Windows 10: Some folders not showing on shared drives on network

Discus and support Some folders not showing on shared drives on network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; It may be buried in here somewhere but thought I'd throw this out there just in case or to help folks that haven't found a solution here. I was having... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dartman, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Dartman Win User

Some folders not showing on shared drives on network

It may be buried in here somewhere but thought I'd throw this out there just in case or to help folks that haven't found a solution here.
    I was having trouble suddenly with several folders shared between my win 7 and 10 boxes. As far as I know they had worked before and suddenly I was getting you need permission errors from the 7 to 10 box, and at least one from the 10 to 7 box.
    Poked around here, looked at my security settings, tried a few things but nothing worked. Then I remembered that some folders need a Everyone box with at least the basic 3 permissions set. I checked a working folder and it had Everyone with all boxes checked, checked a non working one and Everyone was not there. Pretty sure it HAD been there but it wasn't now, added it to all the bad folders and now both boxes are again happily sharing the drives and folders I picked again.
    Like I said it's probably already in here somewhere but a good reminder for anyone having weird file sharing problems with only a few folders, yet all the others work.*092

:)

Dartman, Feb 21, 2016

2. How do I remove a child folder from a network share?

I'm attempting to share my iTunes Media folder but I only want the Music, Movies and TV Shows folders to appear in the network share without it displaying the other folders (e.g. Automatically Add to iTunes). I'm then going to map this as a network drive
    on my other computers so that my media collection can be accessed (read-only) by anyone on the network. I have separately shared the Automatically Add to iTunes folder so that I can add to iTunes from my laptop. So my question is:

How do I share a parent directory but exclude some of its children from the share OR how do I share multiple folders in the the same share?

Thanks for any help.

stellatois, Feb 21, 2016
  3. garyrocco Win User
    Home Wifi networking to access other computers, laptops.

I go to Network. Click on it and Network shows all computers and their drives on the network. I click on one of them and it opens the folder for a drive. When I click on the individual folders on the drive they all come back with an error message: "Cannot
    access.....etc. Does not have permission contact Administrator"

I have clicked all the network sharing dialog boxes on the remote computers as instructed, but still does not share.

What am I doing wrong?

garyrocco, Feb 21, 2016
Thema:

Some folders not showing on shared drives on network

1. Some folders not showing on shared drives on network - Similar Threads - folders showing shared

2. Shared folders on network drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shared folders on network drive: I have tried and still cannot delete shared folders on my network drive. I uploaded 4 screen shots. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shared-folders-on-network-drive/d0e3243e-712b-48c9-8c11-76d17b7568d0
  3. Shared folders on network drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shared folders on network drive: I have tried and still cannot delete shared folders on my network drive. I uploaded 4 screen shots. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shared-folders-on-network-drive/d0e3243e-712b-48c9-8c11-76d17b7568d0
  4. Shared folders on network drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Network Share folder vs Mapping drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network Share folder vs Mapping drives: Difference between network shared and mapping a drive ? An explanation would be much appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-share-folder-vs-mapping-drives/bf3c629b-63e9-4a45-bff6-db7e656fd84e
  6. Share tab missing for folder in network drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Share tab missing for folder in network drive: Hi all,Need help. Tried the methods listed below in the previous thread but to no avail.Also tried to check if {f81e9010-6ea4-11ce-a7ff-00aa003ca9f6} is blocked but only have approved and cached only in my registry.Anyone has a solution?Thanks in advance.Method 1: Registry...
  7. Windows networking shared folders not showing up

Windows networking shared folders not showing up: We have a home networking router (Netgear Nighthawk R7000P) setup with 3 PCs (2 are Win 10 Home, 1 is Win 7 Home) connected with ethernet, two Win 10 Home laptops connected via wifi. Here is the current state of affairs, under Explorer>Network: The Dell Win 7 PC can see all...
  8. Network Drive shared folder inconsistency

Network Drive shared folder inconsistency: Hi MS Community, I'm totally new to Network Drive or any kind of sharing drive world, I have a lot of questions to ask but here I want to be specific. So, some IT guy set up a network drive for my company and there're a crash few weeks ago. After restore from...
  9. Mounting a Folder as shared network drive

Mounting a Folder as shared network drive: Hi there not sure if it's me or has W10 changed the way you mount network drives I used to be able to add say HDD2/Music as a "Network drive" on say Z. Now it seems I can only mount HDD2 as a network drive. (I.e top level directory rather than one of the subfolders - in...
  10. Desktop won't show Networked Shared Folders

Desktop won't show Networked Shared Folders: nvm apparently there were two problems that had nothing to with each other 1. being network was discoverable by just typing "\\Server Name" and 2. SMB1 being disabled(need for Kodi but probably gonna disable again and update to new version that uses SMB2) Thx..me lol Hi...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 network sharing not showing