Windows 10: Some Control Panel options are not indexed

Discus and support Some Control Panel options are not indexed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro on my desktop with all updates installed. I like to use Cortana to quickly get to settings and apps, but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by astonius, Sep 6, 2015.

1. astonius Win User

Some Control Panel options are not indexed

I have a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro on my desktop with all updates installed. I like to use Cortana to quickly get to settings and apps, but I noticed for some reason I can't find every system setting via Cortana. For example, searching for "updates" on my wife's laptop brings up "Check for updates" and takes her to Windows Update, but when I search for "updates" on my desktop it only finds web results. Even doing a search for "updates" from within the system settings window doesn't find the setting.

After some searching I believe I've found the problem. The indexing for settings search appears to be in this folder: C:\Users\{user}\AppData\Local\Packages\windows.immersivecontrolpanel_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Indexe d\Settings\en-US. When I search for "updates" in this folder on my desktop there are no results, but on my wife's laptop there is a result for "Check for updates." It appears my index is missing several features for some reason. How can I fix this? Does rebuilding the index from the advanced Indexing Options also rebuild the system settings index or is there a separate process for this?

:)

astonius, Sep 6, 2015
  2. Linney Win User

Search doesn't show results from my D:\ drive until I click "My stuff"

Are your Indexing Options set to cover your D: Drive data?

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Indexing Options.

Linney, Sep 6, 2015
  3. Indexing Options in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items

Hi Barb,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

FavoriteDlg refers to the favorite dialog in the locations.

Thanks.

SujataMoktan, Sep 6, 2015
  4. astonius Win User

I found the solution myself. Rebuilding the index from advanced Indexing Options and restarting fixed the problem.

astonius, Sep 13, 2015
Thema:

1. Some Control Panel options are not indexed - Similar Threads - Control Panel options

2. Sleep option locked in control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep option locked in control panel: Hi everyone, I recently just purchased a windows 11 key and for some reason no matter what I try, i cant seem to activate my sleep button option in the power settings. I have researched a bit and most of the articles just tell me to go into the control panel, then select the,...
  3. Sleep option locked in control panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep option locked in control panel: Hi everyone, I recently just purchased a windows 11 key and for some reason no matter what I try, i cant seem to activate my sleep button option in the power settings. I have researched a bit and most of the articles just tell me to go into the control panel, then select the,...
  4. sleep option missing in control panel?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sleep option missing in control panel?: So I just recently had to do a clean of my computer using the RefreshWindowsTool a friend told me about. After doing so I seem to have lost my sleep option. I went to the control panel to re-enable the feature but the option was outright missing as seen in the photo below....
  5. Line In Option in Control Panel Uninstalled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Line In Option in Control Panel Uninstalled: Hello, I recently was trying to use an app on my iPhone in order to use it as my microphone for my Windows 10 Lenovo Laptop. I was in the control panel under sound and in the recordings tab, the line in option was there but it wasn't using the right audio device so while...
  6. Language option is missing in control panel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language option is missing in control panel: Why can't find language option in windows 10 1803 version?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-option-is-missing-in-control-panel/beeeaf7a-ee39-449d-906e-84b654df537a
  7. No 'Microphone' option in Control Panel.

No 'Microphone' option in Control Panel.: I'm not sure why, because as far as I'm aware, the Microphone setting should always be on the control panel however when I went to check mine Because I bought a new headset and need to connect my microphone to it it wasn't there. I figured it would just be disabled and all I...
  8. Relevance of Internet Options in control panel?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Relevance of Internet Options in control panel?: We often used "Internet options" in control panel in the age of IE. but since IE is dead now, are these options still relevant? I have feeling only some of the options are relevant, but which ones? any why are these internet options still present in control panel anyway?...
  9. Control panel power options missing

Control panel power options missing: If I go into the power plans menu in control panel and create a power plan, I can only make it off the balanced plan, and it's missing a few advanced options....
  10. control panel options greyed out

in Windows 10 Support
    control panel options greyed out: when trying to use control panel most options are greyed out or do not respond 23266