Windows 10: Some games don't allow 'run as administrator'?

Discus and support Some games don't allow 'run as administrator'? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; One of my wife's games won't run so I told her to right-click & choose 'run as administrator'. That's my 'go-to' diagnostic tool to see whether the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by pchelp, Nov 29, 2016.

1. pchelp Win User

Some games don't allow 'run as administrator'?

One of my wife's games won't run so I told her to right-click & choose 'run as administrator'. That's my 'go-to' diagnostic tool to see whether the game actually won't run or if it's a permissions thing.

Surprise! 'Run as administrator' isn't an option for this game. Instead it has 'run with graphics processor' option. I checked the Advanced properties & 'run as administrator' is disabled there, too. I've heard of programs that you *shouldn't* run as administrator but this is the first time I've heard of one that you *can't* run as administrator.

Can anybody explain this? Thanks.

:)

pchelp, Nov 29, 2016

2. temple run and some games

hi mate,

you don't know that for sure, as for example, Asphalt 7 recently came with an update that allowed it to play on devices with only 512MB RAM which are the 520, 620 and 720. it is up to the developer, and with the recent spade of gaming titles that have come
    to Windows Phone, i would expect to see more games coming sooner rather than later, for not only 1GB handsets but 512MB ones too.

adrianhughesNSD, Nov 29, 2016
  3. heulaup Win User
    temple run and some games

This is not going to happen. It took ages for the developers to produce an OLD version of Temple Run for WP8. They are not going to produce a special version to run on 620, 520. I'm afraid it will be the same with all other HD games.

heulaup, Nov 29, 2016
Thema:

Some games don't allow 'run as administrator'?

1. Some games don't allow 'run as administrator'? - Similar Threads - games don't allow

2. Task Manager & some windows settings need to run as administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Manager & some windows settings need to run as administrator: 1. can't open Task manager normally(tried ALT+CTRL+DEL, Winkey+R taskmgr, WinKey+X Taskmanager etc.) 2. tried sfc/scannow, dism checkHealth,restoreHealth 3. Some settings also need admin permission [ATTACH]...
  3. Some games don't launch on PC Game Pass

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some games don't launch on PC Game Pass: I joined Gamepass Ultimate Beta after E3 presentation. I downloaded some games and some of them work and others just flashes the launch screen for a second and stops. No error message and no explanation at all. Void Bastards, Halo: Spartan Strike, Hollow Knight or Into the...
  4. Windows run as Administrator don't tile, cascade, or stack side by side.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows run as Administrator don't tile, cascade, or stack side by side.: When I do the cascade, stack or side-by-side from right clicking on the task bar, it ignores any windows running as administrator. This happens in both Server 2016 and Windows 10. Is there any way to make these windows tile like regular windows? In this screenshot I had...
  5. Run as Administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Run as Administrator: At boot up prior to my default person login can I log in as administrator and where do you sing in? Also every time I do the NET USER function for administrator when it reboots the only people I see at boot up are the two people with accounts. Where is administrator?...
  6. Running a Application as Administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Running a Application as Administrator: How do you change a shortcut to run the application as the Administrator ? Currently I right click the shortcut and then click run as administrator. Thanks...
  7. Administrator wont allow any updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Administrator wont allow any updates: Hi. Thanks for having me. I'm at my wits end. My Laptop is new and has Windows 10 already installed. It was recommended as A Games Laptop as I run Train Simulations. I've been getting Updates for my graphics card which worked fine at first. Now when I click the box that has,...
  8. Can't run as Administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't run as Administrator: NEED HELP. Cant run anthing as administrator bought this computer today also wont let me run cmd (admin) so that i can change my account to admin access. 80613
  9. Not Running as Administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not Running as Administrator: Hey all, anyone experiencing issues with Running as Administrator ever since the last W10 update? To overcome a printing error in Final Draft I have to run the program as administrator, but ever since the last update, the program simply doesn't start after I hit "Yes"...
  10. Running Commands as an Administrator

in Windows 10 Support
    Running Commands as an Administrator: I've just downloaded my Windows 10 upgrade and can't send mail through Outlook 13. On a forum I was told to run the sfc command but when I tried, I was told that I'm not an administrator. Mine is the only account on my PC, so surely I must be. Help please! 16164