Windows 10: Some games advice?

Discus and support Some games advice? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have got a few quid to spend on some steam and/or origin games. There are some games I'd like to try but some of them have sequels. I know sequels... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Scottyboy99, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Some games advice?

I have got a few quid to spend on some steam and/or origin games. There are some games I'd like to try but some of them have sequels. I know sequels don't necessarily mean better. I only really want to one version of that type of game so I just wondered what you guys thought was the best one to go for out of ...

company of heroes 1 or 2
    the sims 3 or 4 (for my wife)
    Bioshock 1, 2 or Infinite
    Borderlands 1 or 2 or I think there is a prequels version too

other games I heard were really good were 'Her Story', '80 Days', 'the Escapists 2', 'Prison Architect' and 'We Happy Few'. I read the steam reviews but seems like have to wade through lots of garbage comments and am not entirely sure they are accurate representation. Also are there any games out there like 'Grand Prix Legends' as that was a classic but it's really old and from what I understand extremely difficult to make it run on windows 10

i can probably only get 3 or 4 of these and it might be a long time before I can think about getting other games so wanted to get it right.

thanks
    Wayne

:)

Scottyboy99, Aug 26, 2017
  2. Marek St. Win User

Games App Not Showing-up Some Games

Hi Ahmed M. Elmoghazy.

Thank you for posting on the forum.

I understand that some of the games that you have installed on your WIndows Phone device do not show up in the Games App.

When it comes to the to the Games that are available from the Windows Phone Store,

only the ones that are Xbox Live Compatible will show up in your collection in the Games App and within the achievements included in the Games App too.

My advise in this situation would be to contact the respective games developers for clarification.

Thank You,

Marek.

Marek St., Aug 26, 2017
  3. Games App Not Showing-up Some Games

Hi

I did a hard reset on my Lumia 1520 Denim, after installed Windows 8.1 "UPDATE 2" from Windows Insider App.

I was downloaded most of large sizes games on my work pc and I put them on my SD card then installed them from the store app, the problem now is some games not shown in GAMES app, games like beach buggy racing are playable and can be found on the menu BUT
    not shown in GAMES app, any idea?

Ahmed M. Elmoghazy, Aug 26, 2017
  4. Some games advice?

Bioshock 1 and 2 for sure, it is the game with a story. 3 is a bit insane, but it is OK.
    But you try to get the original, remaster crashes all the time, if you can run it all.

This webpage shows deals and bundles, you can import your wishlist.
    It will send you an email, if there are any: IsThereAnyDeal.com

This is a comparison web for steam key sales: allkeyshop.com

TairikuOkami, Aug 26, 2017
  5. Ok thank you. I will definitely take a look.

Scottyboy99, Aug 26, 2017
  6. empleat Win User
    empleat, Oct 12, 2017
  7. That is some good advice guys. I ended up downloading bioshock series on steam so will look to play them if the wife ever lets me. Plus I got company of heroes 2. One more game I used to like was dungeon keeper. I see similar modern day games exist in the shape of Dungeons plus Dungeons 2 and 3, anyone ever played any of these?

Scottyboy99, Oct 12, 2017
  8. empleat Win User

Some games advice?

I played company of heroes, but i dislike it, tanks shoot infantry and crater appears under them and still they are almost undamaged.
    And your unit control doesn't always decide who wins the fight, it is random.
    And since they added brits, there is building, in which are camping mortarts and you have nothing to deal with this, if you didn't bought brits as well.
    I prefer starcraft, i am playing starcraft remastered currently and have much fun, but there are long wait time since game is almost dead, something like 500 players on eu.

empleat, Oct 13, 2017
  9. elbeasto Win User
    CoH2 is a harsh mistress! But it can be very rewarding in team MP games.

elbeasto, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Some games advice?

1. Some games advice? - Similar Threads - games advice

2. Graphics Driver Update Advice for Gaming Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics Driver Update Advice for Gaming Laptop: Hi,I have a Lenovo Gaming laptop L340-17IRH Gaming Laptop ideapad - Type 81LL, Windows 11 and unfortunately my games are unable to load due to the EA App coming up with an error message saying that the games can't run with the video card in this system. To solve this, I want...
  3. Graphics Driver Update Advice for Gaming Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphics Driver Update Advice for Gaming Laptop: Hi,I have a Lenovo Gaming laptop L340-17IRH Gaming Laptop ideapad - Type 81LL, Windows 11 and unfortunately my games are unable to load due to the EA App coming up with an error message saying that the games can't run with the video card in this system. To solve this, I want...
  4. Advice on SSD/NVME Drives for Gaming Laptops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advice on SSD/NVME Drives for Gaming Laptops: Hi, I wondered if anyone would be able to help me regarding the best kind of SSD drives for gaming laptops please for someone who is bad with technology! I have a Lenovo laptop L340-17IRH Gaming Laptop ideapad - Type 81LL and am using Windows 11, and I'm really low on...
  5. Advice on SSD/NVME Drives for Gaming Laptops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Advice on SSD/NVME Drives for Gaming Laptops: Hi, I wondered if anyone would be able to help me regarding the best kind of SSD drives for gaming laptops please for someone who is bad with technology! I have a Lenovo laptop L340-17IRH Gaming Laptop ideapad - Type 81LL and am using Windows 11, and I'm really low on...
  6. Running into error trying to install game. Can't find any advice

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Running into error trying to install game. Can't find any advice: Ran into this issue consistently, I've tried deleting the 1033.mst file multiple times, including with the cmd but each time am told 'access denied'. Please help....
  7. Failed install of Xbox app game left undeletable files WindowsApps. Any advice?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Failed install of Xbox app game left undeletable files WindowsApps. Any advice?: There is a 30 gb file under the WindowsApss folder that belongs to Dragon Quest XI that I uninstalled several months ago, and I'm certain because after trying several programs to remove it I only managed to remove some registries off the computer and they still referenced the...
  8. Advice on maximising performance on this low end pc for one single game (Clone hero)?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Advice on maximising performance on this low end pc for one single game (Clone hero)?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/silentwandererr [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ka7bfu/advice_on_maximising_performance_on_this_low_end/
  9. New-build gaming PC blue screens BSOD - Advice appreciated.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New-build gaming PC blue screens BSOD - Advice appreciated.: Hi, Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I recently built a new gaming PC but unfortunately it has suffered from blue screen problems while gaming since day one. The most frequent error codes I get are IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION with the...
  10. Need some Good Free Games from MS Store :D Need advice..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need some Good Free Games from MS Store :D Need advice..: Do you guys know some Good, Free-to-Play, Multiplayer (included) Action, FPS, Adventure Games.. From the MS Store and Virus-free, + Good community when i need Help or Advice​ *Biggrin Any recommendations are Welcome! I've run most games on Intel HD Graphics 2500...