Windows 10: some control keys (CTRL + c,v,t) not working...

Discus and support some control keys (CTRL + c,v,t) not working... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, Some of ctrl shortcuts with left control are suddenly not working anymore, like ctrl v,c,t but they are working with the right control key. They... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Abdul MoizFarooq, Aug 15, 2018.

1. some control keys (CTRL + c,v,t) not working...

Hi,

Some of ctrl shortcuts with left control are suddenly not working anymore, like ctrl v,c,t but they are working with the right control key. They were working a few days ago. Also, ctrl z and x are working (with both left and right) so left control key IS working physically (on-screen keyboard also show the key being pressed).

A few random keys with left shift are also not responding like shift+5 and some others (seems absolutely random). Currently using Windows 10.

What I already tried (and failed, obviously):

• troubleshooter for keyboard
    • checked it in Safe Mode
    • uninstalled the keyboard driver (from device manager) and restart the computer
    • updating the keyboard driver (from device manager)
    • updating windows
    • signing out and creating a new account
    • resetting the BIOS to default
    • reinstalled the whole windows!!

Although the shortcuts are working with an external keyboard.

Please Help me I have tried many things but none are working... And I can't keep using the external keyboard, and these shortcuts not working is super frustrating!!! HELP!!!

:)

Abdul MoizFarooq, Aug 15, 2018

2. some control keys (CTRL + c,v,t) not working...

Hi,

Some of ctrl shortcuts with left control are suddenly not working anymore, like ctrl v,c,t but they are working with the right control key. They were working a few days ago. Also, ctrl z and x are working (with both left and right) so left control key
    IS working physically (on-screen keyboard also show the key being pressed).

A few random keys with left shift are also not responding like shift+5 and some others (seems absolutely random). Currently using Windows 10.

What I already tried (and failed, obviously):

• troubleshooter for keyboard
    • checked it in Safe Mode
    • uninstalled the keyboard driver (from device manager) and restart the computer
    • updating the keyboard driver (from device manager)
    • updating windows
    • signing out and creating a new account
    • resetting the BIOS to default
    • reinstalled the whole windows!!
    Although the shortcuts are working with an external keyboard.

Please Help me I have tried many things but none are working... And I can't keep using the external keyboard, and these shortcuts not working is super frustrating!!! HELP!!!

Abdul MoizFarooq, Sep 25, 2018
  3. some control keys (CTRL + c,v,t) not working...

I am using a laptop: Sony VAIO SVF15218SGB

I know it's old, but it was working perfectly until now...

I should also emphasize that only a few (which seems random) shortcuts are not working, others are working perfectly... when left CTRL is pressed alone, its working fine, and same is with all other keys (c,v)

So, what type of hardware repair does it need and what type of motherboard issue can it be??

Abdul MoizFarooq, Sep 25, 2018
  4. some control keys (CTRL + c,v,t) not working...

CTRL+C/X/V Not working some control keys (CTRL + c,v,t) not working... :(

Hi, I hope someone can help me out.

A few days ago, some of my keyboard shortcuts stopped working for me. As far as I know, the only shortcuts that refuse to work with me are:

• ctrl + c
    • ctrl + x
    • ctrl + v
    • ctrl + z
    • ctrl + t (this one used to work until literally just now while I was testing it)
    I don't think that this is a hardware issue because (oddly enough), the following keyboard shortcuts DO work.

• ctrl + w
    • ctrl + n
    • ctrl + p
    • ctrl + d
    I have already uninstalled my keyboard drivers and restarted my computer several times.

This problem affects me across Firefox, Chrome, Line...

The only thing of note that happened to me before this started happening is that Firefox updated and kicked my old data into a folder on my desktop.

I desperately hope that someone can help me out; my googling so far has been fruitless.

I am using an HP ENVY 15 Laptop...

vectorsmash, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

some control keys (CTRL + c,v,t) not working...

1. some control keys (CTRL + c,v,t) not working... - Similar Threads - control keys CTRL

2. ctrl+c & ctrl-v not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ctrl+c & ctrl-v not working: hellorecently ctrl+c and ctrl+v have tended to stop working a lot, it's really annoying, i've tried most of what i can find on the internet after a while and nothing seems to be workingthings i've tried:-updating keyboard drivers-uninstalling keyboard drivers-ensuring that...
  3. ctrl+c & ctrl-v not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ctrl+c & ctrl-v not working: hellorecently ctrl+c and ctrl+v have tended to stop working a lot, it's really annoying, i've tried most of what i can find on the internet after a while and nothing seems to be workingthings i've tried:-updating keyboard drivers-uninstalling keyboard drivers-ensuring that...
  4. ctrl+c & ctrl-v not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. CTRL+C or CTRL+V works only when both CTRL keys and C/V is pressed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CTRL+C or CTRL+V works only when both CTRL keys and C/V is pressed: Hi, I accidently changed some settings for my CTRL keys on keyboard. Now, the common CTRL+C or CTRL+V are performed only when I press both CTRL keys +C or V. Both CTRL keys are working fine. I pressed some combination of ALT, CTRL and FN keys. Anyone knows the solution to go...
  6. CTRL+C or CTRL+V works only when both CTRL keys and C/V is pressed

CTRL+C or CTRL+V works only when both CTRL keys and C/V is pressed: Hi, I accidently changed some settings for my CTRL keys on keyboard. Now, the common CTRL+C or CTRL+V are performed only when I press both CTRL keys +C or V. Both CTRL keys are working fine. I pressed some combination of ALT, CTRL and FN keys. Anyone knows the solution to go...
  7. CTRL + C and CTRL + V Not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CTRL + C and CTRL + V Not working.: Alright, so. My I can't copy things using CTRL + C and I can't paste things with CTRL + V. I do not have Microsoft word or any Office program on my PC. My keyboard is the HyperX Alloys Core RGB. I have tried resetting my keyboard FN + ESC for HyperX Alloys Core RGB . I have...
  8. CTRL + C and CTRL + V Not working.

CTRL + C and CTRL + V Not working.: Alright, so. My I can't copy things using CTRL + C and I can't paste things with CTRL + V. I do not have Microsoft word or any Office program on my PC. My keyboard is the HyperX Alloys Core RGB. I have tried resetting my keyboard FN + ESC for HyperX Alloys Core RGB . I have...
  9. ctrl + c ctrl + v not working

in Windows 10 Support
    ctrl + c ctrl + v not working: Some time ago ctrl c and v stopped working. I've exhausted most searches for a solution and tried everything I saw with no luck. Can anyone here help? 177975
  10. Ctrl C , Ctrl V Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ctrl C , Ctrl V Not Working: So i was using my pc normally and for no reason my Ctrl C and Ctrl V stopped working i tried searching and someone told me to reinstall my keyboard driver and reset i did it and it worked for 5 seconds and after it stopped working again so i dont know what to do please help...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. me of ctrl shortcuts with left control are suddenly not working anymore