Windows 10: Some games don't allow 'run as administrator'?

Discus and support Some games don't allow 'run as administrator'? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; One of my wife's games won't run so I told her to right-click & choose 'run as administrator'. That's my 'go-to' diagnostic tool to see whether the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by pchelp, Nov 29, 2016.

1. pchelp Win User

Some games don't allow 'run as administrator'?

One of my wife's games won't run so I told her to right-click & choose 'run as administrator'. That's my 'go-to' diagnostic tool to see whether the game actually won't run or if it's a permissions thing.

Surprise! 'Run as administrator' isn't an option for this game. Instead it has 'run with graphics processor' option. I checked the Advanced properties & 'run as administrator' is disabled there, too. I've heard of programs that you *shouldn't* run as administrator but this is the first time I've heard of one that you *can't* run as administrator.

Can anybody explain this? Thanks.

:)

pchelp, Nov 29, 2016

2. temple run and some games

hi mate,

you don't know that for sure, as for example, Asphalt 7 recently came with an update that allowed it to play on devices with only 512MB RAM which are the 520, 620 and 720. it is up to the developer, and with the recent spade of gaming titles that have come
    to Windows Phone, i would expect to see more games coming sooner rather than later, for not only 1GB handsets but 512MB ones too.

adrianhughesNSD, Nov 29, 2016
  3. heulaup Win User
    temple run and some games

This is not going to happen. It took ages for the developers to produce an OLD version of Temple Run for WP8. They are not going to produce a special version to run on 620, 520. I'm afraid it will be the same with all other HD games.

heulaup, Nov 29, 2016
Thema:

Some games don't allow 'run as administrator'?

1. Some games don't allow 'run as administrator'? - Similar Threads - games don't allow

2. BSOD when running some games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when running some games.: I ran the dmp file through WinDbg and this is what I got:Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.25200.1003 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\Minidump\050323-7156-01.dmp]Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack...
  3. Allowing a child some administrative abilities in family safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Allowing a child some administrative abilities in family safety: Hi all,I recently set up Windows 11 for my son using family safety. It's nice because I am able to monitor his activity and lock the computer at times but he uses a music program called FL Studios and he on occasion needs to download certain things which require...
  4. Allowing a child some administrative abilities in family safety

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Allowing a child some administrative abilities in family safety: Hi all,I recently set up Windows 11 for my son using family safety. It's nice because I am able to monitor his activity and lock the computer at times but he uses a music program called FL Studios and he on occasion needs to download certain things which require...
  5. Windows 11 won't allow run as administrator option on my administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 won't allow run as administrator option on my administrator account: I'm logged in as an administrator and run as administrator is greyed out when trying to use compatibility options.Nitro 5 an517-54 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-wont-allow-run-as-administrator-option/1a790dd1-e996-45eb-a039-ac18035ed7e0
  6. Windows 11 won't allow run as administrator option on my administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 won't allow run as administrator option on my administrator account: I'm logged in as an administrator and run as administrator is greyed out when trying to use compatibility options.Nitro 5 an517-54 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-wont-allow-run-as-administrator-option/1a790dd1-e996-45eb-a039-ac18035ed7e0
  7. Some applications don't run Help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some applications don't run Help: Yesterday I was using my device, and I decided to turn it off to go to sleep. the next one I noticed that the logo on some programs did not appear and when I try to open it, it doesn't happen. it doesn't give any mistake or anything, and truthfully, I need to solve this,...
  8. Game for windows live don't run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game for windows live don't run: I can't install Game for windows live on my new PC windows 10 and as a result I can't launch Fallout 3 and other game that requires game for windows live, why ? how to solve that ?...
  9. Allow program to run without administrator privileges

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Allow program to run without administrator privileges: I have a program that I want a user in my "users" group to be able to run, but I don't want to put the user in the "Administrators" group. The program currently requires elevation to run. Can I remove this? I have given the "users" group full control of the folder that the...
  10. Some games don't launch on PC Game Pass

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some games don't launch on PC Game Pass: I joined Gamepass Ultimate Beta after E3 presentation. I downloaded some games and some of them work and others just flashes the launch screen for a second and stops. No error message and no explanation at all. Void Bastards, Halo: Spartan Strike, Hollow Knight or Into the...