Windows 10: Some questions concerning Groove music player

Discus and support Some questions concerning Groove music player in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; 1. How does one clear songs from playing now?, first song I fired up was a Led Zeppelin song, the taskbar on bottom of player showing controls and song... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tcman50, Aug 24, 2015.

1. tcman50 Win User

Some questions concerning Groove music player

1. How does one clear songs from playing now?, first song I fired up was a Led Zeppelin song, the taskbar on bottom of player showing controls and song progress cant be cleared.

2. Groove didn't import 50 of my 600 albums, what's up with that?, yet on another computer it did import all.

3. Groove took awhile to import my 12,000 songs from a drive in the same computer yet on another computer the import went much faster even though it was over network, what's with that?

4. I am noticing that same of my multiple artist albums are being imported as multiple albums, if I add album artists to these albums would that fix most of my problems?

TC *Smile

:)

tcman50, Aug 24, 2015
  2. 4N6RY Win User

Groove Music Player, Cortana, Audio Device Settings

Hi,

Cortana is not able to use any other music player than Groove or IHeartRadio

I already made some various music players as default players, Contana will always start Groove or want to get me Groove if I uninstall it.

4N6RY, Aug 24, 2015
  3. Groove music

Hi Mike,

This could be due to syncing issues of your music libraries. We would suggest checking this link

Troubleshoot Groove player in Windows 10
    to possibly resolve your concern.

We also advise checking this link
    Groove Music and Spotify: FAQ
    for further details about what would be happening about the Groove Music app.

Let us know if there are other concerns.

Jomel_Santos, Aug 24, 2015
  4. tcman50 Win User

Answered some of my own questions, I re-imported my tracks into the first computer and then the album number matched the same between the two computers.

Also noticed that the second import on the non network computer was just as fast as on the network computer, seems that first import on the main computer was a little flakey, now it seems ok.

I am imported my tracks after being tagged for j.river, remembered that Windows Media Center and now Groove perfers "various artists" to "multiple artists", so added "various artists" into my album artist tag and all is good, number of ablums are the same if in Groove or J.River.

Still don't understand why there isn't a stop button on the player controls and why the last song palyed always just sits in the player bar at the bottom of the app, kind of annoying.

TC *Smile

tcman50, Aug 25, 2015
Thema:

1. Some questions concerning Groove music player - Similar Threads - questions concerning Groove

2. Groove music player visualizations... someone has it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Groove music player visualizations... someone has it: I found this article looking for visualizations: Microsoft is Adding Visualizations, Equalizer, and More to Groove Music - Thurrott.com They're demonstrated there... It says "At this time, there are two types of visualizations", however, I can't figure out where to enable...
  3. groove music player to play music through google hangouts

in Windows 10 Customization
    groove music player to play music through google hangouts: Hi, On My new June 2020 HP laptop windows 10 -I want to use google Hangouts or Skype to Teach English Language, BUT I need to share the screen and play audio track from my computer SO THE STUDENTS CAN HEAR IT, Mp3 tracks and When we watch something on Youtube for example....
  4. Volume Question for Music Players

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume Question for Music Players: Alright this only has been happening to me since i bought Windows 10. Version - 1909 (OS Build - 18363.720) And i have tried several options, but no matter what happens it never fixes my problem. And my problem is, Whenever i run another program, pc games, etc. The Audio...
  5. Problems with Groove Player

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with Groove Player: After a recent Windows 10 update my Grove Player no longer works. Every time I try I keep getting "Error Message -2147219195:. I have tried all the Windows 10 repair programs and still nothing. I have tried to even do a System Restore but for some reason it lo longer works...
  6. Groove Music Question

Groove Music Question: Hello, I might decide to move to Groove Music instead of Windows Media Player. Is there anything I should be aware of since I am moving from Windows Media Player, since a long time. Can you make playlists as easy as W.M.P.? Any more info will be appreciated! I just...
  7. Groove Music File Structure Question

Groove Music File Structure Question: Hi, I wanted to start using Groove Music but had a question. I have a huge mp3 collection and am very specific about my labeling, file structure and id3 tags and don't like it when apps change them. If I was to use Groove music and add my local music folder to watch, would...
  8. Groove Music and Windows Media Player 12

Groove Music and Windows Media Player 12: Just out of curiousity, do you prefer using Groove Music or WMP for playing music files? I have hardly used Groove Music except for certain file types. WMP is still good as ever *Smile Is Microsoft going to provide future updates for it? 21253
  9. media player 'groove music'

media player 'groove music': hello. I've downloaded 5 audio tracks (MP3). I can turn on the loop for each track but how do I get it to play each track one after the other and then loop back to track one? 36644
  10. Groove Music Player, Shuffle in Genre

Groove Music Player, Shuffle in Genre: Hi, in Groove music app, how do I "shuffle all" but, only from the same genre? 17552