Windows 10: Some speakers are silent

Discus and support Some speakers are silent in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have six speakers, all as shown in these screenshot, and they all play correctly when tested under either the Realtek or Windows dialogs. Dropbox -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Terrypin, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Terrypin Win User

Some speakers are silent

I have six speakers, all as shown in these screenshot, and they all play correctly when tested under either the Realtek or Windows dialogs.
    Dropbox - SpeakerProblem-02.jpg

Yet when I play a track, whether from my HD or a CD, in any player application on my Win 10 PC, three of the small speakers are silent: the 'centre' and the two rear ones. What could be the cause and how can I fix please?

Also, this confuses me further:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/xgv3ztps1a...em-02.jpg?dl=0

Would much appreciate any help please.

P.S. I'm having difficulty including an image directly! Seem to have managed the first one indirectly somehow but could only show the second as a URL. Anyone able to advise please?

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

:)

Terrypin, Apr 29, 2017

2. Lumia 950 annoying ticking/popping sound while locked

I still think the problem is completely software related... If this were a hardware problem, the static would always be present whenever the speakers are turned on (a silent youtube video for example), but this is not the case. Some application is turning
    the speakers on and for some reason either the application or the operating system is feeding static through the speakers.

BernardoPilarz, Apr 29, 2017
  3. Nazalur Win User
    Low Volume - any cure?

When I looked in the Booklet from the inside of the battery section, I discovered the audio speakers are as tiny, as the regular internal earphones speakers. So - the sound is obviously really silent... Maybe it is possible to replace them with some other,
    more powerful, that can fit.

Nazalur, Apr 29, 2017
  4. WOT
    WOT Win User

Some speakers are silent

Just a stab in the dark suggestion but you may be missing a codec that is applicable to your speaker configuration.

You can try and download the K-Lite Codec pack which has an option to define your speaker configuration:

Download K-Lite Codec Pack
    Note: I just use the standard pack which come with the Media Player Classic Home Cinema (MPC-HC)

Some speakers are silent [​IMG]

Note: these options are available during a custom installation of the codec pack and are also available in the Codec Tweak Tool after installation.

Again, just an uneducated guess on my part.

Good luck,

5. Terrypin Win User
    Thanks WOT, but here's a no-brainer solution I should have spotted myself!

Just received a reply to my similar simultaneous enquiry in the forum of my usual player, Media Monkey, suggesting I try enabling Speaker Fill in that Asus dialog. Now running on six speakers. *Smile

I should have done so when I installed this new PC. Don't think I ever opened that dialog window until yesterday. So I suspect it took me nearly a year to notice that only three of my six speakers were working!

As will now be obvious, I'm no audiophile, so I'll settle for this. Wiring up the rear pair in particular (about two decades ago) was a hassle, so I'm happy to get some sound out of them again.

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Terrypin, Apr 30, 2017
  6. WOT
    WOT Win User
    That great news! Glad you got it sorted and thanks for identifying your fix too!

regards,

Thema:

Some speakers are silent

1. Some speakers are silent - Similar Threads - speakers are silent

2. Some of my speakers aren't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some of my speakers aren't working: I noticed lately my laptop audio has been weird and I realized it's because out of the three speakers, only one is working. I'm not sure how to fix it please help. I already tried to troubleshoot and everything. I have the dell inspiron 14 2-n-1...
  3. Some of my speakers aren't working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some of my speakers aren't working: I noticed lately my laptop audio has been weird and I realized it's because out of the three speakers, only one is working. I'm not sure how to fix it please help. I already tried to troubleshoot and everything. I have the dell inspiron 14 2-n-1...
  4. Windows 11 audio silent from speakers and plugged in headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 audio silent from speakers and plugged in headphones: Hi, I have a brand new lenovo idea pad 3 that isn't playing audio. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the audio drivers. I've tried updating the drivers from the intel website. I'm at a loss so far. Currently it shows the speakers are working but when I try to play any...
  5. Windows 11 audio silent from speakers and plugged in headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 audio silent from speakers and plugged in headphones: Hi, I have a brand new lenovo idea pad 3 that isn't playing audio. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the audio drivers. I've tried updating the drivers from the intel website. I'm at a loss so far. Currently it shows the speakers are working but when I try to play any...
  6. Audio in speakers goes silent after few seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio in speakers goes silent after few seconds: Hello im using my new Hp Pavilion 15 CW1008LA Ryzen 7 / Windows 10 64 Bit - laptop for less then 2 months and for some reason the audio in my speakers is really low. If i turn on any Movie, game, YouTube the audio is normal but after few seconds is turning silent and you...
  7. Speakers are crackling and has some noise

Speakers are crackling and has some noise: Laptop Model: Toshiba Satellite S55-A5292NR Originally, my laptop runs on Windows 8. Recently April 9, 2020, I downloaded the Windows 10 Pro from MS official website and installed it on my laptop. My speakers were working fine. But as of the other day April 23, 2020, after...
  8. Why are some updates silent and others not?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why are some updates silent and others not?: First of all I have automatic update in Group Policy set to notify for download (option 2). I have noticed that some updates like definition updates for defender antivirus gets updated without any notification. I know this because when I open up Reliability Monitor I can see...
  9. Why are some updates silent and others not?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why are some updates silent and others not?: First of all I have automatic update in Group Policy set to notify for download (option 2). I have noticed that some updates like definition updates for defender antivirus gets updated without any notification. I know this because when I open up Reliability Monitor I can see...
  10. My speakers are silent

My speakers are silent: I have plugged my speakers in to the lower back of the PC panel. The power is on and the volume is at the maximum level but there is no audio. How can I solve this problem?...