Windows 10: Some shortcut icons disappeared

Discus and support Some shortcut icons disappeared in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have tried every solution I have seen posted...earlier today a number of my icons disappeared from my desktop. Seems like it's mostly the icons that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BarbaraDudas, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Some shortcut icons disappeared

I have tried every solution I have seen posted...earlier today a number of my icons disappeared from my desktop. Seems like it's mostly the icons that shortcut to an internet website. I am running Windows 10 and I recently updated and have rebooted. I have tried to select show all icons but nothing is working. Help!

:)

BarbaraDudas, Aug 3, 2018
  2. Rule-R Win User

Desktop shortcuts disappearing

One of the computers i maintain has a few of the desktop shortcuts disappearing now and then. It runs windows 7, and has a shitload of shortcuts on the desktop.

Any idea what might cause this?

Rule-R, Aug 3, 2018
  3. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 3, 2018
  4. Some shortcut icons disappeared

Blank shortcut icon GPU-Z

I know I am quite late but as I was scrolling through I saw this post which happened to one of friend too. This sometimes happens with Windows. Usually a reboot will solve the problem. However if this doesn't, try setting the icon for the shortcut(right-click pinned icon, right-click program, left-click properties, select "change icon...") or refreshing it by switching to a different icon, applying it, and then reverting back to the original icon. Remove the shortcut from the taskbar and replace it with the start menu shortcut or simply drag the .exe file to the taskbar.

lorraine walsh, Aug 3, 2018
Thema:

Some shortcut icons disappeared

1. Some shortcut icons disappeared - Similar Threads - shortcut icons disappeared

2. Some of my desktop Icons disappeared.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some of my desktop Icons disappeared.: Today after restarting my computer I noticed that some of my desktop icons have disappeared. I checked and I still have the files. I have tried rebuilding the icon cache and my only restore point is from after the problem started. Does anyone know what to do?...
  3. Some desktop shortcut icons disappearing/shifting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some desktop shortcut icons disappearing/shifting.: Hello,Not infrequently, some of my desktop shortcut icons will simply blink and disappear, or suddenly move out of place. All my desktop/icon settings are correct. This is an up to date HP on Windows 11. Why is this happening? I finally trashed all the shortcuts except...
  4. Some desktop shortcut icons disappearing/shifting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some desktop shortcut icons disappearing/shifting.: Hello,Not infrequently, some of my desktop shortcut icons will simply blink and disappear, or suddenly move out of place. All my desktop/icon settings are correct. This is an up to date HP on Windows 11. Why is this happening? I finally trashed all the shortcuts except...
  5. shortcuts, some have disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shortcuts, some have disappeared: Having just bought a new laptop i have been installing my apps and creating a homescreen shortcut for the main ones. However after only a couple of days, some of the shortcuts have disappeared, why would that be....
  6. shortcuts, some have disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    shortcuts, some have disappeared: Having just bought a new laptop i have been installing my apps and creating a homescreen shortcut for the main ones. However after only a couple of days, some of the shortcuts have disappeared, why would that be....
  7. Program shortcut icons disappear

in Windows 10 Support
    Program shortcut icons disappear: I have some folders on my desktop which contain shortcuts to often used programs. Some of these icons sometimes get lost (quite reliably after I reinstall Windows from scratch and newly create the folder that holds the shortcuts and the shortcuts themselves) and only a white...
  8. Shortcuts' icons disappear in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcuts' icons disappear in Start Menu: Whenever I move shortcuts to a folder in the Start Menu, a lot of times the icon turns into what appears to be a white blank sheet of paper. I've tried changing the icon, to no avail. They show up just fine in the Start Menu, just not in File Explorer. How do I fix this? 82451
  9. Desktop shortcut icon arrow disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop shortcut icon arrow disappeared: [img] <-Before [img] <-After I upgraded to Windows 10 recently, and I've noticed something strange happening. When I boot up my computer, the desktop looks fine, but after a while, the little arrow overlays at the bottom left corner of the shortcut icons disappear....
  10. Taskbar shortcut icons disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar shortcut icons disappeared: After checking and configuring my router I went to the regular desktop view which is plain and looks like Win7 Only the quick access, internet icon, notices, lanquage and clock icons were visible. I had created a new toolbar which referenced the start menu in Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. some ofmy desktop shortcut icons disappeared