Windows 10: Some programs are not clickable in search results.

Discus and support Some programs are not clickable in search results. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I search for 'cmd' or 'notepad' the program comes up in the results but it does not respond to a click. When I right click there is only an option... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by qsd, Mar 9, 2016.

1. QSD
    qsd Win User

Some programs are not clickable in search results.

When I search for 'cmd' or 'notepad' the program comes up in the results but it does not respond to a click. When I right click there is only an option to pin to start menu and all that does is put a blank tile which is similarly not clickable.

Other programs work just fine. Searching for 'chrome', 'calc' or 'nvidia' works and I am able to open those applications with either a click or pressing enter.

Notepad and Command Prompt are the only programs I have found that don't open from search results.
    Edit: Now discovered 'power shell' doesn't work either.

How would I fix this ?

:)

2. passegua Win User

Some Cortana search results are not clickable

When I search powershell using Cortana, the first result is the installed app, but if I click on it (even if I right click) nothing happen.

Other results such as Word are right and left clickable. Why?

passegua, Mar 9, 2016
  3. Some Cortana search results are not clickable

Hi,

This issue might occur if some file types for indexing were disabled. We suggest that you follow these steps to enable indexing for certain file types:

• Press Windows key + R, type control.exe srchadmin.dll, and click
      OK.
    • Click on the Advanced button.
    • Click on the File Types tab. From here, you can choose to include certain file types from indexing by checking them in the list.

Keep us in the loop.

Aileen Alf, Mar 9, 2016
  4. QSD
    qsd Win User

I just made a new local account and tested the search on that and it works as expected. So the search is just functioning weirdly for my account.

I have just noticed that I can not right click the start button at all. Again it works fine on another account on the same computer.

Thema:

1. Some programs are not clickable in search results. - Similar Threads - programs are clickable

2. Search Bar not producing search results.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search Bar not producing search results.: As the title says, search bar is yeliding no search results. I use it to launch games, change sound sources and such. It will still give the option for web results but that is it. It will not find apps, games, settings or anything. I have tried everything short of a reset to...
  3. Tenforums - Search and then search within results

in Windows 10 Support
    Tenforums - Search and then search within results: Up front: I haven't found a way of doing it, so I don't know if it is already possible. IF it is already possible, then below serves no purpose, but then again, I hope someone will tell me 'how to..' Is there a way to perform a search and then do a 2nd (maybe in case of...
  4. Search can't find some files, says "These results may be incomplete"

in Windows 10 Support
    Search can't find some files, says "These results may be incomplete": When I "search my stuff" from the start menu, some files that I know to be indexed never show up in the results. And at the top of the search window, it reads: "These results may be incomplete, search is still indexing your stuff." I've rebuilt the search index, which says...
  5. Redundant search results

in Windows 10 Support
    Redundant search results: Has anyone else noticed how some of the search results just lead to the settings app opening with the name of the search result in its search bar, but nothing in the results of the app? To get an idea of what I'm talking about, search up "Show me tips about windows", "turn...
  6. Windows Explorer search - no search results in subfolders

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer search - no search results in subfolders: I apologize if I get some of the terminology wrong. Hopefully the screenshots will help. Basically if I open Windows Explorer and select Pictures from the Navigation page, I can search for a file (IMG_2354) and find it correctly. The file is located in...
  7. Search result thumbnails issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Search result thumbnails issue: Before updating to the windows 10 anniversary, The search result would displayed in a versatile shape, By that I mean in some folders I would have the search result to display in detail mode and in some folders in big thumbnail mode, and the next time I would run the search...
  8. Retaining Search Box results

in Windows 10 Support
    Retaining Search Box results: I love Windows 10 but its Search Box functionality is a step backwards from Windows 7. As in Windows 7, is there a way to retain Search Box results so I can return to the results if the first file or folder I open isn't the one I want? This was easy in Windows 7 but I can't...
  9. “Search Windows” Bar Results Un-Clickable Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    “Search Windows” Bar Results Un-Clickable Windows 10: When I use the "Search Windows" bar on the taskbar I cannot click on most of the suggested results. I used "restore" as an example in the attached picture. Options for "restore" come up as shown but the red arrowed results are un-clickable while the blue arrow is. If I just...
  10. Search not showing results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search not showing results: Hi. Anyone know how to fix the search function in Windows 10? It's not showing any results. So far I already tried the following but to no avail. Rebuild indexing, scannow cmd, chdsk /r,. 10886