Windows 10: "some settings are managed by your organization" message showed up in windows updates...

Discus and support "some settings are managed by your organization" message showed up in windows updates... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After installing this update called 2018-07 Cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1803 for *64 based systems (KB4345421) and when I went to windows... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by its Benoy here, Jul 29, 2018.

1. "some settings are managed by your organization" message showed up in windows updates...

After installing this update called 2018-07 Cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1803 for *64 based systems (KB4345421) and when I went to windows update in settings, on top it said like this; "some settings are managed by your organization" (I use windows 10 pro and this is my desktop at home)
    "some settings are managed by your organization" message showed up in windows updates... 16324a5f-660f-4ab5-8faa-86d00c843adf?upload=true.jpg
    But when I restarted my pc again, that "some settings are managed by your organization" message was gone and windows update is back to normal like in the below screenshot.
    "some settings are managed by your organization" message showed up in windows updates... 711b2567-5d1b-481d-b8e0-04e4fc99f7d4?upload=true.jpg
    So can I assume that that error is gone completely? And why did this message come in the firstplace? Is this some sort of bug? Also does this make my PC vulnerable to any threats? Also if someone knows my product id, can they hack my pc somehow? Because when I called the Microsoft customer support representative on the toll free number for a doubt regarding my system, they asked for my product id and product key saying it was for validation purposes. I told them my product id but did not tell them the product key. I know Microsoft customer support will protect my privacy but still I'm asking.

:)

its Benoy here, Jul 29, 2018

2. Some settings are managed by your organization - Windows 10 Lock Screen

Hi,

There are several reasons why you can see this message in settings. For example, a third-party antivirus can also control some of the setting in a computer. An organization might also be the reason why, especially if there's a main computer that's managing
    yours. However, can you provide the answers to these questions for us to isolate your concern:

• When did the message started to show show up?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Which version of Windows 10 are you using (e.g., Windows 10 Anniversary Update, Creators Update)?
    • Have you tried the steps on the link that was provided by Xylee Del on April 26, 2017? If yes, what is the result?

We're looking forward to your response.

Carlos Tin, Jul 29, 2018
  3. Some settings are managed by your organization shown at windows update

Hi Rathod,

For us to narrow down your concern with the error message "Some settings are managed by your organization is shown at windows update", we would like to know the following:

• When did the issue first begin?
    • Can you tell us hat exactly are you trying to do prior to the issue?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jul 29, 2018
  4. "some settings are managed by your organization" message showed up in windows updates...

Windows Update: "Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization"

Hi Josafat,

Error message "Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization" usually appears when your computer is under a domain. The issue that you are experiencing might have been caused by a service under
    Services that you accidentally disabled. To resolve this issue, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows and type "services".
    • Right-click Windows Update and select Properties.
    • Under the General tab, set the Startup type to
      Manual.
    • Press Apply, and then OK.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Dennis Mop, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

"some settings are managed by your organization" message showed up in windows updates...

1. "some settings are managed by your organization" message showed up in windows updates... - Similar Threads - settings are managed

2. windows will not update, "*Some settings are managed by your organization"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows will not update, "*Some settings are managed by your organization": i'd like to download something from the microsoft store but it will not let me due to updates. updates wont take place, the troubleshooter doesn't do anything; the prompt "*Some settings are managed by your organization" is shown when i'd like to update windows. this has to...
  3. "Some settings are managed by your organization" in Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Some settings are managed by your organization" in Windows Update: Hello,I'm using my device normally when I get this red message: "Some settings are managed by your organization" in Windows Update settings page.When I click on "View configured update policies", it says that there are 2 policies set on my device:Turn off Auto Restart...
  4. *Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization. showing up on most of...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    *Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization. showing up on most of...: So 1 month ago I restarted my computer and I checked why my microphone are camera wasn't working and when I checked my privacy settings most of them where disabled and greyed out and I have no idea why . Windows 10 Home 21H1 x64 - LENOVO IdeaPad 14IIL05...
  5. Some settings are managed by your organization message

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Some settings are managed by your organization message: I hope I am putting this in the correct area. Recently upgraded to Version 20H2 . I decided to check where I was at with update deferring times, and find this message which effectively stops me from doing any update deferring. Attached screen shots which may show what is...
  6. Message in Setting: "Some settings are managed by your organization"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Message in Setting: "Some settings are managed by your organization": Message in Setting: "Some settings are managed by your organization" Hello. So, in the settings, at accounts there is an messege: "Some settings are maneged by your organization". And I can't sign-in with my Microsoft acount. This is my personal computer and i'm not working...
  7. Message in Setting: "Some settings are managed by your organization"

Message in Setting: "Some settings are managed by your organization": Hello. So, in the settings, at accounts there is an messege: "Some settings are maneged by your organization". And I can't sign-in with my Microsoft acount. This is my personal computer and i'm not working on it and also I do not own an organization. More Details: System:...
  8. Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization message showing on...

Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization message showing on...: When In Settings>Privacyonly under Windows permissions>diagnostics&feedback and App permissions>Camera do I get*Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization. I am the only one using this laptop and am shown as administrator. How can I resolve this...
  9. *some settings are hidden or managed by your organization* message

*some settings are hidden or managed by your organization* message: I have a problem with changing settings on my laptop. it prompts a message that some settings are hidden or managed by my organization. which doesn't allow me to change settings like lockscreen background. my laptop is running Windows 10 Home, version 1803. I got...
  10. "Some Settings Are Managed By Your Organization" shows in settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Some Settings Are Managed By Your Organization" shows in settings: [ATTACH]in windows update section "some settings are managed by your organization" is shown. this massage is only on "windows update " window. But it should not be there. I have tried the method described in below link...