Windows 10: Some kind of admin rights issue. Not sure

Discus and support Some kind of admin rights issue. Not sure in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys, I have this annoyance which I cannot solve by myself so please bear with me while sugesting some solutions *Smile Asking this because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 7eleven, Mar 17, 2017.

1. 7eleven Win User

Some kind of admin rights issue. Not sure

Hi guys,

I have this annoyance which I cannot solve by myself so please bear with me while sugesting some solutions *Smile

Asking this because not quite sure which is the affected folder or how it's affected as a matter of fact.

It’s about a win 10 I just installed yesterday (in dual boot with win 7 32 bit, on some other partition).

This fresh installed windows 10 (not upgraded) is not allowing me as an admin user (single user of the PC) to add new files (through copy or move, or delete) on any of the folders that win 10 has created on C drive, without a prompt for admin “you'll need to provide administrator permission to…” copy/move/delete etc, although in advance security tab I can see full rights granted for administrators.

Outside those folders on C that windows originated during installation (or on any other drives), isuue is not present.

I posted a crapy 3 min video on Youtube, as the audio serves better for self explanatory of this issue.

Thanks!

:)

7eleven, Mar 17, 2017

2. Admin rights, can not do anything, cant enable admin account

This will be a 2-phase process. Here is Phase 1:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard.
    • Type System Repair.
    • Click Create a Recovery Drive.
    • Untick the box Back up system files.
    • When prompted to Connect a USB flash drive, do so.
    • Use this disk to boot your machine into Windows Repair Mode.
    • Open a Command Prompt.
    Post again after you have achieved this first goal. The Phase 2 instructions will be a fair bit more complex.

Frederik Long, Mar 17, 2017
  3. Racerx55 Win User
    Admin rights, can not do anything, cant enable admin account

Typing system repair only yeilds a "search the web" for system repair. There is Create a recovery drive but wants admin premission to run it. Sorry no go there.

Racerx55, Mar 17, 2017
  4. Kari Win User

That is as it should be, no issue there. Windows protects the system folder, wanting you to confirm whenever you want to copy to, move to or delete from a system folder (Windows, Program Files, Program Files (x86), ProgramData).

That is to protect you and your Windows installation.

5. TairikuOkami, Mar 17, 2017
  6. 7eleven Win User
    So this is no rights conflict, nothing deviant here? *Smile
    This is how windows 10 is behaving natively?

I find it a quite disturbing matter when installing to default location or when moving files to almost anywhere on C.

Some kind of admin rights issue. Not sure [​IMG]

7eleven, Mar 17, 2017
  7. 7eleven Win User
    Whooooa!
    After a maaaaaaaaaaaaaaasive ownership taking of ~ 80 min at 90-100% hdd load on C, I own my land *Smile
    No more MS buging anymore.
    Let's see now how unpredictable it can be.
    Will it crack up? Will it fly? *Smile

Thanks goes to Tairiku Okami

Later edit: no good! back to 1!
    Recycle bin corrupted, cortana and start menu disabled, other unresponsive items..... > reinstall

7eleven, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Some kind of admin rights issue. Not sure - Similar Threads - kind admin rights

2. I am not sure if anyone can help me with this here. some kind of errors with...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am not sure if anyone can help me with this here. some kind of errors with...: i basically see a pattern with windows updates. I think people here do not understand sometimes that I like to troubleshoot in a very analytical way, while some people do it a different way.some might try every test and do them right away, but if I try a test and it fails one...
  3. Local Admin/Domains Admin Rights ISSUE please help

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local Admin/Domains Admin Rights ISSUE please help: Hello Guys, I know that here is lot of theards with similar issue but I have really read most of topics hours and hours and still dont understand how to do it so I am thank you for all advices: So we have company network "namecompany.com" where is connected all devices in...
  4. is it an issue with my admin rights?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is it an issue with my admin rights?: i wanted to create a custom shortcut which would appear on my start menu, but when i right-clicked in start menu's programs folder in file explorer, the only new option would be a folder. and it would have the blue and yellow shield next to it. also i can't edit my .m4a files...
  5. How to give myself admin rights with cmd, without having any kind of admin rights already...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to give myself admin rights with cmd, without having any kind of admin rights already...: Hey, so yea, the title pretty much describes it. Btw. I am not trying to hack, I am just playing around with the commands. Also, if it is not possible, is there anything that would let me execute stuff like "Netsh interface set interface Wi-Fi disable" or something like that,...
  6. Admin rights Issue on Personal Laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin rights Issue on Personal Laptop: Hi Please help me It has been few day that I can not control my windows and PC properly I think I screwed something up as now my PC tell me I need admin rights I think I added another email of mine and this happened I cant see any other email to log in to and undo the...
  7. Admin Rights on Win10 Issue

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Admin Rights on Win10 Issue: So I went to a clients computer today and she cannot do anything as the admin. She is unable to run any downloaded exe file or run anything as administrator. Anytime I launch an exe or even try to run say a command prompt as admin, I get a prompt for an admin password. Her...
  8. Admin Rights on Win10 Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Admin Rights on Win10 Issue: So I went to a clients computer today and she cannot do anything as the admin. She is unable to run any downloaded exe file or run anything as administrator. Anytime I launch an exe or even try to run say a command prompt as admin, I get a prompt for an admin password. Her...
  9. Problem with some kind of malware, worm, RAT, not sure.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem with some kind of malware, worm, RAT, not sure.: Some guys, old male aquaintances, boyfriends, etc, I used to know, a lot, hackers, and other people, got into my computer and have been watching me. a lot of the pages are edited and they also do stuff like flash the taskbar at the bottom of the screen and changing what my...
  10. Problem with some kind of malware, worm, RAT, not sure.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with some kind of malware, worm, RAT, not sure.: Some guys, old male aquaintances, boyfriends, etc, I used to know, a lot, hackers, and other people, got into my computer and have been watching me. a lot of the pages are edited and they also do stuff like flash the taskbar at the bottom of the screen and changing what my...