Windows 10: Some steam problems

Discus and support Some steam problems in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I just wanted to say that I made windows update work and updated my computer to the latest build. It didn't solve the problem with steam being slow to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Cerawy, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Cerawy Win User

Some steam problems

I just wanted to say that I made windows update work and updated my computer to the latest build. It didn't solve the problem with steam being slow to load on start up.

Cerawy, Aug 19, 2017
  2. swarfega Win User

Could you please fill out your hardware specifications in your forum profile.

Which Samsung SSD do you have. I have the 960 Pro which Steam takes a second to load. Where are your games stored? On the same SSD or some hard drive?

swarfega, Aug 19, 2017
  3. Cerawy Win User
    I have filled out my hardware specifications in my profile.

Cerawy, Sep 3, 2017
  4. Some steam problems

How long is it taking specifically? I have steam installed on a mechanical 7,200 hard drive as I didn't want it clogging space on the primary windows SSD. I don't have it starting with windows but I reckon it takes about 10-15 seconds. If yours is taking that amount of time I'd say that's normal. I think maybe some of the perceived lag can be down to steam server response as it's essentially a client / browser so can maybe take slightly longer to get/download the page.

Scottyboy99, Sep 6, 2017
  5. You have left out what version of Windows 10 you are using. If it is 15063.xxx turn off all of the gaming stuff in Settings, the Game Bar..etc. This should help. Also turn off all of your apps running in the background under settings/privacy.

Josey Wales, Sep 6, 2017
  6. I only guess, it is by design, to prevent overload at startup. My steam also waits for 15 secs exactly.

TairikuOkami, Sep 6, 2017
  7. Cerawy Win User
    I have filled that out as well now. I have also disabled the gamebar and disabled apps from running in the background. Will come back here with the results.

Cerawy, Sep 14, 2017
  8. Some steam problems

I had a similar issue, and realized I was using the Beta version of steam. I disabled and the issue went away.

masterhail, Sep 15, 2017
  9. Cerawy Win User
    Alright, so disabling the gamebar and background apps didn't solve the problem.

I have tried using both the beta and stable versions of steam, same problem really.

Cerawy, Oct 1, 2017
  10. Cerawy Win User
    Old topic, but im currently in touch with the developers of steam to see if they can solve the problem. I have a feeling that its a problem with their software. Will post the solution here if i get it.

If anyone has a solution meanwhile, please let me know.

Cerawy, Feb 1, 2018
  11. Under Steam you'll find "Settings (click)." Then go to "Downloads." Look for "Clear download cache." Now clear it.

I was having the same problem, but tried this method and it worked. Steam will restart and ask for credentials, but it worked nicely. Everything is speedy. *Party

PoetWarrior, Feb 3, 2018
  12. Cerawy Win User
    Tried that already. Steam loads 15-20 seconds after all other programs have loaded.

Steam support has been useless so far in the correspondence.

Cerawy, Feb 3, 2018
  13. Some steam problems

Sorry to hear that. Wish I could have helped.

PoetWarrior, Feb 3, 2018
  14. Cerawy Win User
    Well its not your fault.

Steam support was less than helpful. They said there wasn't a widespread issue with steam being slow to load, however googling the issue brings up a ton of people with the same problem.

Cerawy, Feb 6, 2018
  15. Cerawy Win User
    Well steam support sucks. They didn't solve the problem at all. It's their software im pretty sure, since literally all my other programs loads instantly.

Cerawy, Feb 25, 2018
Thema:

Some steam problems

1. Some steam problems - Similar Threads - steam problems

2. I have problems with running Counter strike 1.6 through Steam.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have problems with running Counter strike 1.6 through Steam.: Hi!I cannot upload image of error it says "files filed to upload, so I uploaded image to this site: https://ibb.co/f0c2YcsCould someone help me sort out this issue on my PC?Thank you a lot guys....
  3. I have problems with running Counter strike 1.6 through Steam.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have problems with running Counter strike 1.6 through Steam.: Hi!I cannot upload image of error it says "files filed to upload, so I uploaded image to this site: https://ibb.co/f0c2YcsCould someone help me sort out this issue on my PC?Thank you a lot guys....
  4. Steam games not running, task manager not responding, and problems with user profile...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam games not running, task manager not responding, and problems with user profile...: I just bought and built a new PC and I am having some problems. I can open steam but when I try to run any games it launches and immediately freezes. I'll close the game with task manager but then it will stop responding and steam will say its still running. If i restart 2/3...
  5. Steam games not running, task manager not responding, and problems with user profile...

Steam games not running, task manager not responding, and problems with user profile...: I just bought and built a new PC and I am having some problems. I can open steam but when I try to run any games it launches and immediately freezes. I'll close the game with task manager but then it will stop responding and steam will say its still running. If i restart 2/3...
  6. STEAM NETWORK USAGE PROBLEM

STEAM NETWORK USAGE PROBLEM: Hello, so i was having a problem while downloading steam games, i checked in task manager steam is only using 10% of network usage, also i tested my internet connection at speedtest.net, surprisingly i got a Download Mbps Speed of 623.69Mbps, and 197.85Mbps of Uploading...
  7. STEAM NETWORK USAGE PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    STEAM NETWORK USAGE PROBLEM: Hello, so i was having a problem while downloading steam games, i checked in task manager steam is only using 10% of network usage, also i tested my internet connection at speedtest.net, surprisingly i got a Download Mbps Speed of 623.69Mbps, and 197.85Mbps of Uploading...
  8. STEAM NETWORK USAGE PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Fix Steam Error There was a problem loading this web content

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Steam Error There was a problem loading this web content: [IMG]This post features solutions to fix the Steam Error There was a problem loading this web content. Steam is one of the most renowned digital distribution platform for games. Nevertheless, it still faces some bugs and errors now and then. One such error within Steam is the...
  10. Having a problem with downloads on my PC with Steam, the problem is coming from the PC.

Having a problem with downloads on my PC with Steam, the problem is coming from the PC.: Hello everyone, I'm coming here because I need help with some problems my computer has been having with downloading large files off Steam. This didn't start happening until about the 23rd of June, where, my PC would begin downloading a game larger than a giga and then it...