Windows 10: Some installed Programs not listed in Programs and Features...

Discus and support Some installed Programs not listed in Programs and Features... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Some (3, out of maybe 20) of my installed Programs, all working perfectly well, are not listed in Control Panel -> Programs and Features. Any ideas... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Peter B, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Peter B Win User

Some installed Programs not listed in Programs and Features...

Some (3, out of maybe 20) of my installed Programs, all working perfectly well, are not listed in Control Panel -> Programs and Features.

Any ideas on how to rectify this, please?

Thank you.

:)

Peter B, Sep 7, 2015
  2. coke Win User

Installed programs are not listed under Programs and Features in Control Panel on Windows 10

Easy to understand problem: A program was installed. it is known to execute by executing it. The program is not on installed programs and features. So it can not be uninstalled or modified.

coke, Sep 7, 2015
  3. Installed programs are not listed under Programs and Features in Control Panel on Windows 10

Hello Ballarpad,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

• Which programs are not listed under Programs and Features?
    • Are you able to see and access those programs on your PC? Like going to
      Start /> All apps
      on desktop?
    • Is this happening with all Installed applications or programs?
    We're happy to help you. But we're unable to guide you with the information you have provided herewith.

Give us more details to assist you better in this regard.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Sep 7, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

Some programs do not really "Install" by using normal installation process by writing entries in the Registry and so don't show up as uninstallable. "Portable programs" are an example. If they don't have Uninstall.exe (or similar file) in it's folder, you can just delete folder and shortcut.

CountMike, Sep 8, 2015
  5. Peter B Win User
    Thank you CountMike...they were 'proper' Programs, originally installed via their .exe files.

As a last resort, I re-installed them (I couldn't uninstall them because they didn't appear anywhere) and they now appear in their correct place within the Programs and Features section of Control Panel.

Still not sure why though...

Peter B, Sep 8, 2015
  6. Well I have about 200 Programs installed, 380 with Steam Games.....about 30 showing in Programs. So it is cute you only have a few Exes to reinstall and are happy. This is still a weird Problem to have all these hidden Program installs showing in Uninstallers and not showing in Program lists in Windows 10 or using Start 10. Erased lists of installs. Must hunt and find Installed Software to run.

The INTEROCITOR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Some installed Programs not listed in Programs and Features... - Similar Threads - installed Programs listed

2. This Pic Collage program is not in the list of Programs and Features in the control panel...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This Pic Collage program is not in the list of Programs and Features in the control panel...: Because I think there was a leftover where the app would hang, so I just wanted to perform a clean uninstall.But then the revo program I installed couldn’t detect that program. Why?Hope to get help. Thanks in advance....
  3. Some programs not showing in programs and features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some programs not showing in programs and features: Hi somedays ago i turned off my laptop and next day when i turned it on and i wanted to uninstall Adobe Photoshop but it was not listed in the programs and features. and there are some other programs that are not showing in the list.And yeah after that day my Laptop isn't...
  4. Some programs not showing in programs and features

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some programs not showing in programs and features: Hi somedays ago i turned off my laptop and next day when i turned it on and i wanted to uninstall Adobe Photoshop but it was not listed in the programs and features. and there are some other programs that are not showing in the list.And yeah after that day my Laptop isn't...
  5. Some programs not showing in programs and features

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. unknown listings in Control>Programs and Features?

in Windows 10 Customization
    unknown listings in Control>Programs and Features?: Are these 3 legitimate items newly listed in control panel>programs/features? 1. Cyberlink Power Director 14 1/30/3021 2. Cyberlink Power Director 14 1/30/2021 3. Team Viewer 2/10/21...
  7. Programs not listed in Programs and Features after Windows Reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Programs not listed in Programs and Features after Windows Reset: I just reset my PC with the option "Keep my Files" but after the reset, I can see some of the apps still installed on my PC which are working but don't get listed under 'Apps & Features' nor in appwiz.cpl How do I get these a list of all these apps?...
  8. MS Office not showing on the installed list in Programs and Features

MS Office not showing on the installed list in Programs and Features: My Windows 10 system does not show MS Office (2016 v.1811 - which is activated and I use regularly) in the installed list under Programs and Features. I have reviewed online help which seems to indicate I have to uninstall and reinstall. I did not purchase install media....
  9. Lots of programs are missing from the Programs & Features list

Lots of programs are missing from the Programs & Features list: Just noticed when I was about to upgrade one of my applications by starting to uninstall the current version that it wasn't no longer in the list of installed programs and lots of other programs are gone too. Did some Google searching for this problem and noticed I was far...
  10. Uninstall or change a program (Some installed apps not listed) !

in Windows 10 Support
    Uninstall or change a program (Some installed apps not listed) !: I just wonder why some of my apps are not listed there?! I also tried "apps and features" from settings and still some of my installed software don't show up there either! Even tried with 3rd party uninstaller program (Revo) and still no trace of these installed software!...