Windows 10: some keys on dell keyboard not working

Discus and support some keys on dell keyboard not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello a child was playing on dell E 6410 keyboard when the laptop was off now some some keys like space bar, enter and return are not working, any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gremar, Oct 16, 2017.

1. gremar Win User

some keys on dell keyboard not working

Hello a child was playing on dell E 6410 keyboard when the laptop was off
    now some some keys like space bar, enter and return are not working, any idea how to fix them please.
    thank you

:)

gremar, Oct 16, 2017

2. some keys on keyboard not working

I would try a different keyboard, e.g. one borrowed from a friend.

Frederik Long, Oct 16, 2017
  3. Some keys not working on my keyboard

Thank you for performing the troubleshooting steps given.

If the issue is not resolved, we suggest placing your PC in Safe Mode. Using safe mode means you start Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers.

Refer to this article:
    Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10
    and follow the steps under From Settings or
    From the sign-in screen. Make sure to perform Safe Mode not the Safe Mode with Networking.

Once done and the issue still continues, you may perform a clean boot. A clean boot is used to start your device using a minimal set of drivers. It helps reduce software conflicts that occur when you run a program or install an update. Check
    this
    link
    and choose Windows 10 under How to perform a clean boot to start the troubleshooting process.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Oct 16, 2017
  4. fireberd Win User

If they were messed with when the Laptop was powered off it has to be a hardware failure (damage) of the laptop keyboard. In that case the only remedy is to replace the keyboard.

fireberd, Oct 16, 2017
Thema:

1. some keys on dell keyboard not working - Similar Threads - keys dell keyboard

2. some keyboard key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    some keyboard key not working: after moving to windows 11, some of my laptop keyboard key is not working e, n,7,8,U,h. im not sure if the os caused this. but when i restart the laptop, the key listed above works for a few minutes and then error again. i already try to find tutorial but i cant find it. i...
  3. some keyboard key not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    some keyboard key not working: after moving to windows 11, some of my laptop keyboard key is not working e, n,7,8,U,h. im not sure if the os caused this. but when i restart the laptop, the key listed above works for a few minutes and then error again. i already try to find tutorial but i cant find it. i...
  4. Some keys on keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some keys on keyboard not working: My computer updated to the latest version of Win 10 last night. 2023-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 and 2023-11 Cumulative update for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.8 and 4.8.1 for Windows 10 Version 22H2.Since logging on this morning my arrow keys and the enter key...
  5. Some keys on keyboard not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some keys on keyboard not working.: The keys `,1, tab, a, z are not working on my keyboard. I have a Lenovo IdeaPad S145 Windows 11. Keyboard driver has already been updated. Sometimes it works and most of the time it doesn't. It has been happening for almost a month now. I need help....
  6. Some keys of keyboard is not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some keys of keyboard is not working?: Can you send the update for my keyboard because the laptop keyboard some keys are not working i think your PS/2 keyboad driver is old and now it giving problem please fix it. Specific the enter button , space button , backspace button now it giving the problem for 2 more keys...
  7. Some keys of keyboard is not working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some keys of keyboard is not working?: Can you send the update for my keyboard because the laptop keyboard some keys are not working i think your PS/2 keyboad driver is old and now it giving problem please fix it. Specific the enter button , space button , backspace button now it giving the problem for 2 more keys...
  8. Some keyboard keys not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some keyboard keys not working: I have a hp laptop and everything is fine with it. But one-day certain keys stopped working and I have had to use the on-screen keyboard which is quite inconvenient. The keys are : T, Y, Tab, F3, F6, F10, and Ctrl, and possibly others I have not discovered yet. The laptop has...
  9. dell Inspiron 7359 Keyboard some keys not working

dell Inspiron 7359 Keyboard some keys not working: dell Inspiron 7359 Keyboard some keys not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-inspiron-7359-keyboard-some-keys-not-working/eb412aa1-cccb-4d71-8a7c-e27839d84d13
  10. some keys on keyboard not working

some keys on keyboard not working: I need help some keys on keyboard not working i have tried some solutions but it didnt work help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-keys-on-keyboard-not-working/4e9b34d8-5351-49e8-8236-58efd87f126b