Windows 10: some hotkeys are not working

Discus and support some hotkeys are not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; some of the hotkeys like camera f6 key, flightmode f7 key, microphone f8, key isn't working after win 10 update and also when I press the hotkey its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rahman Raheem, Aug 7, 2018.

1. some hotkeys are not working

some of the hotkeys like camera f6 key, flightmode f7 key, microphone f8, key isn't working after win 10 update

and also when I press the hotkey its logo is not displaying

:)

Rahman Raheem, Aug 7, 2018
  2. John Vil Win User

My Windows 10 HotKeys Wont Work

Hi,

There may be several reasons why the hotkeys stopped working after the upgrade. We suggest you to run the hardware troubleshooter to resolve your concern. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.

Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Aug 7, 2018
  3. Laptop hotkeys not working [windows10]

I used this method and get solution for wifi keys problem on windows 10 on Me HCL laptop.

I suggest you to try installing Hotkeys driver.

Follow these steps after install the drivers check if that helps.

• Download the keyboard drivers and hot fix (PHotkeys) driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Install driver on your system
    • Go to Path of installed driver Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Troubleshoot comparability’.
    • On the ‘Test Compatibility settings for the program pop up windows’ open and click the box ‘Test the program’ Once this is done, check if the issue persists.

bipinlimbasiya, Aug 7, 2018
  4. some hotkeys are not working

Microsoft designer hotkeys not working after sleep

I have the same problem, and been present until the last three monthly updates. The keyboard has been working well before and after this updates the keyboard stop working when i press the hotkeys and is unresponsive for 15 keystrokes, after this 15 keystrokes
    the keyboard come to work again until you press hotkeys again. Mi keyboard was replaced and the new keyboard have the same issue. I try with another Windows 10 PCs and is the same issue. I try too with the drivers of manufacturer, the drivers directly of Intel
    and with the drivers installed for Windows 10 Device Manager.

When the keyboard was paired with the pc the keyboard works well and the hotkeys works fine, after some time or after a reboot the hotkeys stop working and stay in this state until the keyboard was removed and paired again.

In advance I tried with:
    Another PCs (3)

A variety of drivers

Another Designer Bluetooth Keyboard
    Talking with Microsoft Support

Cesar Armando, Aug 7, 2018
Thema:

some hotkeys are not working

1. some hotkeys are not working - Similar Threads - hotkeys are working

2. Game hotkeys not working and instead it uses keyboard hotkeys.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game hotkeys not working and instead it uses keyboard hotkeys.: Basically, in every game I play the hotkeys for f1-f9 dont work because my keyboard has special hotkeys for them such as turning up brightness or lowering volume etc. i want to make it so that my computer prioritizes the game hotkeys instead of the keyboard hotkeysheres a...
  3. Game hotkeys not working and instead it uses keyboard hotkeys.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game hotkeys not working and instead it uses keyboard hotkeys.: Basically, in every game I play the hotkeys for f1-f9 dont work because my keyboard has special hotkeys for them such as turning up brightness or lowering volume etc. i want to make it so that my computer prioritizes the game hotkeys instead of the keyboard hotkeysheres a...
  4. Shortcut/HotKey for Application Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcut/HotKey for Application Not Working: I recently learned that I can assign a specific hotkey to open up an application such as "ctrl + alt + s" to open Spotify. However, when I attempt to use the hotkey I have assigned for Microsoft Edge, it will not work. I have to go in, reassign the hotkey, and then, until I...
  5. Some hotkeys not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some hotkeys not working: I have an Asus vivobook that has hotkeys available and can be activated by pressing the fn+desired key. Recently, the shortcut fn + f7 for screen off and fn + f9 shortcut for disabling touchpad is not working. Other functions such as fn + f5,f6 for adjusting brightness and fn...
  6. Some fn hotkeys not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some fn hotkeys not working: So I recently changed the hard drive on my laptop to an ssd, but since I did that some of my fn hotkeys don't work anymore, but some other do. For example the volume/brightness up and down work just fine, but pause/play, next, prev and stop don't work Is there any way to fix...
  7. Several hotkeys are not working

Several hotkeys are not working: My microphone, camera, and airplane mode hot keys do not work. (f4,f7,f8). The f# part works fine, it's the hotkey part that does not work. I have tried updating and reinstalling the drivers, but to no avail. Factory resetting does not work either. The microphone and camera...
  8. Some of my hotkeys stopped working while Chrome is open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some of my hotkeys stopped working while Chrome is open: Some of my hotkeys stopped working while Chrome is open. I installed ATK package and turned arrow buttons into hotkeys for the music. But they don’t work when Chrome is running. At the same time the keys F1-F12 are working. They are also hotkeys. I use Asus laptop, Windows 10...
  9. Hotkeys not working properly.

Hotkeys not working properly.: Asus r542uq windows 10 pro build 17763.107 My laptop has hotkeys on the f1-f12 keys and on the arrow keys. I have ATK package installed which manages the hotkeys. Now after startup, all the hotkeys on f1-f12 work properly, although the ones on the arrow keys (music...
  10. Media HotKey Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media HotKey Not Working: This is my only gripe since upgrading to windows ten. Itunes no longer loads when I press my media key on my keyboard. I've set it in the default apps but nothing, i've tried setting it to open other apps but nothing still. The other hotkeys, i.e. the calculator, work...