Windows 10: Some Control Panel options are not indexed

Discus and support Some Control Panel options are not indexed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro on my desktop with all updates installed. I like to use Cortana to quickly get to settings and apps, but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by astonius, Sep 6, 2015.

1. astonius Win User

Some Control Panel options are not indexed

I have a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro on my desktop with all updates installed. I like to use Cortana to quickly get to settings and apps, but I noticed for some reason I can't find every system setting via Cortana. For example, searching for "updates" on my wife's laptop brings up "Check for updates" and takes her to Windows Update, but when I search for "updates" on my desktop it only finds web results. Even doing a search for "updates" from within the system settings window doesn't find the setting.

After some searching I believe I've found the problem. The indexing for settings search appears to be in this folder: C:\Users\{user}\AppData\Local\Packages\windows.immersivecontrolpanel_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Indexe d\Settings\en-US. When I search for "updates" in this folder on my desktop there are no results, but on my wife's laptop there is a result for "Check for updates." It appears my index is missing several features for some reason. How can I fix this? Does rebuilding the index from the advanced Indexing Options also rebuild the system settings index or is there a separate process for this?

:)

astonius, Sep 6, 2015
  2. Linney Win User

Search doesn't show results from my D:\ drive until I click "My stuff"

Are your Indexing Options set to cover your D: Drive data?

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Indexing Options.

Linney, Sep 6, 2015
  3. Indexing Options in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items

Hi Barb,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

FavoriteDlg refers to the favorite dialog in the locations.

Thanks.

SujataMoktan, Sep 6, 2015
  4. astonius Win User

I found the solution myself. Rebuilding the index from advanced Indexing Options and restarting fixed the problem.

astonius, Sep 13, 2015
Thema:

1. Some Control Panel options are not indexed - Similar Threads - Control Panel options

2. I am blocked from some control panel options with the message - some settings are managed...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am blocked from some control panel options with the message - some settings are managed...: I am using Windows 10 Home on my own privately owned PC. I have logged into some of my corporate (job) accounts such as Office 365 to check my mail from my home PC. Now I find that many options in my control panel have been blocked from me with the message: *some...
  3. Control panel power options missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Control panel power options missing: If I go into the power plans menu in control panel and create a power plan, I can only make it off the balanced plan, and it's missing a few advanced options....
  4. Some options in Control Panel are still in Chinese after changing the system language to...

Some options in Control Panel are still in Chinese after changing the system language to...: Hi all My Lenovo laptop was shipped with a Chinese version of Windows 10 installed. I had changed the system language to English but after updating to Windows 10 Version 1809, it reverted back to Chinese. Therefore, I changed it to English again. After restarting my laptop,...
  5. control panel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    control panel: I have intel g41 wddm 1.1 driver...can't open gfxui.exe(control panel)...does this driver really dont have a control panel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/control-panel/2fce9ea9-337e-454c-aaa1-edabd069e404
  6. Control panels options have blue highlights

Control panels options have blue highlights: Some time back, I tried out a couple of themes before deciding that none of them suited me. I then uninstalled the themes and UXStyle but my control panel still looks semi-themed.. I would like to remove the highlights behind the options. EDIT: I found out that other user...
  7. Cannot click on some links on Control Panel

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot click on some links on Control Panel: Hi, I was about to change my Wi fi settings, to detect my working Internet, when suddenly I clicked Wi Fi button the whole control panel freezed. I used task manager to terminate it. Later, some links couldn't work, for example, I needed to press "change adapter settings" for...
  8. control panel

in Windows 10 Support
    control panel: I have 10130 and am surprised to still have the control panel, although the icon has changed. Has anyone still got theirs? 7093
  9. Control Panel

in Windows 10 Support
    Control Panel: Hi Where did the Control panel option do? I had an update today and I use to be able to right click the start menu to get to the control panel and I just went to access the CP to turn something off and the CP option is missing from the right click menu on the start button....
  10. control panel options greyed out

in Windows 10 Support
    control panel options greyed out: when trying to use control panel most options are greyed out or do not respond 23266