped launching...
  7. Some of my apps and games are not launching

Some of my apps and games are not launching: So recently i downloaded Spider-man miles morals and everything were working well until that time then my pc asked me to update my graphic driver and i did through GeForce Experience, then i relaunched it and it worked but my other games and some of my apps stopped launching...
  8. App fails to launch - KernelBase.dll error

App fails to launch - KernelBase.dll error: I installed the new GoPro Player app, and I am getting two different errors. The App trys to launch, I can see it in the Task Manager momentarily, then it shuts down, and throws the following errors in Event Viewer....The First is an application error:- <Event...
  9. Apps keep failing to launch ... :

Apps keep failing to launch ... :: Just recently, the Apps I have downloaded from the Microsoft Store and the built in apps such as the Photos app keep crashing on launch ... and you have to re-launch them several times to get them up and running. Is there a quick and easy way of fixing this really annoying...
  10. Built-in apps fail to launch

Built-in apps fail to launch: Not sure which forum to post this in -- since it has to do with apps, trying here. I'm at my wits end with my new Windows 10 laptop! The built-in apps (e.g., Connect, Feedback Hub, Microsoft Store, Movies & TV) show splash screens and then disappear after a couple seconds....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 failing to launch some exe