Windows 10: Some help with power management?

Discus and support Some help with power management? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Any reason why i don't got this option under power management Processor performance core parking min cores? I only got: Maximum processor frequency,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by OxtailSnail, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Some help with power management?

Any reason why i don't got this option under power management Processor performance core parking min cores?

I only got: Maximum processor frequency, minimum processor state, system cooling policy, maximum processor state.

:)

OxtailSnail, Sep 28, 2017

2. Rolling back to Windows 7 from Windows 10, then back to 10 when support for 7 ends.

1. Go back to Windows 7 or go back to the previous build?

2. Did you purchase the refurbished computer on 10 January, first use it on 10 January, or did the refurbisher (I assume) "install" Win10 on 10 January?

3a. Where did you purchased the refurbished computer?

3b. Do you know who refurbished it?

4. What Windows 10 Version & OS Build is currently installed?

Press & hold the Windows Key and press the R
    key. In the RUN dialog, type WINVER and press the Enter key.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comments:

• IMHO you can't trust the security of any used computer unless & until YOU have formatted the HDD & then done a clean install of Windows (or paid someone - not the supposed "refurbisher" - to do it for you).
    • Mom's prolly better off sticking with Win10. Learning new stuff is good for her! <wink>

We purchased the computer from a Comprenew store on January 18, but the date on the OS install was January 10. We just activated the software on the 18th. Comprenew recycles old electronics etc. and is a certified Microsoft refurbisher. I am not positive
    which build is installed, but I can find it when I get over there. It looks like we have lots of help here to figure things out... all is tremendously appreciated. And... yes....it is good for her to learn new stuff, so we are trying to encourage her to
    learn the "new" Windows OS. We'll see what happens. Thanks again! Some help with power management? :) Oh yeah, I do need to double check if it says go back to Windows7 or previous build...thanks for that. I've been looking at too many computers lately... can't remember which one says
    what. :[

Need some help with..., Sep 28, 2017
  3. Rolling back to Windows 7 from Windows 10, then back to 10 when support for 7 ends.

Hi, thanks for your answer. So, at the point we decide to go back up to Windows 10, will we be able to download it from Microsoft's website, or is there another way? Should we make some sort of backup of her current hard drive? or... ??? Thanks tons again!

Need some help with..., Sep 28, 2017
  4. Dude Win User

Some help with power management?

5. OxtailSnail, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Some help with power management?

1. Some help with power management? - Similar Threads - help power management

2. Help regarding processor power management in windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help regarding processor power management in windows.: Yesterday, I installed ThrottleStop and changed power plan in it to high performance. The processor started running around 4.3 ghz. Then I set it to balanced the processor came back to between 1 to 2.2 ghz. The problem was that now it won't go beyond 2.28 ghz even it is turbo...
  3. Help regarding processor power management in windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help regarding processor power management in windows.: Yesterday, I installed ThrottleStop and changed power plan in it to high performance. The processor started running around 4.3 ghz. Then I set it to balanced the processor came back to between 1 to 2.2 ghz. The problem was that now it won't go beyond 2.28 ghz even it is turbo...
  4. Help regarding processor power management in windows.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Power Management

in Windows 10 Support
    Power Management: My power management is set to sleep/turn off display after 30 minutes of inactivity, whilst plugged in. When I watch catch up TV e.g. QuestTV on dplay.co.uk the laptop goes to sleep (black screen) after 30 minutes, whilst the programme is still running. I do not consider...
  6. Help: "Some settings are managed by your organization"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help: "Some settings are managed by your organization": Out of nowhere, this popped up on my updates screen and won't let me update. I noticed some strange things since updating to 2004, maybe it's a coincidence, but here is what has happened thus far: 1) Microsoft Teams magically installed on my computer and decided to boot up...
  7. Power Management

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power Management: I have migrated from a company-managed PC to my own now HP Omen - is it possible to close the lid without shutting down the machine? I'd like to continue to use it with wireless keyboard, mouse, and external screen. Is it even a good idea to do this?...
  8. Power management

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power management: There is a power regulator which has three modes. It disappeared and now I can't find any other way to fix it. How can I restore the power management to get back the power regulator...
  9. Windows Power Manager or Manufacturer Power Manager ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Power Manager or Manufacturer Power Manager ?: I got to realize windows implemented its own battery power manager , it is set on "Best Performance" while I already have a manufacturer battery power manager that is installed but two years old (Early 2016) that reports being up to date set on "Balance Mode" , now i am...
  10. Power management?

in Windows 10 Support
    Power management?: When I change the power management to never turn the screen off on my desktop the setting is back to 15 minutes when the Pc is restarted. On my laptop I don't have this problem and I can't find a setting in the BIOS which can be the cause? I use build 10586.11 64 bit....