Windows 10: Some Good Tips for Excel

Discus and support Some Good Tips for Excel in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I don't know how many times I've needed to know a percentage, but couldn't remember the formula. This came up today, so I thought I should share it... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Wynona, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Wynona Win User

Some Good Tips for Excel

Wynona, Jan 16, 2018
  2. DKamensek Win User

Possible to create a rule in outlook to move all SMS messages that are sync to outlook to a sub folder?

This worked for me! Excellent tip, thanx!

Regards,

Dejan

DKamensek, Jan 16, 2018
  3. Can anyone recommend a good source for Basic Tips for Windows 10?

My parents are upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and are NOT tech savy. They are both in their 70's and NOT patient at all. So I need something that is very basic. They mainly use the computer for Internet, a few games and some word processing.
    I'm not sure what kind of information I need to provide you to help clarify this.

If there is a video source with basic navigation tips that would probably be best. Since they both learn best by seeing it rather than reading. I could try to show them but I get very frustrated with them and if I try and get frustrated then I know that's
    going to make them less likely to want to use it and it's going to go downhill from there.

I've been searching all morning for something but all the links I've found have been too advanced and I'm sure you tech wizards that are always helping us less techy people probably have these things (or know where to get them) Some Good Tips for Excel :)

Thanks so much for any help you can provide.

naivebelle, Jan 16, 2018
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Some Good Tips for Excel

I had been looking for something just like that. Thanks for posting it!

f14tomcat, Mar 22, 2018
  5. Wynona Win User
    Yes, and we need to carry this one forward with more tips. There's still a lot I have to learn about Excel and Word.

Wynona, Mar 22, 2018
  6. Like to think of myself as knowing my way around a spreadsheet. But once again, I learned something form this community. Thanks for this one.

Wiley Coyote, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Some Good Tips for Excel

1. Some Good Tips for Excel - Similar Threads - Tips Excel

2. Windows 10 SpotLight "Like what you see option" missing also tips and fun facts is missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 SpotLight "Like what you see option" missing also tips and fun facts is missing: Hello, I am running windows 10 pro 1903 OS build :18362.267 Like what you see option of windows 10 is not showing i tried alot of steps after reading previous posts however nothing seems to work i believe issue occured after latest windows 10 update image is stuck and...
  3. How to uninstall Tips App in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to uninstall Tips App in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft offers a Get Started or Tips app which helps a new Windows user become aware of the operating system, and its features. However, this app is of no use for veteran users, and even if you uninstall, it doesn’t [...] This post How to uninstall Tips...
  4. Two tray tip questions (make silent; make non-animated)

in Windows 10 Support
    Two tray tip questions (make silent; make non-animated): Hello 1. Is there a way to make tray tips (and other notifications in the system tray) silent? I run some AutoIt scripts that utilise the system tray for progress reporting, but with Windows 10's notification sounds I'm constantly bombarded with beeping. 2. Is there a way...
  5. Update 1903 in Tips Featured - "Create a Theme" Where? Find?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Update 1903 in Tips Featured - "Create a Theme" Where? Find?: Kia ora everyone Windows just sent me update 1903. While I was perusing through one of the tips queues I came across this tip under "personalisation" in regards to themes (please regard image). The lighter-hued colours sort of remind me of the dynamic themes that Sony and...
  6. Your "TIPS" page says "this link needs to be opened with an application" and it asks me to...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Your "TIPS" page says "this link needs to be opened with an application" and it asks me to...: Im on you microsoft tips page and every time I try to open anything a window opens called "Launch application" and says "this link needs to be opened with an application" and it asks me to choose an application! I'm just trying to view recomended t-shooting on how to keep my...
  7. disable windows 10 tips on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    disable windows 10 tips on startup: I have Windows 1903 - 64 bit installed. Ever since the 1903 update, whenever I boot my laptop, I get the large windows box talking about various tips and what's new in windows 1903. I have disabled windows tips in the notification settings but still I get this box when I boot...
  8. Bookmark Tip: Windows Release Information by Microsoft

in Windows 10 News
    Bookmark Tip: Windows Release Information by Microsoft: Microsoft published a new support page on its Docs website that provides administrators and users with information about known issues and fixed issues for Windows. The page, which is titled Windows 10 release information, includes information for Windows 10, Windows Server,...
  9. Spring Refresh of System 2019--Any Tips or suggestions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Spring Refresh of System 2019--Any Tips or suggestions: Hello All Tomorrow afternoon suppose to have arrival of my very first Western Digital black storage drive (1tb) anyways due to issues with resorting images on system (some reason everytime I restored an image, it drops from Windows 10 Pro currently using, to Windows 10...
  10. Ipod Touch issues TIP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ipod Touch issues TIP: I just wanted to share my experience with the Ipod Touch issue; mine would not syncronize.. the sync option was greyed out and I just couldn't transfer my mp3's from my Itunes to my Ipod.... I have disabled my Firewall and that did the trick... guess you could just enable it...