Windows 10: some buttons no longer work since the upgrade

Discus and support some buttons no longer work since the upgrade in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows finally bullied me into upgrading to Win10 from Win7 yesterday. Now some things that used to be clickable aren't. Like this little window,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by miketv, Nov 19, 2015.

1. miketv Win User

some buttons no longer work since the upgrade

Windows finally bullied me into upgrading to Win10 from Win7 yesterday. Now some things that used to be clickable aren't.
    Like this little window, for example.... nothing on it responds to the mouseovers OR clicks.
    some buttons no longer work since the upgrade [​IMG]

Any advice?

:)

miketv, Nov 19, 2015
  2. DreddArt Win User

Some keys no longer work on keyboard since upgrade to Windows 10

hi

Thanks for your reply.

#I did as you suggested

Device Manager said working

Update driver said had the correct one installed....

So no solution as yet......

DreddArt, Nov 19, 2015
  3. DreddArt Win User
    Some keys no longer work on keyboard since upgrade to Windows 10

Hi

I have resorted to posting here as I have exhausted all the advice I could find and not been able to solve my problem....

I have an acer aspire v3-111P- C19H

I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to 10

Since upgrading to Windows 10 some keys on my keyboard have stopped working.

* `

* Esc

* Tab

* Caps Lock

* Left Shift (right is fine)

* Ctl

* Fn

* q

* \

I have checked all drivers for any updates

I have uninstalled driver

I have tried Hardware/devices troubleshooter

I tried

Method 2

If the above step did not help to resolve the issue, try to download and run the Fixit tool from the link below.

Hardware devices are not working or are not detected in Windows:

http://support.microsoft.com/gp/hardware_device_problems

and got 'page not found'

I am so frustrated having to switch from keyboard to on screen keyboard....

I have seen lots of people seem to have very similar issues ...... is there a working fix for this problem????

Fingers Crossed

thanks

DreddArt, Nov 19, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Uninstall then reinstall Adobe Flash Player?

How do you get to the flash player settings?

Ztruker, Nov 19, 2015
  5. miketv Win User
    Thanks, I'll try that.
    The settings come up when playing some video games on sites like Kongregate, but the screencap is from Duolingo... it pops up to ask permission to use the mic/camera/etc.

I also have this popping up & not responding:

some buttons no longer work since the upgrade [​IMG]

I have to go to the taskbar & right click> close it

miketv, Nov 19, 2015
  6. miketv Win User
    That didn't work. I also replaced AVG with Avast, thinking that might be causing the problem, but it's still happening.

miketv, Nov 19, 2015
  7. miketv Win User
    And I updated my NVidia drivers.
    That didn't work, either.

miketv, Nov 20, 2015
  8. dalchina New Member

Hi, suggest trying with a clean boot and disable all non-essential non- microsoft shell/context menu additions using 'shellexview' (freeware) - make sure you hide MS items before disabling any; to be absolutely safe, create a restore point before doing this- and retry.

Objective: make sure no 3rd party program inherited from your Win 7 installation is causing an issue.

dalchina, Nov 20, 2015
  9. miketv Win User
    I'd rather try diagnosing the problem before committing to a clean install. If anyone has tips on tracking down the problem, I'd really appreciate it.

miketv, Nov 21, 2015
  10. dalchina New Member
    Hi, I'm wondering if you misread, or are you unsure of the difference between a clean boot and clean installation?
    If so, a search engine will help you...
    Good luck

dalchina, Nov 21, 2015
  11. Ztruker Win User
  12. miketv Win User
    miketv, Nov 22, 2015
  13. miketv Win User

So.... I turned off the pointer trails on my mouse, and it kind of works. I have to click buttons a few times before anything registers.
    Any insight as to what might be causing this?

miketv, Nov 22, 2015
  14. I have the same problem since one of the recent automatic updates to Windows installed itself. I am hoping the next update will correct the problem......hopefully someone has found a work around in the meantime

AmatureUser, Jan 11, 2016
  15. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Jan 11, 2016
Thema:

1. some buttons no longer work since the upgrade - Similar Threads - buttons longer since

2. Some keyboard keys no longer work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some keyboard keys no longer work.: Not a hardware issue because all of them temporarily working again at once but don't work anymore. I've tried deleting and reinstalling keyboard drivers, its not working. What else can I do? From what I can tell, this began after a windows update but I can't roll back...
  3. Layout bug on buttons since win11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Layout bug on buttons since win11 upgrade: Hi,I’m having a layout bug on buttons of several windows from different apps : it distorts the text on mouse hover.It’s quite disturbing as I’m losing the ability to read the buttons as soon as the mouse is hovering it it doesn’t come back to normal afterward, unless I...
  4. Layout bug on buttons since win11 upgrade

Layout bug on buttons since win11 upgrade: Hi,I’m having a layout bug on buttons of several windows from different apps : it distorts the text on mouse hover.It’s quite disturbing as I’m losing the ability to read the buttons as soon as the mouse is hovering it it doesn’t come back to normal afterward, unless I...
  5. Taskbar buttons no longer work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar buttons no longer work: Hi guys, I really need help, when I click on any of the buttons in the right hand corner of my task bar e.g. battery logo, wifi, volume or calendar/time nothing at all happens. Its made it impossible for me to do certain things, such as change wifi networks. I've tried doing...
  6. Taskbar buttons no longer work

Taskbar buttons no longer work: Hi guys, I really need help, when I click on any of the buttons in the right hand corner of my task bar e.g. battery logo, wifi, volume or calendar/time nothing at all happens. Its made it impossible for me to do certain things, such as change wifi networks. I've tried doing...
  7. Taskbar buttons no longer work

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Having some problems since upgrading to 10...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having some problems since upgrading to 10...: I use my TV as a monitor. Resolution was way off since before I upgraded to 10, but circumvented it by scaling the text extra large. Now since upgrading, everything is too big. Text is blurry, icons too big, task bar goes below where I can see. I went to display settings...
  9. Start button not working and upgrade.

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button not working and upgrade.: Running Windows 10 Home which was upgraded from Windows 7. Lenovo Laptop G50 i5 2.4GHz. Standard, no peripherals running, just a USB mouse. Locale Australia Version 1809 OS build 17763.1039 Avast antivirus free. First the Start button generated a Critical error whenever I...
  10. Mute button LED no longer working?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mute button LED no longer working?: I installed the latest Windows updates and now the LED on my F6/Mute key doesn't work. The key functions just fine and it is NOT a hardware issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated....