Windows 10: Some keyboard keys stopped working after windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support Some keyboard keys stopped working after windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, After upgrading my Dell Inspiron 15 3521 to windows 10, my number keys stopped working. I have updated the touchpad and keyboard drivers but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fallenhrts, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Some keyboard keys stopped working after windows 10 upgrade

Hi,
    After upgrading my Dell Inspiron 15 3521 to windows 10, my number keys stopped working.
    I have updated the touchpad and keyboard drivers but they are still not working.
    If someone could help out that would be great! Thanks

:)

fallenhrts, Aug 16, 2015
  2. AbelRoy Win User

Due to some issue the 'enter' key in my keyboard stopped working. I uninstalled the keyboard driver hoping to fix the issue. But after a restart the whole keyboard stopped working.

*original Title: Keyboard driver unintstalled by accident.

I own a Lenovo Ideapad Y510p laptop recently upgraded to Windows 10 from windows 8.

Due to some issue the 'enter' key in my keyboard stopped working. I uninstalled the keyboard driver hoping to fix the issue. But after a restart the whole keyboard stopped working. Please tell me what to do to get back that driver.

AbelRoy, Aug 16, 2015
  3. keyboard not working after upgrading notebook to Windows 10

I upgraded my asus notebook (x102ba) windows 8.1 to Windows 10. Everything worked fine after upgrade but after few hours suddenly keyboard of notebook stopped working. onscreen keyboard is working. in device manager/keyboard shows driver is updated and
    working. Please suggest me some solution.

AnilSharmaMS, Aug 16, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

Some keyboard keys stopped working after windows 10 upgrade

Just to clarify, are you talking about the key pad on the right end of the keyboard? I have 2 Inspiron 15R and see the same issue. On one I did a Registry edit to let Windows save the last start, NumLock On, and seems to turn it on when restarting. I think the solution is on this forum.

Berton, Aug 16, 2015
  5. It's the number keys above the alphabets, only numbers 5 and six are working

fallenhrts, Aug 16, 2015
  6. Berton Win User
    Has the Notebook been worked on? Do any of those keys work if holding down the Shift key? Have you used compressed air to blow out any crud that may be blocking the keys?

It's not expensive nor hard to replace the keyboard, usually can find a video or step-by-step articles on the 'net.
    Amazon shows a new keyboard:
    Amazon.com: Dell Inspiron 15 (3521 / 5521) Laptop Keyboard - YH3FC - Genuine Dell Part: Computers Accessories

Berton, Aug 16, 2015
  7. It hasn't been worked on and it was working fine just before the upgrade

fallenhrts, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Some keyboard keys stopped working after windows 10 upgrade

1. Some keyboard keys stopped working after windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - keyboard keys stopped

2. Some keyboard keys stop working randomly on windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some keyboard keys stop working randomly on windows: I have Dell inspiron 7577 laptop which was working without issues.. a few months ago some keyboard keys numpad 1,4,5,7 have stopped working completely..And yesterday keys F12 and numpad / also stopped.. I thought there was some problem with the hardware.. but today I booted a...
  3. Some keyboard keys stop working randomly on windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some keyboard keys stop working randomly on windows: I have Dell inspiron 7577 laptop which was working without issues.. a few months ago some keyboard keys numpad 1,4,5,7 have stopped working completely..And yesterday keys F12 and numpad / also stopped.. I thought there was some problem with the hardware.. but today I booted a...
  4. Upgrading to windows 11 stopped some keys working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading to windows 11 stopped some keys working: The shift keys and numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 9, & 0 stopped working on my HP Pavillion laptop when I upgraded to windows 11. I have tried solutions displayed on many online forums about keys not working for example re-installing keyboard drivers.Reverting back to windows 10...
  5. Upgrading to windows 11 stopped some keys working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading to windows 11 stopped some keys working: The shift keys and numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 9, & 0 stopped working on my HP Pavillion laptop when I upgraded to windows 11. I have tried solutions displayed on many online forums about keys not working for example re-installing keyboard drivers.Reverting back to windows 10...
  6. Some keyboard keys stop working sometimes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some keyboard keys stop working sometimes: Hi, so my issue is that some of the keys on my keyboard which are six, five, volume up same button as f2, mute same button as f1, Control, and the squiggly one don't work when I press them. Sometimes they will work, and when one of them does, usually all of them start to....
  7. Some keys on my keyboard stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some keys on my keyboard stopped working: A few keys C, N, alt, space, backspace, etc. stopped working and at first i thought it might just be a broken keyboard so i bought a new one but the problem happened again. I managed to fix it for a day by updating my pc but then a day later the problem starts happening...
  8. Some of keys doesnt work after upgrade windows 10

Some of keys doesnt work after upgrade windows 10: Hello, iam Allen.. so after upgrade windows 10, some of keys in my laptop Asus A455l W, R, T, U, O, P and ENTER not function and i do everything like clean the keyboard, install reinstall the keyboard device but still not working and i do keyboard troubleshooter too it said "...
  9. Some Keyboard keys suddenly stopped working!

Some Keyboard keys suddenly stopped working!: Hi there, Some Keyboard keys suddenly stopped working on my laptop 2 days ago and I couldn't fix it and currently writing this post using on-screen keyboard. I've tried the following and it didn't work: Troubleshooter. Updating, uninstalling, drivers and even downloaded...
  10. Keyboard stops working after some time

Keyboard stops working after some time: Hello. Yesterday I upgraded my Widnows 7 Ultimate x64 to Windows 10. Everything worked fine, but I noticed that my keyboard (PS/2) stops working after some time (for example after 15min after system start). I have to restart my pc in order to make it work again. I updated...