Windows 10: Some of the apps including Microsoft Store are not loading

Discus and support Some of the apps including Microsoft Store are not loading in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Suddenly, few of the apps on my PC have stopped working, which include Mail, Store, Films and TV. I looked on to this community page and tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RichaSharma1, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Some of the apps including Microsoft Store are not loading

Suddenly, few of the apps on my PC have stopped working, which include Mail, Store, Films and TV. I looked on to this community page and tried to restore Microsoft Store through cmd, but it gives me an error:

Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path 'C:\WINDOWS\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml' because it does not exist.
    At line:1 char:1
    + Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\Win ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (C:\WINDOWS\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], ItemNot
    FoundException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : PathNotFound,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

And in order to address this error, I refer to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps/winstore-directory-was-not-created-when-upgrading/f3a3ca20-194c-4c94-85c5-4effe6a55f66 and get the following error.

Get-AppXPackage : Access is denied.
    Access is denied.
    At line:1 char:1
    + Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*S ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: Some of the apps including Microsoft Store are not loading :)) [Get-AppxPackage], UnauthorizedAccessException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.UnauthorizedAccessException,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.GetApp
    xPackageCommand

Please help, I am afraid that this is beginning of a more serious issue maybe. Also for now, I am not able to access Store and Mail through windows.

:)

RichaSharma1, Aug 24, 2018

2. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Aug 24, 2018
  3. sam02 Win User
    App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Aug 24, 2018
  4. P4-630 Win User

Some of the apps including Microsoft Store are not loading

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

http://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-purging-lot-low-quality-apps-windows-store

P4-630, Aug 24, 2018
Thema:

Some of the apps including Microsoft Store are not loading

1. Some of the apps including Microsoft Store are not loading - Similar Threads - apps including Microsoft

2. None of my Microsoft Store Apps will open, including the Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    None of my Microsoft Store Apps will open, including the Store: I've been having this issue for ages now, and just learned to live with it. But now it's become an inconvenience as I'm not able to open games that are owned by the Microsoft Store and needing to use apps that are required for. I made a previous post on this a while back but...
  3. None of my Microsoft Store Apps will open, including the Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    None of my Microsoft Store Apps will open, including the Store: I've been having this issue for ages now, and just learned to live with it. But now it's become an inconvenience as I'm not able to open games that are owned by the Microsoft Store and needing to use apps that are required for. I made a previous post on this a while back but...
  4. None of my Microsoft Store Apps will open, including the Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. All windows store apps are not starting including Microsoft Store

All windows store apps are not starting including Microsoft Store: Basically they're not startingThey don't even give any error messages except for Photos and Movies & TV which shows the message"The app didn't start." along with the path of the file above the messagealso Microsoft Store isn't starting not even with a error message it just...
  6. Microsoft Apps including Microsoft Store is not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Apps including Microsoft Store is not showing: I Reset my Windows 10 but i choose the Keep my Files Option then after it resets Microsoft Apps is not showing idk what am gonna do can anyone help me fix this...
  7. Some Win10 apps broken including windows store

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some Win10 apps broken including windows store: I updated 2 days ago to version 2004. Today I noticed that my image viewer aint working then I found few more that are not working including windows store. I tried every powershell command I can find but it doesn't work. I also tried resetting the app via apps and features...
  8. Microsoft Store App not loading

Microsoft Store App not loading: I had problems with my system 2 weeks ago, had best buy fix it but my Microsoft Store disappeared. Now when I pull it up the whole page will not stay up. I have tried to pin it to my task bar it will not stay. * Moved from Research/Soundscape * Original title: App not...
  9. some apps, including explorer, do not load to last window position.

in Windows 10 Support
    some apps, including explorer, do not load to last window position.: Hello Ten Forums! The latest rubbing point with my recent Win10 transition that I'd love to hopefully get resolved. Some apps, including Windows Explorer Folder view, do not remember their last window position, when closed and re-opened, though, some do! What I mean is,...
  10. After refresh, lost some apps including Store

in Windows 10 Support
    After refresh, lost some apps including Store: Have Insider Preview Build 16299.0 Had to do a refresh. Surprised, but it refreshed and still have the same build. However, Calendar, Camera, Mail, Messaging, Photos, Store not accessible. Have white line through them and do not function. Don't know why these 6 were...