Windows 10: Some Icons Greyed Out in Shell:Appsfolder

Discus and support Some Icons Greyed Out in Shell:Appsfolder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just upgraded my laptop to 1803 and I've been reviewing all my programs and Apps in Shell:Appsfolder. Some of the Apps icons (e.g. Camera, Calendar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Steve C, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Steve C Win User

Some Icons Greyed Out in Shell:Appsfolder

I just upgraded my laptop to 1803 and I've been reviewing all my programs and Apps in Shell:Appsfolder.

Some of the Apps icons (e.g. Camera, Calendar & Calculator are greyed out when large icons or tiles are selected but they display fine when small icons are chosen - see screenshots below. The Apps work OK and the same issue occurs in all user accounts. I deleted the icon cache file and tried resetting & reinstalling the offending Apps to no avail. Sfc / scannow runs OK.

What causes this and is there a fix? Perhaps it's a bug?

Some Icons Greyed Out in Shell:Appsfolder [​IMG]

Some Icons Greyed Out in Shell:Appsfolder [​IMG]

:)

Steve C, Jun 22, 2018

2. missing shell icons registry

hi, i have tried to modify the folder icon so that whenever i create a new folder, the icon will automatically changed to the one I have set.

but i cant find the shell icons registry.

any1 can help me on this?

thanks in advance.

or is there any other method to change the folder icon?

silverwing, Jun 22, 2018
  3. BXtreme Win User
    Accident with vista shell icons...

well, I was downloading nVidia wallpapers, and wrongly thought the dektop and theme file. Then, autorunned, told want to apply or not, then said ur running NT 4.0 or smthing and did something bad to my icons, hung up and blam my beautiful vista icons are now Nvidia my comp. icons *Stick Out Tongue Some Icons Greyed Out in Shell:Appsfolder :p pls any1 remedy to this ?
    P.S This is'nt Vista's fault, a minor nVidia fault/ or my fault...
    But need to repair vista icon shell, any proggie or remedie ? or i have to get a backup shell from any1 here ?

BXtreme, Jun 22, 2018
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Power Icon Missing: System Icon Greyed out - Windows 10

Hi Katrina,

The system icon may have encountered a corruption that caused this issue. For us to help you with this concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• Can you please tell us some troubleshooting steps that you've performed while fixing the blue screen issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the registry or bios?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far for this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you try to restart the Windows Explorer process to refresh the taskbar icons. Kindly follow the steps below:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and select Task Manager.
    • On the Processes tab, look for the Windows Explorer process and select it.
    • Click the Restart button at the bottom right corner of the Task Manager window.
    • After the Windows Explorer process has been restarted, check the notification area on the taskbar and see if the battery icon is visible.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Xylee Del, Jun 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Some Icons Greyed Out in Shell:Appsfolder - Similar Threads - Icons Greyed Shell

2. Why are some Start menu icon groups greyed out?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are some Start menu icon groups greyed out?: Hi. There are two parts to this question about the Start menu icon groups.1. Why won't it let me move the TextPad icon bottom left into the gap in the gap in the icon group above it?2. Why have several icon groups all apart from Misc and Games suddenly greyed-out?And how can...
  3. Why are some Start menu icon groups greyed out?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why are some Start menu icon groups greyed out?: Hi. There are two parts to this question about the Start menu icon groups.1. Why won't it let me move the TextPad icon bottom left into the gap in the gap in the icon group above it?2. Why have several icon groups all apart from Misc and Games suddenly greyed-out?And how can...
  4. Why are some Start menu icon groups greyed out?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Battery icon is greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery icon is greyed out: I want to see my battery icon to keep on trackm but after some time it will go out and if I check the settings it is greyed out. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-icon-is-greyed-out/9481ac50-05a4-4cdf-9e5e-430d2967ed75
  6. Battery icon is greyed out

Battery icon is greyed out: I want to see my battery icon to keep on trackm but after some time it will go out and if I check the settings it is greyed out. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-icon-is-greyed-out/9481ac50-05a4-4cdf-9e5e-430d2967ed75
  7. battery icon greyed out!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    battery icon greyed out!: I want the battery icon active in my task bar but it always disappear once in a while and comeback. I tried checking settings to make sure it is on, but it is already on. Everytime it went missing, and I check the settings, it will no longer available and greyed out. How to...
  8. Windows 10 Some Start menu icons greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Some Start menu icons greyed out: Some of my start screen icons have turned grey Not sure what is going on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-some-start-menu-icons-greyed-out/0612f1af-5c10-41c7-be6b-1295bfd0a9df
  9. Shell:Appsfolder: Some Icons Greyed Out

Shell:Appsfolder: Some Icons Greyed Out: I just upgraded my laptop to 1803 and I've been reviewing all my programs and Apps in Shell:Appsfolder. Some of the Apps icons (e.g. Camera, Calendar & Calculator) are greyed out when large icons or tiles are selected but they display fine when small icons are chosen - see...
  10. Windows 10 Some Start menu icons greyed out

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Some Start menu icons greyed out: Some of my start menu icons appear greyed out, although I can still click on them and they work fine, just wondering if anybody knows how to fix it, have already tried sfc /scannow no errors found Also tried rebuilding icon cache as per here How to reset the icon cache...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. explorer shell:appsfolder cahnges icon