Windows 10: Some programs are not clickable in search results.

Discus and support Some programs are not clickable in search results. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I search for 'cmd' or 'notepad' the program comes up in the results but it does not respond to a click. When I right click there is only an option... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by qsd, Mar 9, 2016.

1. QSD
    qsd Win User

Some programs are not clickable in search results.

When I search for 'cmd' or 'notepad' the program comes up in the results but it does not respond to a click. When I right click there is only an option to pin to start menu and all that does is put a blank tile which is similarly not clickable.

Other programs work just fine. Searching for 'chrome', 'calc' or 'nvidia' works and I am able to open those applications with either a click or pressing enter.

Notepad and Command Prompt are the only programs I have found that don't open from search results.
    Edit: Now discovered 'power shell' doesn't work either.

How would I fix this ?

:)

2. passegua Win User

Some Cortana search results are not clickable

When I search powershell using Cortana, the first result is the installed app, but if I click on it (even if I right click) nothing happen.

Other results such as Word are right and left clickable. Why?

passegua, Mar 9, 2016
  3. Some Cortana search results are not clickable

Hi,

This issue might occur if some file types for indexing were disabled. We suggest that you follow these steps to enable indexing for certain file types:

• Press Windows key + R, type control.exe srchadmin.dll, and click
      OK.
    • Click on the Advanced button.
    • Click on the File Types tab. From here, you can choose to include certain file types from indexing by checking them in the list.

Keep us in the loop.

Aileen Alf, Mar 9, 2016
  4. QSD
    qsd Win User

I just made a new local account and tested the search on that and it works as expected. So the search is just functioning weirdly for my account.

I have just noticed that I can not right click the start button at all. Again it works fine on another account on the same computer.

Thema:

1. Some programs are not clickable in search results. - Similar Threads - programs are clickable

2. Some System Programs Broken in Search

in Cortana
    Some System Programs Broken in Search: How can I fix this? Some system programs doest open in search [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-system-programs-broken-in-search/ce673864-98f9-440b-b7e9-817812a1d6aa
  3. Some app icons doesn't appear in Search Results

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some app icons doesn't appear in Search Results: [ATTACH] Whe I try to open an app with the Search Bar (Win+Q or Win+S), some of them doesn't have their proper icon. This shows when is correct: https://preview.redd.it/kbfvvqp3hxi61.png?width=781&format=png&auto=webp&s=e959582ca1c3b1263d81682ada82b97e0250e9eb And this...
  4. Some programs not showing up in search

in Cortana
    Some programs not showing up in search: I recently had to do a clean install of windows, and when I redownloaded some programs, specifically NordVPN and uTorrent, they don't show up when I search for them. I have done an index already, but it did not work....
  5. Program doesn't show in search results

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program doesn't show in search results: When I search for a program from the Start > Search menu, a specific program that is installed in my computer doesn't show under the letter of its name. What can be the reason? Is the problem on the program or Windows'[ATTACH] end?...
  6. Some of the program are not found when searching on search function

Some of the program are not found when searching on search function: I am finding myself in this situation where I can't seem to find the ordinary app that I use on the search, I have few programs like signal, simplenote and java eclipse that was easily accessible through search function. They are not showing, just the installation file. Even...
  7. Start Menu Search Not Showing New Programs in the Results

in Cortana
    Start Menu Search Not Showing New Programs in the Results: When I attempt to search for newly installed programs via the start menu search, they do not appear. Programs that I have had for a long time do still appear in search results. I have tried restarting the windows search service, restarting windows explorer, restarting the...
  8. Search Results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Results: When I search my Documents directory, I often get results from .css, .js etc when really all I want are folders, .html, .pdf How to I stop the .css, .js files appearing in the search results? I know I can apply filters afterwards but having to do so when all I want to do...
  9. Programs in Start menu not listed in search results

Programs in Start menu not listed in search results: I just upgraded to Windows 10 and I'm still trying to get used to everything that's changed since 7. I'm used to being able to just hit the Windows key on my keyboard to bring up the Start menu, start typing the name of a program that I know has a shortcut in the start menu,...
  10. “Search Windows” Bar Results Un-Clickable Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    “Search Windows” Bar Results Un-Clickable Windows 10: When I use the "Search Windows" bar on the taskbar I cannot click on most of the suggested results. I used "restore" as an example in the attached picture. Options for "restore" come up as shown but the red arrowed results are un-clickable while the blue arrow is. If I just...