Windows 10: "some settings are hidden or managed by your organisation"

Discus and support "some settings are hidden or managed by your organisation" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This seems to be a widespread problem affecting a number of settings in Windows 10 and there is apparently a different solution for each of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hairy Scot, Feb 4, 2018.

1. "some settings are hidden or managed by your organisation"

This seems to be a widespread problem affecting a number of settings in Windows 10 and there is apparently a different solution for each of the affected areas.
    Is there perhaps a consolidated list in existence, or does one just have to hit each one as it arises?

:)

Hairy Scot, Feb 4, 2018

2. "some settings are hidden or managed by your organization"

Try disabling the driver signature enforcement by following these steps:

Click Start.

Click the Power button.

Hold the Shift key and click Restart.

Choose Troubleshoot.

Click Advanced options.

Click Startup Settings.

Click Restart again.

Once your computer restarts, press F7 on your keyboard to select Disable driver signature enforcement. Your computer will now restart automatically.

If the issue persists after disabling the driver signature verification, disable Secure Boot temporarily in your computer's UEFI/BIOS. You can contact your computer's manufacturer or check the device manual for the steps on how to do this.

Important: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS
    settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk. 

If you can't find the toggle to disable Secure Boot, a firmware update for the UEFI/BIOS may be required. This can usually be found in the manufacturer's website.

After disabling Secure Boot, boot normally into Windows and check if you can install the programs. If you're successful, boot back into the UEFI/BIOS and re-enable Secure Boot since this is an important security feature.

Andre Da Costa, Feb 4, 2018
  3. "Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization."

Hi!

My name is kostas and i have this issue with the developer mode.

The options of developer mode are grayed out and it says with yellow text on top: "Some settings are hidden or managed by your organasation.".

"some settings are hidden or managed by your organisation" [​IMG]

I have windows 10 Enterprise, though my computer is a home computer.

I found a way to fix this but it doesn't work for me, i found others having the same problem but there is no fix for the fix if you get what i mean.

The solution is to go to Control Panel>System And Security>System>Advanced system settings>Computer Name> and then click on the network id option. Finally there are 2 options, "This part is part of a Business Network; I use it to connect to other computers
    at work" and the fix recommends to change that to the second option "This is a home computer; its not a part of a business network". When i change that it says i should restart my computer for the changes to take effect.

Upon restarting though i encounter the same problem. The yellow text is still there and the setting is set back to "This is a home computer; its not a part of a business network". Some help would be really appreciated.

As always thank you for your time.

***Subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***

Κωνσταντίνος Τριγγόπουλος, Feb 4, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

"some settings are hidden or managed by your organisation"

Hi, If you make changes via group policy (you have Pro) or registry changes equivalent to those, you may see such a message.

That the message is present by no means necessarily indicates there is a problem.

dalchina, Feb 4, 2018
  5. The typical home PC is not so tightly locked down.

In contrast my work PC is locked down tightly, more so than any other I've ever used. Most of the registry is locked. I cannot make changes in most locations in the registry. Only an admin can do so. I cannot install ANY programs. Only an admin can.

The list is long. But this lockdown makes the PC more secure.

The message that "settings are hidden or managed by your organisation" crops up when you try to do something that has been locked. There's really nothing you can do about it.

margrave55, Feb 4, 2018
  6. dalchina New Member
    - agreed, not if your PC is managed by your company's IT dept.

It's a different matter if it's your own though, of course.

dalchina, Feb 4, 2018
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Feb 4, 2018
  8. "some settings are hidden or managed by your organisation"

Thanks for the info. *Smile

Hairy Scot, Feb 4, 2018
  9. Hi Shawn,
    Yes, I have indeed made changes via GPEdit, as well as Regedit and also with some of the registry hacks you have provided.
    If the message doesn't indicate a problem you have to wonder why it appears.
    Another little Windows quirk?
    Anyway, I'll peruse your tutorial. I'm sure I'll learn something. *Wink

Hairy Scot, Feb 4, 2018
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    The message is just a way to let you know that a group policy has been set that affects one or more settings on the Settings page.

Usually, the setting will be grayed out, so it helps to know why.

It would be better if it would tell you which specific policy though.

Brink, Feb 4, 2018
  11. There is something missing from RSOP on my PC.

Hairy Scot, Feb 4, 2018
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    No worries. RSOP will only show policies that you have enabled or disabled in the Local Group Policy Editor.

Brink, Feb 4, 2018
  13. "some settings are hidden or managed by your organisation"

OK

Thanks Shawn.

Hairy Scot, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

"some settings are hidden or managed by your organisation"

1. "some settings are hidden or managed by your organisation" - Similar Threads - settings are hidden

2. some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organisation

in Windows 10 Customization
    some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organisation: I can't activate my location https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-of-these-settings-are-hidden-or-managed-by/a3529acc-30c7-4422-bb16-8609e36d5e57
  3. "Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organisation"

"Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organisation": I have 2 issues but I think they may be linked. My Operating System is Edition Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 Installed on 03/06/2020 OS Build 19042.685 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0 The...
  4. *Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organisation*

*Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organisation*: Hello, when I go into the Settings>Personalisation>Lock screen it says that the get "fun facts, Tips, and more" is hidden by my organisation. I am not in an organisation though, How should I fix this?...
  5. Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organisation

Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organisation: How do you remove this message as it stops one making changes in windows 10 home 2004 Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization...
  6. "Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organisation"

"Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organisation": My windows 10 laptop is running on the home version, already set up before i got it, not in any organisation. Only thing I can think of is that it's a display unit from the store I got it from, and that might be where it's gotten the organization from. How can I remove this...
  7. *Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organisation

*Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organisation: Hi, I just brought my new laptop and was trying to change the lock screen to a single image but it wouldn't let me. It said that i couldn't access the settings. So please if you know how to fix the problem id love some help. Thanks....
  8. "Some settings are hidden or managed by your organisation"

"Some settings are hidden or managed by your organisation": I'm getting "Some settings are hidden or managed by your organisation" in yellow color for the following setting sections in windows 10. System: Notification & actions, Multitasking Personalization: Lock Screen, Start Privacy General I tried following...
  9. "Some Settings Are Hidden Or Managed By Your Organisation"

"Some Settings Are Hidden Or Managed By Your Organisation": Ok so I bought a new laptop, it's running Windows 10, I don't know a great deal about laptops and the stuff inside it but everything was functioning pretty alright when I went to set up my lockscreen because the one provided is hiking themed and I'm not that type of girl and...
  10. some settings are hidden or managed by your organisation

some settings are hidden or managed by your organisation: in the settings for my new acer nitro 5 spin laptop, the settings for lockscreen are unchangeable with the message "some settings are hidden or managed by your organisation" displayed. I don't know if its an error or if it has anything to do with the fact it was a display...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. some settings are hidden by your organization developer mode st

2. how to remove some of these setting are hidden or managed by your organization in personalization background item

3. developer mode lumia some settings are hidden or managed