Windows 10: Some Notifications missing in 1709

Discus and support Some Notifications missing in 1709 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This could be a setting change but I can't find it. The Problem: Since upgraded my W10 Home system to 1709, I no longer recieve notifications when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by storageman, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Some Notifications missing in 1709

This could be a setting change but I can't find it.

The Problem: Since upgraded my W10 Home system to 1709, I no longer recieve notifications when inserting a USB Stick or a USB external drive. The system does recognize the devices and they show in File Explorer and Disk management. Also in the same area, when you go to "Safely remove" any of these devices, I'm no longer being notified that the device can be removed. I do receive all of the other notifications (updates, emails, Macrium backup msgs, etc).

I have another W10 Pro System on 1709 that is not inflected with problem yet both systems "Notification settings" are identical.

Any idea's ?

:)

storageman, Nov 10, 2017

2. Windows 10 brings taskbar on top of fullscreen-windows after Anniversary Update

Yes, They have finally fixed this bug in the latest Creator Update #1709

So the bug exists in some form from the Anniversary Edition through 1703.

Finally fixed in #1709 There may be some programs that still bring the taskbar to the top

because of notifications on the taskbar. Once you disable those notifications or take the icons off the taskbar it returns to normal/

CourtneyGoodin, Nov 10, 2017
  3. aNui Win User
    Problem on notifications in People Hub in Mango

I don't know how and why. I can't find any patterns but some of my notifications is missing in my People Hub.
    Mostly or maybe all notifications from Facebook groups that is missing, but some such as "someone like my post in group" is not missing.

4. mrgeek Win User

Some Notifications missing in 1709

I always have a usb open in file explorer, so no notification. For "Safe to remove' notice in Action Center, check if 'Settings/System/Notifications & actions/Security and Maintenance set to 'On' ?

mrgeek, Nov 10, 2017
  5. Thanks for the info. It did fix the Safely Remove and now I do get that notification, but it still not doing the Auto Play notification when you insert a new USB stick ?

storageman, Nov 11, 2017
  6. mrgeek Win User
    This is how mine is set up and it open the usb in a file explorer window. Go to Settings/Devices/AutoPlay

Some Notifications missing in 1709 [​IMG]

mrgeek, Nov 11, 2017
  7. Eagle51 Win User
    Mine is set to AutoPlay On / Open folder to view files and I just noticed it isn't working like it use to. It doesn't actually open File Explorer (if it was closed) or open a new File Explorer (if it was open). I do get the Safely Remove icon, Sound and the USB drive shows in File Explorer.

I had to do the registry fix to get it working again, so it opens File Explorer when inserting USB device.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
    NoDriveAutoRun = 0
    NoDriveTypeAutoRun = 91 (hex) or 145 (dec)

Edit:
    Desktop PC ... Has those two registry entries, they just had different values.
    Laptop PC ... Doesn't have those two registry entries and worked as expected.

Reference - Fixes for AutoPlay Dialog Box Not Appearing When Plugging in a Removable Device • Raymond.CC

Eagle51, Nov 11, 2017
  8. xips Win User

There is also a Control Panel Autoplay page with more resolution but no mention of Notifications.

9. We have the Winner ! The AutoPlay setting in Devices was turned off. Works now. This setting must of been on before I updated to FCU because it worked before. So for what ever reason, the update on the HOME system turned this setting off, but it didn't turn it off on the PRO system ?????

Thanks for the help.

storageman, Nov 12, 2017
  10. mrgeek Win User
    *Party You're welcome.

mrgeek, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Some Notifications missing in 1709 - Similar Threads - Notifications missing 1709

2. Missed notifications

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missed notifications: I had a windows notification pop up just now but was in the middle of replying to a message so didnt see it. Have gone to the notifications and its empty ...nothing was dismissed and all notifications settings are turned on and everything is ticked under manage notifications....
  3. Notifications - apps missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Notifications - apps missing: Hi, I removed email notifcation on windows 10. I would now like to receive a notfication everytime i recieve an email. I tried through email settings. I went Manage notification>get notifications from these apps However my email app (outlook) is not there, infact i can...
  4. StartupCheckLibrary.dll is missing notification!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    StartupCheckLibrary.dll is missing notification!: Hello to everyone, My windows defender quarantined StartupChecklibrary.dll as a Trojan. Since then every time I start the PC I'm getting the StartupCheckLibrary.dll is missing notification. I've read that StartupChecklibrary.dll is an official windows dll. How can this be...
  5. Missing notification Button

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing notification Button: i installed 1809 and i noticed that i don't have button at the end of the taskbar to open the notifications panel. i know they are on and working cause i've been getting the ones i haven't disabled under notification settings. any idea how to get it back, or an alternative...
  6. Printer Notification missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Notification missing: Hi, I have no printer notification when I'm printing. In the control panel -> devices and printer -> printerserver properties these are enabled. I have no hiden icons in the taskbar. I tried in the windows registry the setting from windows 7:...
  7. WUDFSvc.dll Missing in Build 1709

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WUDFSvc.dll Missing in Build 1709: I have a Samsung Galaxy 4 cellphone. When plugged into the USB port, I keep getting this Warning in my Event Viewer. The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device USB\VID_04E8&PID_6860&MS_COMP_MTP&SAMSUNG_Android\6&5f6eb81&2&0000. I have discovered that the...
  8. Notification/system tray oddity Win10 1709

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification/system tray oddity Win10 1709: Not sure when it happened, but on SWMBO's laptop (identical to mine), if we click on the two small chevrons (>>) in the 'sys tray' (call me old-fashioned) it opens to show the entire contents of the desktop - all files/folders etc. This first came to light when the boss...
  9. Hide App Notifications Does NOT Work 1709

in Windows 10 Support
    Hide App Notifications Does NOT Work 1709: Hi, Just installed a clean copy of Win 10 Pro x64 v1709 and I cannot get the registry tweak to work: Turn On or Off Notifications from Apps and Senders in Windows 10 Customization Tutorials Settings > System > Notifications & Actions > Get notifications from apps &...
  10. Some notification area icons go missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Some notification area icons go missing: Just recently I've noticed that some of the icons in the notification area disappear. The come back after a reboot but then disappear again at a later stage. I've run the Reset Notification Area batch file from Brink's tutorial but the problem keeps recurring. I also...