Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization

Discus and support Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have this message in my settings for Delivery Optimization in Windows 10 updates. I did have a message in updates that said the settings were managed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TONPumper, Aug 9, 2018 at 9:42 PM.

1. TONPumper Win User

I have this message in my settings for Delivery Optimization in Windows 10 updates. I did have a message in updates that said the settings were managed by my administrator but I managed to eliminate that message (don't ask me how because I really don't remember). It seems like the culprit in this in this situation is a program that I used called Privacy Protector for Windows 10. I used the program and didn't like the results, but when I uninstalled the program, I did not revert the changes (I know, I'm stupid) and now I can't use the program again because the one that I did use was a giveaway program; that license is gone for good. I wish I knew exactly what the settings in the program changed so that I could manually reset them, but I do not. The option in Delivery Optimization is completely grayed out. I had the same issue with settings being grayed out in Windows Defender, but I was able to reset the settings and make them available again. Now I would just like to know if there is an easy way to reset Windows updates without reinstalling my OS.

:)

2. SherryMalik Win User

"Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization"

Thank you for the link. I was able to set my Diagnostics Data to Full by using gpedit.msc. But I still am not able to get rid of "Some settings are hidden or managed bu your organization."

Any advise?

SherryMalik, Aug 9, 2018 at 9:49 PM
  3. RussSimmerman Win User
    "Settings hidden or managed by your organization"

I am trying to change my lock screen image, but nothing is selectable and there is a message that says "Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization". I'm pretty sure I manage my organization so I don't know how to fix this. Help?

RussSimmerman, Aug 9, 2018 at 9:49 PM
  4. dalchina Win User

Thema:

1. Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization - Similar Threads - settings are hidden

2. Microsoft Sudoku set of games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Sudoku set of games: when the ads start to appear on the sudoku set of games the games freeze and are unplayable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/microsoft-sudoku-set-of-games/ad65c3a1-1133-4fba-b192-ad6eda5c4aa0
  3. Reset Factory Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reset Factory Settings: I have a Primebook that I want to reset to factory settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/reset-factory-settings/86bcef12-4312-4d02-ac62-ba0aeadc413e
  4. Windows 10 Device Manager Multiple Code 12 Errors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Device Manager Multiple Code 12 Errors: I recently installed Windows 10 on an older EarthWalk Lap15EW12 and right after that i noticed in device manager that multiple devices were giving Code 12s and were not usable. Here are the devices listed 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller Broadcom 802.11G Wireless...
  5. Getting a M2IzYzlm.exe in task manager and a folder with random name in Program Files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Getting a M2IzYzlm.exe in task manager and a folder with random name in Program Files: Getting a M2IzYzlm.exe in task manager, It pops up after a certain interval of time and switches off my wifi, when I right clicked and tried to locate it, it shows a folder with a weird name inside the Program Files. Scanned the laptop with Rogue Killer, Defender and MBAM,...
  6. Some more feedback needed on Diskpart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some more feedback needed on Diskpart: Hi all, I've recently done a clean Windows 10 installation using a Media Creation Tool created flash drive. I always look afterwards in Disk Management or Diskpart to see if the partitions are set up correctly. My clean installation method is always the same I delete all...
  7. How can I set Custom Paper as Default Paper SIze in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I set Custom Paper as Default Paper SIze in windows 10: I have POS printer installed in my system. I defined a Custom Receipt Paper size in Printer server properties, which is not listing in my printers paper size and the same i need to set it as my default paper Moved from: Apps on Windows 10 / Other Windows apps / Social...
  8. Windows 10 asks me to set up pin every time i log on, please help

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 asks me to set up pin every time i log on, please help: every time i log on windows tries to set up pin, but i don't want pin! any help would be appreciated. thanks, ~Matt https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/windows-10-asks-me-to-set-up-pin-every-time-i-log/e1fe6901-0fe1-40d1-a990-5460f7ba6f23"
  9. How can I set Custom Paper as Default Paper SIze in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I set Custom Paper as Default Paper SIze in windows 10: I have POS printer installed in my system. I defined a Custom Receipt Paper size in Printer server properties, which is not listing in my printers paper size and the same i need to set it as my default paper...
  10. AP Exclusive: Google tracks your movements, like it or not

in Windows 10 News
    AP Exclusive: Google tracks your movements, like it or not: Google wants to know where you go so badly that it records your movements even when you explicitly tell it not to. An Associated Press investigation found that many Google services on Android devices and iPhones store your location data even if you’ve used a privacy setting...