Windows 10: Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization.

Discus and support Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Win 10 pro 1703 15063.332 32 elderly desktop Apologies for being the umpteenth poster on this topic but I can't find a viable fix. I see the message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tcebob, May 25, 2017.

1. tcebob Win User

Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization.

Win 10 pro 1703 15063.332 32 elderly desktop

Apologies for being the umpteenth poster on this topic but I can't find a viable fix. I see the message in Update and Security. I've tried to follow suggestions to go to gpedit/Administrative Templates/All Settings/Filter Options, but there is no "Filter Options" option. I am not an insider.

I note that Dachina has made a document on the subject. Is there a url to that document?

:)

tcebob, May 25, 2017

2. "some settings are hidden or managed by your organization"

Try disabling the driver signature enforcement by following these steps:

Click Start.

Click the Power button.

Hold the Shift key and click Restart.

Choose Troubleshoot.

Click Advanced options.

Click Startup Settings.

Click Restart again.

Once your computer restarts, press F7 on your keyboard to select Disable driver signature enforcement. Your computer will now restart automatically.

If the issue persists after disabling the driver signature verification, disable Secure Boot temporarily in your computer's UEFI/BIOS. You can contact your computer's manufacturer or check the device manual for the steps on how to do this.

Important: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS
    settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk. 

If you can't find the toggle to disable Secure Boot, a firmware update for the UEFI/BIOS may be required. This can usually be found in the manufacturer's website.

After disabling Secure Boot, boot normally into Windows and check if you can install the programs. If you're successful, boot back into the UEFI/BIOS and re-enable Secure Boot since this is an important security feature.

Andre Da Costa, May 25, 2017
  3. "Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization."

Hi!

My name is kostas and i have this issue with the developer mode.

The options of developer mode are grayed out and it says with yellow text on top: "Some settings are hidden or managed by your organasation.".

Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization. [​IMG]

I have windows 10 Enterprise, though my computer is a home computer.

I found a way to fix this but it doesn't work for me, i found others having the same problem but there is no fix for the fix if you get what i mean.

The solution is to go to Control Panel>System And Security>System>Advanced system settings>Computer Name> and then click on the network id option. Finally there are 2 options, "This part is part of a Business Network; I use it to connect to other computers
    at work" and the fix recommends to change that to the second option "This is a home computer; its not a part of a business network". When i change that it says i should restart my computer for the changes to take effect.

Upon restarting though i encounter the same problem. The yellow text is still there and the setting is set back to "This is a home computer; its not a part of a business network". Some help would be really appreciated.

As always thank you for your time.

***Subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***

Κωνσταντίνος Τριγγόπουλος, May 25, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, May 25, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    This 'Solved' thread may help, it has the same problem as you. Though the 'solution' seems a little.... well... unexpected *Smile

Restriction Notice on Windows Update Pages

6. tcebob Win User

Daschina, Thanks for your quick reply. There is an asterisk before "Settings." I'll open your reference after supper.

Bree, I will follow your lead.

tcebob, May 26, 2017
  7. tcebob Win User
    Update:
    Well, I tried everything in both references. No luck. I did download and ran Tweaking.com-Windows Repair, which was pretty thorough. Found a few problems but the *Some. . . message remains.

tcebob, May 27, 2017
  8. Mystere Win User

I note that at the bottom of your picture, it says "* We'll ask you to download updates", have you somehow configured your system to download, but not install updates? If that's the case, then I believe that message appears because you are using a non-standard configuration.

Mystere, May 27, 2017
  9. tcebob Win User
    I have it set to notify me about updates. That gives me an opportunity to postpone or download at my convenience.

tcebob, May 27, 2017
  10. Mystere Win User
    Yes, and i'm saying that I think the message is because of that setting. That setting is using group policy, and when group policy settings are enabled, that message is shown. In other words, it's doing what it's supposed to do.

Mystere, May 27, 2017
  11. tcebob Win User
    Ok, I've removed all options that I can. Some, like "Give me updates . . ." are grayed out because of The Message. I think I'm going to have to live with it until I'm in the mood to completely reinstall Windows. Maybe 2020. There are some other possible sources of The Message: Classic Start Menu, Windows Live Mail, Winaero Tweaker.

tcebob, May 27, 2017
  12. dalchina New Member
    Oh, for interest(?) - I've just remembered one thread where I've seen that message:
    ‘We'll ask you to download updates, except when updates
    are required to keep Windows running smoothly. In that
    case, we ll automatically download those updates.

It occurs when you have your connection set as metered, and you're using the Creator's edition.

- should be nothing to do with the *Some settings...

- which I suspect is nothing more than a minor curiosity.

dalchina, May 27, 2017
  13. Bree New Member

I have Creators and metered connection. My message is subtly different, it starts with "We'll automatically download updates..." It's the "We'll ask you to..." bit that seems to be connected with the *Some settings... The rest of the message as quoted above is pretty standard for a metered connection and should be nothing to do with *Some settings...

14. dalchina New Member
    Ok, that suggests some odd mixture of notify and a metered connection with the CU installed.

That (notify) would potentially explain the 'Some settings..' (notify is set) - albeit I'm not convinced of that.

The two groups of updates would be consistent with a metered connection, except then the first should not be offered at all.

dalchina, May 27, 2017
  15. Bree New Member
    For reference, this is how the screenshot from Post #4 appears on a Creators Update 15063.332 system free from any "managed by your organization" registry/group policy tweaks. The wording is the same for Home and Pro, with or without a metered connection (I've checked all permutations).

Thema:

1. Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization. - Similar Threads - settings are hidden

2. Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization: My Pc got hacked a few days ago so i wanted to re install my window 10.Downloaded new iso from microsoft website. Made a bootable usb.When installing windows it goes to finishing and asks to restart and whole process repeats and then it is installed.I’m a single i haven’t...
  3. Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization.: Hi, I've been wanting to switch over to Windows Insider for a bit now, however I am unable to as I require to set my diagnostics data to optional and required, however I am unable to do so. I am met with the "Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization."...
  4. Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization.: Hi, I've been wanting to switch over to Windows Insider for a bit now, however I am unable to as I require to set my diagnostics data to optional and required, however I am unable to do so. I am met with the "Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization."...
  5. some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization: I'm trying to change my bacjgroud but I get a message that says "Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization.. but This is My computer and it is not part of any organization so how can I fix this?? Please help.. This is happened after I updated my laptop...
  6. Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization.: Can someone help me, the geo location service is not working, i tried the gpedit permission for location and sensors, but still it is not working.[ATTACH]...
  7. *Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization.

*Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization.: I am not signed in AT ALL with my companys account but when I go to Diagnostics & Feedback in settings, it says *some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organisation. Does anybody have any help for this?...
  8. Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization

Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization: Hello. I formatted my Windows yesterday, everything was just fine, but when I needed to change some advanced settings in my system this thing popped in. I don't know what to do, I've searched all over the internet (including Windows forums) to find a solution but nothing I...
  9. Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization: Network and sharing center is being displayed in the network and sharing center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/some-settings-are-hidden-or-managed-by-your/87ad2f5c-c253-428e-a22d-a6e2aa4a57ef
  10. some settings are hidden or managed by your organization

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    some settings are hidden or managed by your organization: some one using by laptop in hidden and browser will not working in laptop google chrome proxy server will not working when some websites are open automatically closing the Microsoft edge. some virus are attacking my laptop ransomware. will showing on windows defender security...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. developer mode lumia some settings are hidden or managed

2. some settings are hidden by your organization developer mode forum