Windows 10: some .exe files hang

Discus and support some .exe files hang in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In the last 48 hours, some .exe files do not execute. If started from explorer, explorer hangs. No error messages. These files run on another Win 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zephyrus, Dec 31, 2015.

1. zephyrus Win User

some .exe files hang

In the last 48 hours, some .exe files do not execute. If started from explorer, explorer hangs. No error messages. These files run on another Win 10 machine. Nothing obvious in the event viewer. I note that *.exe file cannot be deleted when the system is in this state. I must reboot to regain access to the .exe file. sfc /scannnow shows no errors.

Any suggestions?

:)

zephyrus, Dec 31, 2015
  2. maxim__s Win User

Cannot move .msi files from Downloads folder

Downloaded some .MSI files from the websites via Edge

Trying to move it from the Downloads folder (by drag-and-drop) shows the progress window and hangs on "Calculating..."

Copy works fine.

After the move, all subsequent move attempts, as also deletes, do hang. This includes "del xxx.msi" from the admin command line.

Logoff/logon back does not solve the issue. Reboot is required.

This only occurs with .msi files.

.exe files (also installer packages) work fine.

maxim__s, Dec 31, 2015
  3. swap_kum Win User
    .exe files taking forever to open

I reinstalled Windows 10 1709 and started experiencing a problem - .exe files were taking forever to open. Restarting the system would solve the problem for a few minutes and then again I wouldn't be able to open .exe files.

Sometimes the file explorer hangs up when the .exe is run with Administrator privileges.

Is it a bug or something is wrong with the OS?

swap_kum, Dec 31, 2015
  4. zephyrus Win User

some .exe files hang

Turned out to be my anti virus program, Avast Free.

zephyrus, Dec 31, 2015
Thema:

some .exe files hang

1. some .exe files hang - Similar Threads - exe files hang

2. why is there a g infront of some .exe files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is there a g infront of some .exe files?: so i looked it up and i found i had a malware called ground.exe, how do i get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-there-a-g-infront-of-some-exe-files/b5ef8b6e-28bc-43d8-9e4c-db27ecdf12e5
  3. why is there a g infront of some .exe files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is there a g infront of some .exe files?: so i looked it up and i found i had a malware called ground.exe, how do i get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-there-a-g-infront-of-some-exe-files/b5ef8b6e-28bc-43d8-9e4c-db27ecdf12e5
  4. .exe files and some apps wont open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    .exe files and some apps wont open: suddenly from yesterday some of my apps wont open .Spotify app is not opening, zoom and skype tooI tried uninstalling some recent apps that I had installed but uninstall was not working even control panel wasn't opening i opened safe mode and control panel and remove a...
  5. .exe files and some apps wont open

.exe files and some apps wont open: suddenly from yesterday some of my apps wont open .Spotify app is not opening, zoom and skype tooI tried uninstalling some recent apps that I had installed but uninstall was not working even control panel wasn't opening i opened safe mode and control panel and remove a...
  6. Help! Some exe files aren't working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! Some exe files aren't working: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/maerieysue [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l0xz5v/help_some_exe_files_arent_working/
  7. cant run some exe files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cant run some exe files: I am trying to run an .exe file. It was working fine the other day, then all of a sudden it quit opening. It acts like it is opening, but doesn't. It doesn't come up in the task manager. The file i am trying to use is Autodesk.Aec.Content.CatalogEditor.exe. Some exe...
  8. Some .exe and .jar files wont run.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some .exe and .jar files wont run.: First i got Minecraft.jar which works at school but not at home it keeps on saying what do you want to use to run this. Then i got infiniminer.exe tried to run it and the same thing happened. Please help....
  9. Cant open some .exe files

Cant open some .exe files: I cannot open some .exe files in my desktop, even if i try open it in her folder, strange some apps open and some dont. The pop up says: "Windows cannot find "C: .exe" Make sure the name was typed correctly" [img] [img] 80284
  10. Impossible to starts some exe files!

Impossible to starts some exe files!: hello everyone, I need help as I have tried all of what i have found in this and other forums, whitout any success. Since a week icant start some exe files and i dont know why only some! i have appleied what was described in Restore Default File Type Associations in...